1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans 2009 NBA Draft Thread (6/25/2009)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 21, 2009.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Dionte Christmas.

2. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

Curry Curry Curry :D

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

get riddy grady!

4. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

$95 seats in 110.

What row are you in? I was row 16 seats 7-9.

5. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I propose we buy a couple mid to late 20's and trade them with Chuck Hayes, Brent Barry, Brain Cook and Tracy to the Hawks for Josh smith and Zaza Pachulia, Flip Murray and their 19th pick..........

and then trade Flip Murray, Carl Landry, 25th pick(assuming we buy it) and the 19th pick to the Knicks for David Lee, Larry Hughes and 8th pick.........

there after we trade Larry Hughes and the 8th pick to the Thunder for the 3rd pick(rubio :D ),and Nick Collison or earl watson (whoever the thunder want to get rid of)...... :)

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

BRANDON JENNINGS with acquired with the lottery pick we acquire with carl landry.

MARCUS THORNTON with the late first rounder we buy.

what you think?

second unit of:

jennings
    thornton
    artest
    hayes
    dorsey

7. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Morey won't forget to call his good friend Chris Wallace. I think we'll get #27 from Memphis.

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

There still three days left.
    I really hope today is the draft day.

9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

For the past few days now, and probably up until Draft Day, the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is log on to Clutchfans, and look to see if there's a stickied thread at the top of the GARM about a huge move Morey has made. Can't wait for Thursday.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Same here though I dont think a big trade will be made draft night. Perhaps only a late 1st round pick up.

11. redao

redao Member

wrong forum.

12. ExJordanary

ExJordanary Member

this drafts got no real talent, I hope we DON'T get into the draft, even if we do, go for some late 1st rounder and morey will work his magic and find us a gem

13. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I'd become a Morey believer if he can come with DeMar DeRozan at best or B.J. Mullens at worst as draftees to address our SG and backup center needs.
    I'd be satisfied with Tyrese Evans or Austin Daye. But, when I come back to reality, I'd like to see him strengthen the team with height, speed and athleticism.

14. lawe

lawe Member

I hope we have something to talk about then...

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Morey is going to have to move into the top 15 then. Top 15 for Mullens and perhaps Top 10 for DeRozan. Not that he can't but unlikely.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Realistic and potentially useful from the get go. A decent 2nd round choice.

17. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Waiting for Morey to surprise everyone during the draft

18. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Haha that is exactly what I do as well. Can't wait till draft day to see what moves, if any, we make.

19. dlite316

dlite316 Member

Go Morey!!!

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I think the statement's not exactly accurate. The draft has talent, but it's overrated to the point that it may not be worth going after anyone beyond the first couple picks in the first round. Just because most mediocre GM's will look at each draft class independently and say to themselves, "James Harden is the best SG in this draft, he MUST be all-star material!".

But as Morey also said in the Chron article, a lot of teams have multiple picks without the physical capacity to add so many young players to their rosters. If we could get a pick for cheap and take a guy we could stash away we'll most likely do it.

I've read that the Spurs love Nando de Colo. I would LOVE for us to pick him just to screw them over again like we did with Batum last year. That's my prediction right now, actually: we don't get any first round picks but buy into the early second to take him.