1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Clutchfans]Adelman has no interest in playing Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 23, 2009.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

No. Size is a problem. When our front line consists of players who are 6'9 and 6'6 and there are teams out there like the Lakers whose front lines are 7'+, then obviously size is a problem if we intend to compete with them.

Make sense?

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well would you eat vaseline as a publicity stunt? He was already doing a publicity stunt at the time (ustream), eating vaseline was a publicity stunt for a publicity stunt. I'm saying if he'll do that there's no telling what else he can do on or off the court. If you still can't connect the dots then there's nothing more to be gained by discussing this with you.

OMG we're not? Well who's system were we playing then? JVG? The system we were playing now is the same. The coach is the same, Yao Ming was gone then as well, and we were relying on backdoor cuts and opportunistic offenses back then as well. The only difference is we're using better players now. The players from before have adjusted to the system, which is why it looks smoother now. Rafer and Tmac are gone, so we're playing at a much faster pace as well. A healthy Tmac can only help this team, that's why sitting him out is a detriment to the squad's performance.

3. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I second this and I'm elated that we have Rick the Ruler running the show and doing what he feels is best for everyone involved. As many have previously stated on the boards recently, we don't want another Webber scenario. I want Mac to be a healthy Mac when he finally comes back.

4. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

Well honestly what people may or may not think has more to do with the emotional investment they have in a situation rather than the actual reality of a situation.

For instance, when I watched the Elston Turner interview that was posted, it was pretty obvious that he REALLY felt uncomfortable talking about how Tracy looked at practice (and other things regarding Tracy) It looked like there was something waaaaaay deeper going through his mind but he tried to hide it......kind of like how a friend avoids telling his friend the truth when he asks him what he thinks about his girlfriend who weighs 300 lbs and has a face like a basset hound.

But, I've seen Tracy's fans commenting on the same video and say that they can really tell that the coaching staff just wants him to be healthy.

As far as you saying that it's not like Adelman to write someone off, maybe that should be a clue to you as to what kind of guy Tracy really is.

Believe me when I tell you this, you're not hearing a fraction of what is going on behind the scenes.

5. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

I do not want him to play for the Rockets again for the following reasons:
    1) Jump shots instead of driving to the rim when it counts
    2) Lack of desire to run with the team and instead opt to walk the ball up the court
    3) Half-assing defense half of the game - the guy should be the best defender on the court but never is
    4) Repeat offenses of placing himself above the team
    5) He would change a 1/3 of the possessions to one on five instead of team ball of finding the open man
    6) A 99% chance of another injury, quitting on the team or additional drama before the season ends
    7) I will never get over a starter on my team electing to play only one half of back-to-backs

When these are weighed against his talent, or what may be left of it, I cannot believe there are many upsides to putting up with the circus when you have a court full of guys who play hard every possession, every night.

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

They will have tobe careful with the Marbury treatment, can back fire on you real quick...

Just like the owners talk about players they don't want, players talk about teams they want play for.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know why this thread is so long,
    I mean if Clutch said so, then that's like the FDIC insurance on my bank account.

To me, the story isn't about Tmac, it's about Rick Adelman showing everybody here, he's the boss.

8. Yak

Yak Member

Good idea.

So after this season, we won't have Tmac OR a coach. Solid plan.

9. T_Man

Totally agree with you on that...

3 sides to a story - Side A - Side B and then the truth...

10. T_Man

True... But as we know, he has to be careful in how he handles this and not let this become personal or it can hurt him in the long run.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While I can't dispute anything you write...and certainly we don't knwo what's going on behind the scenes, I can only judge on what's being put out there. It could very well be that the organization is fed-up with t-mac and resigned to trade him now.

But at the same time, it's hard to completely dump T-mac - let's face it, if his skills are still there, or will be able to return and the brass sees that, they have to be considering that he still may help this team. It's just so hard to find that kind of talent.

