1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutchfans]Ask Daryl Morey a question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

One more:

Is it easier to teach offensive players to play defense or defensive players to play offense?

In other words when scouting for players, do they look more for good offensive players, or good defensive players?

DD

#81 DaDakota, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  2. theteam

theteam Member

Can you tell us how this team is going to be able to beat Miami?

3. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

In the presentation that he presented to Bosh on the statistical likely hood that we were more equipped to win then the teams that had cleared cap space, did those numbers happen to include if all 3 of the stars got together or was it just if Bosh joined just 1 of the other free agents.

4. carolbmt

carolbmt Contributing Member

How much of a part does Rick Adleman play in selecting draft picks? Did Rick play a significant part in choosing Aaron Brooks?

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i am hoping to record it with my iphone hopefully i have enough juice it when i go talk to him

so far the questions are good it will be hard to choose, some are really good but i doubt it would elicit a genuine response considering how little he tries to reveal will try to go and ask the ones that he would honestly answer

asking about another teams players is a definite "i cant really comment on their situation"

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He comments on other teams all the time. Once they are signed and sealed there is no tampering which would be the only possible problem.

7. carolbmt

Which websites do you choose to read regarding the NBA?

8. amaru

amaru Member

1. Does it appear that Jermaine Taylor may be the back-up 2 that we have been missing since the departure of Von Wafer?

2. In your opinion, has Hill put on enough muscle to play the 5 consistently this season. If not how will time be divided at the 5 slot when Yao is not in the game. Hayes/Hill/Andersen perhaps?

3. How likely is it that one of our expiring contracts will be moved at the deadline this season.

4. Have you ever considered joining ClutchFans, if you haven't done so already*? We would be honored by your presence. :grin:

*Don't worry, I wouldn't ask you to post your username if you were a member of the forum or decided to join.

Thanks for taking the time 2 answer

9. sfayner

sfayner Member

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Guys, you can not ask DM anything about other players under contract, he can not comment on that....

DD

11. carolbmt

Would you like to see some form of instant replay added to the pro-game?

12. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

1. Among JT, Chase, Hill and Patterson, who has the highest ceiling and why?

13. carolbmt

What are your future career goals? Do you have a dream job; is ownership a future goal?

14. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

good one

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He answers questions about other teams all the time! He talks about the Lakers, Gasol, Kobe Durant ALL THE TIME.

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Can he provide new predictions for the Miami Heat, based on all paycuts for the Big 3, and signing Mike Miller and Derek Fisher?

Can he provide predictions on NY's record and expected draft position for 2011, assuming there are no midseason trades?

17. Kate81

Kate81 Member

One more thing from me:

I'm a graduated economist, can I apply for a job on your stat/scout team?

18. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

'

I like this question!!

19. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

question:

what can be done about weak backcourt defense? reason for question... of course yao's minutes will be limited, but he wasn't known as a defense force to begin with. he was foul prone early in his career, but it's tapered off a bit. with a weaker backcourt (defensively anyway) yao will most likely have a harder time staying out of foul trouble guarding his man, dribble penetration, and not to mention he hasn't guarded anyone in live game situations in over a year. brad miller isn't known as a defensive force... dude has averaged less than a block for his career.

before you have a chance to say it... don't use the cop-out "altered shots" statistic thing, please. would a change in the backcourt be necessary, is this being addressed, or is this something that doesn't make a lick of sense?

20. windz

windz Member

his comments on the new miami team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.