1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutchfans]Adelman has no interest in playing Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 23, 2009.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If only real life was a game..........

2. Audioout

Audioout Member

Whoops, I mean that Adelman will have "zero" interest in him playing until he's healthy, but I assume that's obvious...What the hell am I doing in a Tracy McGrady thread at 3AM? :confused:

I'm going to sleep.

3. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Yeah, this doesn't seem very Adelman like. He has always been a low key coach. As much as I trust Clutch, I have to call BS on this tweet.

4. Chamillionaire

this team now is the team that basically took us to 7 games against the eventual champions, with the exception of Yao, who is not only an exception but our best player. all of our players compliment each other, play hard, make the extra pass. if ariza becomes the scorer we all hope he can be, we should be fine without mac, but a healthy mac is a player. i think it's a personal conflict between RA and mac. i mean, who doesn't want a healthy 20ppg scorer, although not a good fg %.

5. VBG

VBG Member

I honestly don't feel that this could be true. Adelman shouldn't/wouldn't do something like that.

If it is true than I will lose all my respect for Adelman.

6. Chiron

Chiron Member

Its The HOUSTON ROCKETS people not the Tracy McGradys....

Tmac is a good player...far from his prime....add his stupid PR moves and you get a player thats playing somewhere else next season.

7. Chamillionaire

i can't see RA not playing him for the rest of the season... now that i think about it. looking at the pics, he looks like he's in good shape. how can you keep a healthy mac out of rotation? if he plays hard, i think he deserves minutes, although it'll take minutes away from cbud.

8. Aloe

Aloe Contributing Member

If they have no interest in playing him then why the hell didn't they trade him in the first place? What did they think T-Mac was going to do? Just take it lying down. Does that sound like any superstar player you've ever heard of?

They deserve the mess they've created.

1 person likes this.
  9. VBG

VBG Member

T-Mac was a member of the Houston Rockets last time I checked. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It's incredible how many people forget last season, when T-Mac was raring to play with Artest and Yao and all the Rockets, the doctors cleared him to play, then he shut it down for nine months.

Tell us how this is different from the beginning of last season please. Oh, the team is less packed with talent than last season. Ohhhh, T-Mac is in a contract year!

Further, so many people seem to think T-Mac is in peak form, I have no idea why. When was the last time you saw T-Mac in top form? Two years ago?

Dude is not in peak form. Dude is extremely injury prone. Dude got cleared to play last season and that was not good enough to keep him on the court.

He's getting paid $23 mill, which equals 500 years of my salary as an assistant professor. And you feel sorry for him.

11. tested911

tested911 Member

Hahaha I was laughing at this quote then I did the math and started crying... Your probably right $23 over 500 years is $46,000 / year.. My life sucks now... Thanks a lot sirbaihu...

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since I have no idea what all is going on behind the scenes, I'll just say I'm a little disappointed.

In an ideal world Tracy would come back humbled fit into the system the way the team is running now, so that he would still be on the court, when the defense clamped down and we needed a go to guy. That is especially true for the playoffs.

Since that doesn't seem like it's happening, my second wish would be that Tracy worked his tail off, and did everything to show the coach and the team, that we was worth taking a look at, and he was not only willing to play within in the team's system, but eager to do it.

The bottom line is that Tracy made this bed and he's going to have to lie in it. I think the team needs to be above the individual, but there's no doubt Tracy could helps us in the playoffs.

Once the playoffs start, every game will be like the Suns game where the defense just clamps down in the 4th, and the team has been scouted so well that we don't really have that many surprises up sleeves. At times like those a guy who can always create his own shot, and draw in defenses to create shots for his teammates like Tracy can would very valuable.

But if Tracy isn't able to play the role the team needs him to, then none of that matters.

1 person likes this.
  13. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

Right now, i wanna punch RA in the face as hard as i can, just to wake him up!

TRACY MCGRADY IS READY TO PLAY, THAT'S WHAT THE MRI SAYS, AND THAT'S WHAT HE SAYS!!! PUT HIM IN GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!

14. Niaperzly

Niaperzly Member

Let Tmac play. If his play ends up being detrimental to the team, then sit him. It's not rocket science.

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

He's also ready to play, WANTS to play, and could potentially help this team win more games... but we'll never know.

Look, I definitely haven't forgotten last season, but sometimes you have to put the past behind you if it can potentially help the team.

And I'm not saying that Tracy is in top form, or that he will be this season, but he should at least get a chance to help this team win... and if the only reason for him sitting on the bench is because he opted for microfracture surgery last season, then get the hell over it.

16. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

Exactly!! Tracy McGrady is being used right now for the insurance money. But they don't give him a chance to
    actually get in the court and play, just let him play, see how he does, and if he does good, keep him. If he doesn't
    do good, just sit him on the bench. But at least try him goddamnit, don't do him like that...

1 person likes this.
  17. stonecold999

stonecold999 Member

+1.. indeed.. play the dude play... I think we should create a petition thread of letting Tmac play.... what do yall think?

18. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

So what about the MRI and what Tracy says? Like sirbaihu pointed out, Tracy was CLEARED to play by his DOCTORS, but it was TRACY who disagreed with them and shut himself down. What makes you think what the doctors say mean anything this time? Tracy tries to play by his rules on his time.

19. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

I agree...i would do it but i can't make threads yet, we should get a member to do it.
    No, Tracy said he's waiting for his coaches to say he's ready, and that he's coaches think he's not ready, but
    both the MRI and he himself say he's ready. RA's just using him to make money off him..

20. ROCKETrobert

ROCKETrobert Member

Tmac does not fit with this team. I will be happy when he is traded.

Now is the time to get something for him before his contract expires.