1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] 5 Thoughts After Witnessing Hakeem The Dream Play Once Again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 1, 2015.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think that someone like Popovich would draft him first. He clearly knows how to use a big man with multiple skills. The game is not just about points and the Spurs proved that over the last decade and a half. I know I certainly would draft Hakeem over Jordan because of the advantages you get. Give me Kobe to balance out Jordan's game and my team ain't worried about the great Jordan. I know the Rockets were never scared of Jordan because we had a guy that could defend him and the greatest center to ever play the game. The game revolves around the big man and Jordan's teams never faced a great center in the playoffs. Only good ones like Ewing.

Why are you even on a Rocket's site, dude? You make zero sense. It's like you have no respect for Hakeem at all. If laughing like the idea is idiotic when considering Hakeem's value vs Jordan's, that kind of makes you a Jordan fan boy who doesn't belong here. So GTFO.

2 people like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dirk stole that shot from Hakeem, he owes him royalties

3. don grahamleone

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/epPwITy_BMU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Layup guy... watch this and tell me if the Rockets look scared. Watch the whole thing objectively and give me a basketball report on what you see.

The first thing you'll notice is that Vernon had the ability to contain Jordan. The first 10 seconds show that, albeit it was a foul but he was completely in front of Jordan and forcing a long 2.

Second, Maxwell makes Michael look flat out stupid 20 seconds in.

So keep talking. Hakeem was far greater than you'll ever know. Keep worshiping your ESPN shaded view of basketball.

#63 don grahamleone, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

5. don grahamleone

And if you start feeling all high and mighty, watch the last 20 seconds and give me a nice book report on the importance of the center position and on how Jordan can lift up and shoot over anyone ever because he was a god. That 3 pointer Jordan hits to win the game over hakeem was legendary. I hope you saw that game winner. Jordan was big time. No one ever had his number. Ever.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

The Celtics , Lakers, and Spurs have more championships than the Rockets

you can love them instead of Clutch City.

We love Hakeem and love Clutch City because what they did for us Rockets fans.

Go love LeBron too.

Don't say you love Clutch City unless you really love Clutch City.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

There's no love for Clutch City in his heart. He has no idea what it means.

You can't convince some with a chicago bulls 23 jersey in his aorta.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

look at this dude's join date.

He's a LIN FAN trolling CLUTCHFANS.

9. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Kind of glad internet forums weren't around in the early 90's.
    It's just like some who question Harden now.
    I've got plenty of love for Jordan, but there's just a different type of magic surrounding Hakeem that you'd never replace with anything.

10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the signature:
    [​IMG]

11. don grahamleone

Jordan should thank his lucky stars for Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton. The Rockets were as bad against the Supersonics as the Bulls were against Hakeem.

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So true.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the conventional thinking is that he'd get fronted so he wouldn't get as many post-up opportunities. I used to think that but now I have changed my mind. There are a few reasons why I think he'd be as dominate offensively (if not more):

1. Today's NBA favors guard penetration. Hakeem would be an awesome PnR powerhouse if paired with an elite penetrator and passer.
    2. With defensive 3 seconds, Hakeem would be able to drive more to the basket unimpeded off of a drive and kick.
    3. While he would be fronted on post entry passes, the guards would be freer to better exploit double teams than they were in the Seattle days. Teams would almost have to choose between giving up a corner 3 or a drive to the basket. In today's NBA it is much harder to close out on a guard who can penetrate and shoot.
    4. Hakeem would be a better passer. He was such a student of the game, he did and adopted to what was necessary to succeed. If that meant passing, he'd focus on that and become the best passing big man in the history of the game.
    5. He'd learn to shoot 3 pointers and find new ways to punish defenses. He wasn't a bad 3 point shooter in his time (many of his misses were half-court heaves). Take those out and he probably shot above 40%

Hakeem actually shot that really well. Near 50%. If you look at his heatman in his last year as a Rocket - when he was clearly on the decline, you see that spot is best shooting spot outside of the rim.

14. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

THANK GOODNESS!!!

15. tinman

Supporting Member

So a 52 year old Hakeem Olajuwon shakes a youngster in Africa

and a NEWB USER goes on here and trolls that the Rockets should have drafted Jordan.

Conclusion:

Lin Fan trolling the Rockets forum

Who is the greatest Rocket of all time? Dream. So drop an insult to Dream to troll.

I see you LOF.
    I see you.

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Sonics should thank their lucky stars instant replay wasn't around in the 90's.

McMillan touched it.

1 person likes this.
  17. 9495

9495 Member

Taking everything into consideration, by far my favorite athlete of all time!

18. Exiled

Exiled Member

Orlando Magic fans must felt as the most, not only they lost that final to Houston, but their best player in coming years will be A ROCKET too

19. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm so glad we got Dwight

20. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Words can't express the effect it has on my heart to see this man hit his "last" bucket in a Rockets uniform.

A terrible, terrible wrong has been righted.

1 person likes this.