And it's talent that this team needs. I don't believe Morey and Adelman honestly think that simply adding Yao to this group will turn it into a contender. There's a bit more missing. Maybe that ingredient is two years and these guys will just get better.

That's what happened with sac-town. They just got better and better as the elite teams got old and moved aside, the kings could then assume the mantle.

we do know that T-mac and his guys thing he's ready and back, but there are others who have said he is not. Not just Adelman.

And Adelman isn't one to lie. He wouldn't say T-mac isn't ready and does look good on the court unless he meant it.

12. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

I'm with that. It's all about the 'team' and he would love T-Mac to be about that too. But he is not. Everyone else in the organization is with Adleman.

I hope he comes back too. But he deserves nothing for his sorry attitude and lack of self awareness.

IT already has and T-Mac flung the first poo...repeatedly. And this is the first peep out of Adleman, 'Mr. Mild Mannered'...you know it's bad.

Kinda funny and spiteful :) yeah, too spiteful. Anyway, that would mess up our chemistry. Next...

I do too. But we all know it fits.

No, it doesn't. And I only want a trade that helps this team. Otherwise, he sits.

Whoa! That could be. If we can't find a good trade and keep tmc from playing, he will not be able to stop number-two-ing out of his mouth...Ahhh...And while you buckle up, don't forget your rain panchos.

This is my fav post in this thread. :)

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

If Rick doesn't want to play him, fine, that is his decision to make. But why now? Why wait until the day the guy practices and has the MRI? I'm assuming he didn't mention all this to T-Mac when they had that talk the other day. Oh well, best thing is to see how all this plays out.

14. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

Ukuuum - tmc has been, is being, and will continue to be, an arse.

The Organization has been more than cool, doing everything to protect their assets, keep their 'house-cleaning' in house. tmc is airing it in the press, not the Organization.

tmc Has Not carried this team for a Long Time and never carried us, or himself, past the first round of the playoffs.

The way he has acted and continues to act (not just Last year, but This year too. Wake Up! Look Around), he does Not deserve to play on this team and he does not deserve a ticket out of town before the season ends unless that trade benefits the team.

To all of you tmc lovers out there who don't see this, Wake Up! tmc is hurting Our Team. I am not a tmc hater, I'm a Lover not a Fighter..It's all about the team, the Rockets..& tmc is hurting the team, K? K.

And besides, we are not only protecting our asset by not playing tmc yet, we are also protecting him from himself (I wish someone could protect his trade value from his mouth), a point made by this post..

See the clarity in the room now? If only tmc did and would eat some humble pie, as DD mentioned...

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

First of all, if I were getting paid 20 million, yeah, I'd eat some vaseline if I wanted some publicity. Secondly, it's not like he put himself in danger by eating it. Some people are just attention whores. Look at Dennis Rodman. He put on a wedding dress and married himself yet he's arguably one of the top 5 pfs of all time.

The system we're playing now is the same as the system we were playing during the 22 game winning streak? Really? Are you willing to make a tip-jar wager on that? I'll give you 5:1 odds.

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Even if TMac files a grievance its a non-issue because the Rockets can't be fined or penalized in any way for not playing TMac.

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Source tells ClutchFans that Jeff Fisher has no interest in playing Vince Young. Zero. Says: "This isn't going to end well"

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think posters on this board see everything black or white, but most things are grey. Of course there is a lot of speculation,rumors,and bs mixed in. I said earlier that I wish the rox should end the tracy-yao experiment, trade shane, let scola go in free agency and start over. The only thing the rox are doing is stalling the end .

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

It is a issue because if tracy was ready and he really thought he was ready and the team didn't want him to play, then he would file. At that point the nba would have a arbitrator to hear the case and then the rox would have to make a move. Now the whole insurance thing would get called in and again the nba would also get involved. I believe that if he was the devil on 2 feet as some suggest, they would buy him out or release him. That's when it would get messy as they say.

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Well hopefully we can trade Yao too.... All for it! Time to start a new era in Rockets Basketball.