1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ClutchFans] Chandler Parsons won’t be getting a free pass any longer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 10, 2014.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure that's not a forced smile. And it doesn't mean he doesn't want to be here. He's just happy that either the Rockets or Mavs will be paying him $46 mil over the next 3 seasons. If you have to force a smile over that, you've got issues(or a billion already in the bank).

2. Snorkin

Snorkin Member

couldn't agree more. it's what happens when you chase all these big names in free agency who aren't even guaranteed to want to come here and play. the rockets could've easily kept parsons with his existing salary for another year and just add some role players but no. they are so desperate to land one of these guys they throw caution to the wind.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

4. Snorkin

Snorkin Member

all i know is if we let parsons walk, and don't land bosh there will be riots.

5. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Yep parsons should get the same treatment Lin does if he decides to sink into a hole next season. He will catch a LOT more heat and the LOFs will realize there were never any LOFs to begin with

6. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Good post. That's my biggest beef too. Morey gave him a 4 year contract and the financial security that isn't given to many 2nd round picks. Granted, he outplayed that contract, but no one saw that coming when he inked the deal.

Then, Morey let him out of it early so he could earn his worth and CP does all of this. I don't begrudge a man for getting paid, but this whole thing smacks of douchebaggery IMO. I think Morey deserves better than this from CP.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Good article Dr. Clutch.

Parsons can go F himself and no way should the Rockets match. I agree with the 60%

Ingrate posing for pictures with that moron Cuban almost taunting Morey and the Rockets

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

He went from insanely undervalued into outrageously overvalued just like that. Hey Im happy for the kid and his financial well being, if I was 25 years old as a former 2nd round pick and someone offered me $45 Big Bones to play basketball for 3 years I would jump all over it. Cuban gave Morey a little taste of what he dished out to Knicks with Lin and Asik with Bulls a couple of years back.

9. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure the goal is to win a title, not to simply be in the playoffs every year. Morey had gone on record saying that to win a title, you have to roll the dice sometimes. It was a calculated risk and unfortunately it backfired.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Only match if we get Bosh otherwise let him walk.

11. hlcc

hlcc Member

News flash. Players don't share the fans hatred toward other teams, players and owners.

12. conquistador#11

if bosh comes, how many points can parsons realistically generate? he has the clutchness gene. it's not going to evaporate from his dna.
    so let's say he averages 15 pts/5 rbds/4 rebounds? will that get his garm freepass revoked? Because I think they are nice numbers for someone that will see a decrease in attempts following howard, harden and bosh

It's on the coaching staff to get chandler to focus on D. They're the ones that give certain players freepasses. I fear that we don't have that kind of leader here.

there is only one ball. or are we going to have to move him to the bench for 'a better fit'?

13. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Much of his lure was the fact that he was a late round steal who exceeded expectations and contributed without getting much ($) in return.

CP's Cost-Benefit was incredible -- not so anymore.

14. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

1) Why would Parsons turn down that contract after being grossly underpaid the first 3 years? Especially when Morey treats players as assets. In this organization, business is business, and sadly loyalty won't be found.

2) Last time I checked, Parsons didn't take the picture as a selfie and post it under his twitter handle.

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

We all saw him disappear at times during the Portland series when he actually came out and said he was better than Batum. Batum played like the better small forward in that series (all around).

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don't begrudge #25, but I would not match that junk contract.

He's not worth it.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I disagree. I thought Clutch did a good job keeping it level-headed where it's very easy to be pissed.

1 person likes this.
  18. Snorkin

Snorkin Member

This is where Morey is wrong. The core of our team was great. Bev, Parsons, Harden, Jones, Howard was a pretty good starting lineup. You seriously can't be greedy to the point where you want an all star team. Team work and chemistry wins games. We definitely could use a stretch 4 but at what cost? Losing a young budding future super star in Parsons who made the team gel? IMO I would've signed a few role players like deng / ariza who could back up Parsons and improve the bench. I also would have fired McHale after this season. All the games we lost in the last few seconds of regulation is frightening and that was ultimately our demise. Poor coaching. One can argue how bad we were in shooting % from the 4 but if you ask me, T.Jones handled the starting position pretty damn well and he's young as heck still. Bottom line, having an alpha coach, a decent back up for parsons, and improved defense would have netted us better results than chasing these big names. Just my two cents.

19. ryebread

ryebread Member

i wonder how harden will respond to being the #1 option but the #3 contract on the team if they match.

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I'm happy he's getting paid, what I'm not happy is him signing the offer with the Mavs and on top of that taking pictures in a club with that slimeball Cuban

Disgusting and will make it hard for me to respect him truly as I did all this time.