1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Asik Trade Demand Doubles The Trouble For Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I am surprised that members on here are not killing Asik for quitting. Some members swear up and down Tracy quit during that game against the Raptors and they went all ham on him.

This makes no sense, dude is getting paid and he is on a team that has a great chance to rep the West in the big dance and he is pouting like a little B. It's not like the Rockets didn't give him a fair chance. But oh well hurry up and trade the cancer.

2. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

When has Asik visibly quit on the Rocket mid game? I understand Asik and I have no problem with him asking for a trade. The GARM is being filled with post saying Asik is a diva and its pretty stupid. Hes a starting center who wants to play as a starter. nothign wrong with that.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think most of those guys that went after Tracy were his fans before.
    Tracy had all talents in the world but Asik has limited game.
    Posters were more emotionally invested in Tmac.

Reaction to Asik's quitting would be: Meh, he is a starting center. Trade him and and get something useful in return.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That reaction is typical. Asik's game isn't worth discussing. He is what he is.
    He can't get much better. His antics may cost us a better player in return.

5. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

I guess. Its crazy how people change their mind all of a sudden.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's not like Asik handled the situation well. I think he prefers stability but he won't get it with a team led by Morey.

Morey is always looking for a change until the team is bound for WC finals.

7. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Asik to Atlanta. Singler to Atlanta. Korver to Detroit. Greg Smith to Detroit. Greg Monroe to Hou. Hou gets a 4 that can also back up the 5. Atlanta gets a center and can finally move Horford to the 4. Detroit gets the floor spacing and a back up big. Smith goes to the 4. Their big lineup isn't working either.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

That would be a nice pickup for all parties

9. ZFlash23

ZFlash23 Member

so if you are detroit... monroe for greg smith and korver is a good deal?

10. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

You get a top 5 jump shooter in the league and everyone is put in their natural position. If they are trying to be good this year it makes sense. I've watched all but one of their games this year and that team is a mess. No outside scoring whatsoever. It also says they are committed to the Smith pickup and can they pay both Drummond and Monroe long term?

11. Chris Jent MVP

That's why this bothers me so much. His actions have hurt all of the rockets players, staff, and fans, because of the ripple effect. Selfish a##hole!!

12. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

LMAO!

He clearly raped the Pistons in that trade.

13. i3artow i3aller

We should trade him to the Ridgemont High Wolves
    [​IMG]

14. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets could be up 3-0, in the Finals, with a 20 point lead, and just 10 seconds left on the clock, and Morey would still be on the phone trying to make a deal.

;)

15. devin23

devin23 Member

Is Shaw trolling or just stupid???

16. Capsman

Capsman Member

Because he didn't want to rot on the bench for the benefit of the Houston Rockets? LOL. Yeah he should have played peanut minutes with a smile while Morey takes months to fleece another team, all for the benefit of the team.

17. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Omer Asik for Shawn Marion? Gives the Rockets a perimeter defender they desperately lack, a stretch 4, and an expiring contract. Gives the Mavs a future center and someone who can play next to Dirk. Dalembert is the Mavs only true center right now.

18. caneks

caneks Rookie

I do not think Omer is the one to blame. He deserves a starting position. When Howard signed with Rockets, most of our fans knew he will be traded,...sooner or later.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He isn't even the star on the Turkish national team. He played below average there this summer.

20. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

i dont think his actions have cost rockets a better player..he has 0 leverage...i think he will only be traded if the rocket get an offer they cant turn down.