1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutchfans]Adelman has no interest in playing Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Kadrak

Kadrak Member

If this is true and I want to put the emphasis on if...then Rick is not the low key players coach that he pretends to be. I am not a big TMac fan, but if this is the case, then Rick's ego needs to be checked by Morey or Les. I don't believe in writing off seasons and this one can still be very good. I don't care about the name of the player, I care about putting the best talent and team on the floor to win the game. If that is TMac, then how can the Rockets as an organization not play him. Let's get rid of the 'What ifs' and play the guy. Either he has it or he doesn't. It doesn't have to be this way and it will only cost the team fans.....come on Rockets, we're better than this!

2. Crudder

Crudder Member

Honestly, I think that if they Adelman really doesn't want to play Tmac, then the only thing to do is trade him (unless they plan on screwing him over by not playing him so that other teams can't see what he can do and want to sign him). Either way, the Rockets lose. Let's be frank - the current team, as great as they are, aren't competing for a championship.

With that said, I somewhat agree with what leebigez just said and if they don't believe they will get a star back for Tmac (since they aren't going to play him presumably), then we should start from scratch. This also indicates that we no longer need Battier and should immediately begin the development of young players (which we have somewhat) and the pursuit of a young but proven star.

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Yeah and that's the kind of judgment that pines for the Ricky Davis' and Tim Thomas' of the world. Morey's smarter than you.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Ricky davis still playing and brent barry is collecting rocket checks that has us in lux tax land. What does any of that have to do with this?

5. Dream Shake 81

not to stir the pot but, how credible is this Clutch? not trying to say anything bad i just wanna know how he or she gets this info??

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Absolute gold!

Specially fitting after the sad and unfortunate events during MNF. Texans showed their true colors again.

Anyways, VY is a prime example of why you never say never.

7. Dream Shake 81

I heard Ariza and other rockets talk about it on the radio. All of them said he is playing like a superstar who hasn't played in a year. But they all said they see him coming back to all star tracy soon, even after a few more practices. He will play. Adleman may not like it but he will play. Rockets.com has an article about him. Turner says he will be back when he knows there will be no in-out routine. He did mention chemistry that is built with a consistent line up. And the time table for him is calculated - it is about 2 more weeks, about how long training camp takes.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Clutch is currently masquerading as Mrs. Rick Adelman. The real Mrs. Adelman is in a dungeon deep in the bowels of the ClutchFans Headquarters building.

9. bluesinsoul

bluesinsoul Member

Illogical? It really depends on what kind of a schedule TMac has been trying to push ahead. If the MRI date was picked based on some certain medical knowledge, if there's a reasoning behind this date, then trying to get ahead of it may be illogical. As far as I can see, this date has no magical bearings. If the situation changes (i.e. TMac's physical conditions improve), still holding on to the original test date seems to be quite illogical to me, not the other way around..

10. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Lets hope Richard Justice isn't this "source".

I don't even know why people care anymore. Aliens are going to land in Florida in 3 days!

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Last year we saw a struggling, injured McGrady not being able to score even 10 in a single game, and this year we are not gonna see him at all.

The trade - that's what I hope will happen. And he will probably wait till the road trip. If they don't play him, he will ask for a trade.

12. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Feigen's take on the Clutch tweet:

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

So Clutch hangs out on twitter these days?

14. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

And all of the TOFs waking up to the fact that McGrady is no longer coddled as he was during JVG's tenure. They're having as hard a time coming to grips with it as McGrady is.

15. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

tmac cook and battier to the knicks for curry, chandler, jordan hill and hughes.

we get a big man(curry) to play this season before he expires, we get a playmaker in hughes whos also expiring.. and we get some permanent height problems solved with jordan hill along with the flexibility to play with scola's contract, and we get chandler and can possibly trade battier or some other combination of signing and trading with all of our expiring for a joe johnson/chris bosh type player...
    Now:
    brooks/lowry
    hughes/ budinger/taylor
    ariza/ chandler
    scola/ landry
    curry/ hill/ andersen
    Next year:
    brooks/lowry
    Joe johnson/ budinger/taylor
    ariza/ chandler
    landry/ hill
    yao/ andersen/ hayes

I completely typed this out for fun.. no seriousness intended. i love tmac but i completely forgot about jordan hill on the knicks and i like the thought of having him..

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tmac is going to play. it's as simple as that. elson turner said some really positive things after practice today. and we've heard great things from his teammates.

if tracy is back to his old self as they claim he is going to be with some more practice, he's going to play.

17. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

don't be so sure about that one. the question is when? it looks like tracy is at adelman's mercy.

it can be this or next week, but it can be hell even january. who knows? if tracy doesnt get traded he may be done.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

this is where it gets iffy. unless the team sends him home or suspend him, an outside party can get involved. if they check tracy out and says he's ready, then he's either going to play for us or another team via trade.

so either it gets real ugly (trade and public debacle) or tracy is going to play. he's not going to sit out much longer.

i'm relieved at what elson turner said today. he was very realistic. i was surprised he said tracy would be back to his "old self" with just a couple of real games.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess people are scared because of what Iverson turned out to be first. Second it is friggin microfracture.
    He's anything but DONE. Mark it.

20. Audioout

Audioout Member

I believe that Tracy will indeed play but only when Adelman thinks he's ready. Once he sees where Tracy will fit in his game plan, then he'll worry about whether to play Tracy or not or if he even cares.

The point of the matter is Adelman doesn't stay up at night worrying about Tracy. He worries about the team he currently has on the court. Until Tracy can prove he's healthy, Adelman will have more than "zero" interest in playing him.

I really think the situation is as simple as they say it is. It really isn't that complicated and the constant trying to get into everyone else's head is ridiculous. It isn't going to be much longer now when we'll see this play out so, chill out and be patient. :cool: