1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Asik Trade Demand Doubles The Trouble For Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2013.

1. yummyhawtsauce

melo for lin

2. yummyhawtsauce

asik wants to be significant on a team, whats wrong with that? sucks not playing. Yes hes getting paid but thats not the point. People want to be happy and do their job. People want to use their skill sand be significant to a team.

I'm sad for him but at the same time, I would want to see him go, because he's not a good fit right now for the rockets.

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

In a world of guaranteed contracts, the only thing Asik needs to abide by is the CBA. It's not good for the Rockets that he's sulking, but that's ultimately their burden for giving him the contract and acquiring Dwight w/o dealing with the Asik situation sooner.

Asik is putting himself before the team, and that sucks. The Rockets should have been prepared for this, but it's not like the situation is unsalvageable.

4. basketballholic

Many ballers have called out their teammates IN PUBLIC for the good of the team.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes, some did that, and believe me, it was almost never good for the team. You want to call out your teammate? Go to him and talk face to face BEHIND THE DOOR. That's what a true leader would do.

Talking to your teammate through the media is never a good thing.

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

not if he wants to play in the NBA

he did. I have never heard him say anything public even less about wanting to be traded.

7. bucket

bucket Member

Sort of beside the point, but if I'm not mistaken a player under contract to an NBA team can't leave for any other FIBA league without his NBA team's permission.

8. j3i

j3i Member

If he wants to do his job, he can. No one's stopping him from playing backup minutes but himself.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What makes you think that Parsons has not said exactly the same thing to Asik in the locker room already? He is just answering a question.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Don't forget he makes a hundred plus thousand dollars a game and he aint no Hakeem the Dream. I feel for the kid cuz he wants a different situation to where he can start, but this is the hand he's been dealt and he has to do whats best for the team at the moment. He needs to be professional about it.

11. Chris Jent MVP

Nothing wrong with having feelings and wanting to be traded.

But not giving your best effort, holding out on your team because of personal and financial concerns, thereby forcing others to pick up your slack?? NOT COOL. AT ALL.

Asik is a disgrace, along with Terrence Williams and Royce White. Bums.

12. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I think Parsons is publicly taking a stance because he knows Asik will be gone very soon and he is trying to back Howard. It is possible that he just believes Asik is being a baby. I think Asik is doing it just as much for business reasons. If he is not going to get starter-level minutes regularly his value will not be quite as high entering free agency after next year.

13. pacmania

pacmania Member

The Twin Towers Lineup or any other Lineup (even one with chuck hayes at center) can be maximized and made to work if you have a GOOD COACH that explains the proper defensive rotation, how to switch on pick and rolls, how to read the defense, etc. and on offense a GOOD COACH who likewise implements a good system. Even the 2006 Miami Heat, had two good though aging centers in SHAQ and ZO. it all depends on the coach and how he handles his players both on and off the court.

The only reason Asik was benched was because we weren't winning and it wasn't Asik's fault. Houston has a coaching problem and the sooner they realize this, the better.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I didn't say what he did or didn't do in the locker room. But why did he have to tell that to the media even when he was asked?

This is what I said about Parsons' quote in another thread:

15. Chris Jent MVP

What a nonsense post! Let me cut through that mess and focus on the keywords:

So, apparently, Asik has Shaq/Zo potential but terrible old coach is holding him back... :rolleyes:

Asik Only Fans, Howard Haters, McHale Haters, whatever you want to call them... just disgraceful. It's better to beat up on multiple other Rockets, to fulfill your agenda, instead of assigning the responsibility on the player it belongs.

ASIK IS WRONG. period!

16. jump shooter

The twin tower lineup with D. Howard and Asik will never ever work even if Greg Popovich was coach.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How is he youngster on this team? He survived Lowry, Martin, Patterson and Morris.
    I guess he is a direct person and not so discreet but as the team captain (Chronicle) he is entitled to say that.

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

My thing is what would the rockets be willing to give up besides asik to get that player? If its rondo, would it be lin and asik? If its horford, would it be asik, one of the young pfs and an picks? To me,its not just asik who is on the block, its really anyone not named howard,harden,and parson(kinda) on the block.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

what? Since when did the NBA become a league full of emos?
    You gotta stay strong and convinced...... play like it is your contract year to end up in a better situation....

I don't get all the I am a supreme starting Center in this league and I can play this 'I can do whatever I want' card. This is ridiculous.

20. jump shooter

I think I would do Lin and Asik for Rondo if he were available. With Tony Parker, Westbrook and Curry in the West, Rondo just makes to much sense.