1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans 2022 NBA Draft Thread (6/23/2022)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 22, 2022.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Wasn’t too far off lol

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

3. Spooner

Spooner Member

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

ty is about 6'6

coachbadlee likes this.
  5. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

That or we accidentally drafted 3 point guards

Jontro, red5rocket and coachbadlee like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If he is, he grew about 2 inches since the combine. lol. He seems like he's standing further forward than, say, Jabari in that pic. I doubt he's 6'6" unless he really did grow over 2 inches.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

With shoes. ;)

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He was about 6'4" with shoes at the combine. :D

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Off topic. Did I just noticed Stone had grown some Morey fat on him? I don't remember him this "big" when he first took over the GM job.

saleem and edwardc like this.
  10. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Notice his feet are conveniently out of frame. What is he hiding?

RELEASE THE REST OF THE PHOTO

#FEETGATE

Jontro, Zen Tabak and Easy like this.
  11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I actually thought he’d been looking thinner lately.

Easy likes this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No he is 6'2"

DD

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was surprised to read on Yahoo that Chet quit in the middle of his workout in Orlando, in order for him to slide to OKC. If this is true, it's highly unprofessional.
    Smith didn't gripe about falling to Houston.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I believe you're right.

Easy likes this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Just click the tweet. It's the whole pic! No #FEETGATE! He's probably 6'3.75" (or more) in that pic. :D

TheJuice likes this.
  16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Fake news. #AuditTheFeet

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I would not be surprised if Ty Ty might be the most important guy in this draft long term I just get a special vibe from him like he might be a Harden type who had questions about his athletic level but was high on intangibles.

I mean we already got people in here calling him fat.:D

Jontro and snowconeman22 like this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Anyone post this? Yes, it's repeating what we know, but I enjoying reading it at CBS Sports. What I liked the most? They copied our list of the draft picks that Stone stole from the Nets for Harden from ClutchFans! Pretty nice, @Clutch.
    An excerpt:

NBA offseason winners and losers: Rockets loving the Brooklyn chaos, Jazz set up for multiple rebuild routes
    The Nets, who are about to get a lot worse, owe Houston a ton of future draft equity
    By Brad Botkin
    11 hrs ago

[​IMG]

One thing not a lot of people are talking about with all the Brooklyn Nets drama is how much the Rockets stand to benefit. Houston owns Brooklyn's 2024 and 2026 first-round picks as well as the right to swap first-round picks with the Nets in 2023, 2025 and 2027. If the Nets get worse, which looks like a certainty once Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving are traded, those picks that Houston owns suddenly become a lot more valuable.

That makes Houston but one of many offseason winners as we're into Day 4 of the free agency period. We'll slowly be factoring in draft results as we flesh out this full list of 2022 offseason winners and losers. This post will continue to update. Here's what we have so far.

Winner: Houston Rockets
    First, Jabari Smith slipped to Houston at No. 3 in the draft. Most mocks had Smith going No. 1 to Orlando, with Paolo Banchero ending up with the Rockets. But Banchero went first, and Smith fills a big need in Houston with potential as an elite defender.

Banchero, an NBA-ready scorer who doesn't project nearly as well as a defender, would've overlapped to a degree with Alperen Sengun, another highly skilled, offensive-minded big. With Jalen Green emerging as a big-time scorer, Houston is already offensively lopsided. Smith, who is also a terrific shooter and athlete, balances that out, and it wouldn't surprise anyone if he ends up the best player in this class.

In addition, the Rockets could stand to be a major beneficiary of the Brooklyn Nets' teardown. Here's a refresher on all the future draft picks Brooklyn sent to Houston in the James Harden trade:

When Houston made this trade, the belief was that Brooklyn was entering what would be an extended stretch of championship contention. Those picks, certainly through at least 2025, were reasonably expected to end up in the late-20s range.

Once Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving are traded, which seems like an inevitability, those picks stand to become a lot more valuable. Brooklyn has no incentive to outright tank precisely because they owe these picks to Houston, but even in a case where they bring back established players in a Durant deal, those players are not going to be Kevin Durant. Even if the picks end up in the mid-to-late teens, or even the low-20s, that's still somewhere in the ballpark of 10 draft slots higher than expected for Houston.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...d-destinations-of-miami-heat-or-phoenix-suns/

joshuaao, i3artow i3aller and Easy like this.
  20. TheBeastSystem

better than any point guard on our roster except for possibly tyty