1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutchfans]Adelman has no interest in playing Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 23, 2009.

1. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree, will see him sometime in Jaunuary. In the meantime Tracy just needs to keep his mouth shut and be a good soldier (I would love to be making his salary while trying to get back into shape). His time will come and hopefully they have him 100% for the stretch run of the season or they have a young stud for his contract after the trade deadline. Its a win win deal for the rockets. Everything else is a mute point.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

So what was our big target aquired since dream left? We had barkley play for peanuts to get a ring and pippen signed. Since this experiment, how many guys that couldve helped the rockets went to the spurs,mavs,pistons,lakers, and so forth. You're right they don't have to play him and i've said it before, dump his contract or just do him like tinsley, but they haven't. If it is as bad as you like to say it is, why haven't they done this? His value is his contract, not his play. The rockets wont get anymore for tracy playing this year than they would if he was out for the yr.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Oh, I am sorry, please post your LONG list of superstar players that have switched organizations via free agency since then.

Que the crickets (chirp chrip)

And IIRC, Tmac signed an extension as did Yao.

Yeah, uh...right, most players are acquired via trade, NOT free agency, you should know that Leeb.

There is NOTHING that Tmac can say that will hurt the Rockets organization. No one listens to him anyway, he has cried wolf about 100 too many times.

I agree, been saying that all year, read my sig, the only one that benefits by Tracy playing his way into shape is Tracy.....screw that....do what is right for the Rockets.

DD

#423 DaDakota, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  4. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

My theory is that tmac leaked the argument he had with Adelman to yahoo and now he's finished dealing with tmac. If you look at old yahoo stories tmac emails them quotes, and they quote tmac's sources.

“Excited to get back and compete at a high level again,” McGrady said in an email to Yahoo! Sports. “For a full year I had to play on one leg against the best and I couldn’t compete with anybody the way I was feeling.

“It’s gonna be a relief to get out there and play knowing what I went [through] last season and this summer.”

While McGrady is awaiting final clearance from team doctors, Rockets sources don’t expect there to be any problems.

One source close to McGrady says he’s “still feeling a little pain” in his knee, but the front office and coaching staffs are encouraged by his progress. Houston general manager Daryl Morey refused to commit to a firm date for McGrady’s possible return.

5. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

I don't believe Adleman has no intrest in playing him. If so why don't they just cut him? This situation is totally bogus.

I believe they want to wait until he is completely healthy so they can make a playoff push.

6. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Just reading the above makes me dream of a great unbeatable ROCKETs team! Dang now I have to slap myself awake :mad:

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Why don't they cut him?

Because they still have to PAY him.....

And they are holding out hope of trading him at the deadline for teams looking to start over.

If they don't trade him by then, and things are not better, they may indeed just cut him.....or buy him out.

DD

8. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Just activate him but only play him in blowout situations or in spurts like the end of quarters. It'll get him back in the flow of the game somewhat and he won't get overworked.

9. SouthMJS

SouthMJS Member

Same reason they don't cut Brian Cook. Guaranteed money

10. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

If they wanted to trade him they would PLAY him so they can get MORE for him.

If they don't want to play him and they don't want to trade him and he is being a thorn in their side they would just CUT him.

So I think they will play him sometime in the future and hope to go on a 22 game winning streak.

Brain Cook has value as a emergency big man who can shoot the three.

11. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

No.1 - No cussing. Read the rules, rookie.

No.2 - Look at yourself. Put all of that negativity you are feeling to good use.

No.3 - Get a clue. Educate yourself on the risks of coming back too soon from Micro-fracture.

No.4 - It is amusing that all of the tmc lovers are acting just as petulant as him and are just as oblivious to it.

No.5 - If you cannot do any of the above, root for another team, preferably the team tmc ends up on. Just stay away from my Rockets, rookie.

1 person likes this.
  12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

no

13. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Prediction: Morey will rape the Wizards of talent, give them some cap relief, sacrifice a future pick in the process and we will be 1 and out of the first round as a 7th seed. Book it.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed and if he shows he can't play within the flow of the offense, sit him, until he learns.

This is provided that he can show is health is good enough.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I dont think this is a good solution to have especially if the coaches do believe that he isnt fully recovered from the surgery basketball wise.

1) lets say he is not back fully and plays terrible his stock would be further driven down. Now most trading partners for McGrady probably wont care for his talent, but just want that contract but still in case there was a team that would offer a better package for McGrady if he could actually benefit their team by playing it would cause that team to reduce their offer.

2) if gives mcgrady back some leverage...if he does play well but doesnt buy into the team concept then the media will be all over the front office and it gives tmac a way of saying "look i played well when I have played and I have no idea why I am not playing more" this is NOT the sort of press the rockets front office wants heading into what could be one of the most active free agent summers in the NBA

keeping him on the bench allows the coaches to fully assess his progress, physically I think McGrady is fine but his mental approach to the team and his conditioning need to be heavily worked on. The guy hasnt really played legitimite NBA ball in over a year. It obviously benefits the team financially as well to do so.

also we never know how he would take it, i mean playing in blowout situation for a player of his talent and his achievements would be a total insult. He may not even want to go in, you see a lot of vet players look at their coaches cross-eyed when asked to stay in a blowout. I mean not everyone is Matt Bullard wanting to get freebie points. So even that is a tricky situation.

I think the coaches are handling it the right way, I too would like to see him play in the new system and help the team win games but I don't see tmac changing his style any time soon.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

We agree.

Just support the coaches and GM no matter what they decide.

Oh, and we also agree about Cook.

DD

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

:grin:

Wow!!

This is my favorite post of the day. If I could rep you I would :grin:

18. Ferrarii

Ferrarii Member

Fail.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut