1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans 2009 NBA Draft Thread (6/25/2009)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 21, 2009.

1. connoisseur

connoisseur Member

You mean the floor in NBDL? :D

2. AB#0

AB#0 Member

3. Egghead

Egghead Member

what..... terrible trades for tmac

http://twitter.com/RicBucher

Yes. Curry and Q for TMac was proposed. Al and Q would've got it done, too. Hou said no. At least for now.

4. AB#0

AB#0 Member

I really like Curry, should have been accepted. I would love some fresh legs. Who's Q?

5. Egghead

Egghead Member

Quienten Richardson I believe, also I think Ric is talking about Eddy Curry not Steph Curry

6. worzel gummidge

How valued is T-Mac's contract really?

T-Mac can't get Amare, or J-Rich, or Carter, or Jefferson.

The Knicks offered Curry and Q-Rich, then Harrington and Q-Rich.

7. AB#0

AB#0 Member

Q-Rich is in Memphis?

8. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

TMac for Al + Q would be cool. A backup C/PF and a scoring wing. I don't know their contract situation though.

9. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Got traded for Darko Milicic

10. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

EW. Hell no to Eddy Curry.

I do want a backup C though. Gortat would be cool.

Just not Eddy Curry.

11. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Just noticed Dionte Christmas didn't get drafted!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

GO GET HIM MOREY!!

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Oh yeah? While I am still very unhappy with Morey's trading away Donte Green + that no. 1 pick for Artest, I am at least satisfied with the fact that they finally have a GM who has an F'ing clue about how to go out and get basketball talent (psychos don't count). If you think he's done such a terrible job in this draft, try to imagine what Carroll Dawson would have done in this draft then you'll feel MUCH better.

Also, take a look at the stupidity that went down up here in Dallas last night for more grins and giggles.

13. HillBoy

Says DD as he tenderly (and tearfully) presses his autographed poster of VSpan to his bosom...

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Hill,

Just looking at the draft...outside of the overall concept, I think the team did OK.

But, for me, I am just pissed that our competition is getting better and nabbing a player that WE NEED for peanuts.....The Spurs and Magic made bold quality moves....

Now, I am not sure there are any wings left, and we need one...badly.

DD

15. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Man, I really want Rubio so much. I think he's a once in a generation talent.

16. HillBoy

DD, EVERYTHING that went down last night screams "TRADE is coming". Morey is not finished yet - he knows that this team is at a crossroads and needs a significant infusion of talent. He had to have seen how SA reloaded. The problem he faces is that he's trapped by decisions made about the core of this team by the owner and previous GM that have proven to be wrong. I'm refering to the concept that Yao Ming + Tracy McGrady can form the backbone of a championship team. Well, that ain't gonna happen anytime soon. While he hasn't been perfect (Artest), at least he hasn't spent 5 years in NBA lottoland with only one player to show for the trouble.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Patience is a virtue. ;) Morey is paid the big bucks to figure out what the team actually needs.

18. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Ummm ... what do you expect? TSlack is complete garbage right now.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Exactly. The lack of patience or foresight by some folks is astounding. Everything screams trade, and unless you want a lottery pick, getting it done by or on draft night is irrelevant. Even if the Bucks or Nets for whatever reason thought Tracy's expiring deal was too large (I personally don't buy this theory), there's no doubt the Rockets could easily flip McGrady to a number of teams for similar expiring deals (for players with much less upside) and then trade those assets to the Bucks or Nets for Jefferson or Carter. There's also little doubt the Rockets have young assets that could easily trump Courtney Lee.

Morey's not stupid -- there's no way on the planet that having Jefferson or Carter instead of McGrady wouldn't make this a better team next season. I also don't see how the Rockets didn't have the assets to acquire either, given what they ultimately traded for. It tells me Morey is working on something he thinks will make this team better than either of those guys, and I'm willing to wait to see before rushing to judgment. The season starts on November 1, not July 1, guys.

2 people like this.
  20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Good post.