1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[clutchcity] The reason we exist

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 31, 2007.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

this is possibly the greatest thread since the MadMax one a year or 2 back that made 20/30/40?? pages.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is relevant. I'm not the only one who feels that the board has some ungrateful users. they don't know the story. some one has to tell it.

I will.

3. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

JuLiO-R-, keeps the site's view count high.

4. onethreeeleven

Why does everything you say sound like its off of a movie poster?

Fair enough though. I guess if Clutch is really upset with the lack of thanks he receives then perhaps a thread like this, in the ClutchFans.net Feedback forum would've been a good idea. Its out of place here and you know it. You want it in here for attention. Its probably important that people here know where this site came from and how much work has gone into making it the best fansite in the NBA (which, by the way, it is by a longshot), but isn't that why Clutch has an 'About' page?

5. tinman

Supporting Member

I know its the best site, I've been here since that year Prince wrote that song about partying like that year.

they can move this thread if they want. yeah, how many people read the ABOUT PAGE? I feel like it REALLY NEEDS TO BE READ. So I dropped this thread.

Do you have the juice?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/juAiVW5PzNI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/juAiVW5PzNI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#45 tinman, Jul 31, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  6. onethreeeleven

It seems like half the people reading this agree with you and half with me, so whatever, maybe its an important enough thread to be here. We'll see what people think tomorrow when there's actually people reading.

And yes, I have lots of juice.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

good. I know they will agree this is an important thread.
    this is the 'Me Against the World' record of this hip-hop jungle of Clutchfans.

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

tinman (or is it 'Pac reincarnated? I can never tell) will not rest until this thread reaches 50 pages.

9. onethreeeleven

It takes one guy writing a one line post in a completely unrelated thread to set off a 50 page thread? This is absolutely terrifying.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Clutchfans is for the brave not the fearful.

[​IMG]

11. onethreeeleven

This may be the funniest post I've ever read...really.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Rockets = Bravehearts
    Mavericks = No Hearts

13. Ashes

Ashes Member

I'd just like to point out that this statement had me laughing for about 5 minutes.

14. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

ABSOLUTELY.

Be it newbies to this site or be it new Rockets fans (whether because of Yao Ming or Tracy McGrady), we don't need such history class on the evolvement of this great site and about this great team.

Clutch rules. Period.

As a matter of fact, tinman, I am both honored but in fact felt embarrassed that due to my 5 hours translation of an article and some controversial use of English, we got 2 Threads/2 polls directly or indirectly discussing about it.... and you created 2 of those !!! :rolleyes:

The Reason We Exist

The word of 'Jealous' in Yao' mouth in Chinese is different from that In English.

Yao Ming Interviews: Who do you believe?

Should Pryuen stop trying to turn this board upside down?

That's CRAZY......Give me a break !! That will make me proud !!! :D

15. tinman

Supporting Member

I told MacGreat he was a coward. if he wanted to voice his opinion vs yours, he should just say it.

I thought the denniscd brought up a good point on the legitamacy of press interviews. some of the stories didn't seem right to me. I did put an option for Clutchfan posters: you just believe them. I believe most of your stuff, especially with pictures. When you say Yao is helping little kids and you post a picture with Yao and some kids, that helps.

I personally think we DO need to know history. History is important in China, the USA, Slovenia, Greece, Argentina, Nigeria. We need to understand why things are what they are. Plus giving props to Clutch and retelling his story was my other intent.

I like Larry Smith. I'll never forget how he stepped up when Hakeem was hurt. Thanks Larry, some of us remember you!

The Wright Brothers made airplanes, Hugh Hefner gave us Playboy and Clutch gave us Clutchfans!

16. Ashes

Ashes Member

I have to say though, I do think these whole "history" lessons are a bit...lame? Overdramatic?

I've been a Rockets fan since I was four years old. I don't need to hear about the history of a website to tell me about being a Rockets fan. I bleed Rockets red, always have. I've followed Clutch Fans news for about three years, and finally I was recently allowed to register on the forum. I'm going to contribute soon. I appreciate what Clutch brought, but we don't need to be constantly reminded of the history of the site and the team.

So let's just go back to talking about the Rockets and drop the pointless crap.

17. Ashes

Ashes Member

Of course knowing the history is important. But drilling it into people's heads over and over throughout many, many posts is very unnecessary.

18. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Every other post of yours has some type of Chinese slander. If I didn't know any better I could've sworn you are a closet racists.

Only the new "Chinese" fans wouldn't know about clutch while "all" the new "American", "Greek", etc automatically know him amirite?? Begone foul racists beast.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

if one new person learns about the story of Larry Smith helping the team win when Hakeem gets hit in the face by Bill Cartright, or if one new person learns that Charles Barkley played for the minimum so the Rockets can sign a free agent, then I'm guilty.

let me be guilty, knowing that i've enriched someone's life with a part of Rocket's history.

When you're down and out
    There seems no hope at all
    But if you just believe
    There's no way we can fall
    Well, well, well, well, let us realize
    That a change will only come
    When we stand together as one

20. tinman

Supporting Member

you're the hater. go play with your ps3 some motorstorm.