1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[clutchcity] The reason we exist

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 31, 2007.

1. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

fixed

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw the freaking Planet of the Apes, I'm not letting them take this site. Rocket fans shall not hate Rockets.

[​IMG]

3. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Tinman,

I fully see your point. I think it is a case of giving honor where honor is due.

Clutch is the heart and soul of the site...heck without him it wouldnt exsist.

But lets give the unnamed poster his due.....he does work hard translating for all of us to read the papers we cant understand....also, if you dont like the unnamed poster, there is an ignore button (generously built by Clutch).

4. tinman

Supporting Member

its not about him. why do you guys think its about him?
    pryuen wouldn't say that this site wouldn't exist without him.

i'll never ignore anyone. I will correct anyone who is wrong and educate them about what is right. I'm here to UNITE ROCKET FANS!

Clutch's website was to UNITE ROCKET FANS.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

OMG...I just laughed the hardest I have laughed in a while. Much respect.

6. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I'm still waiting for clutchfans go "retro". :(

7. matty101

matty101 Member

Ill do my best. AHAH

And ye once again i throw my support behind you because my issue of random posters posting with little idea, passion, or care for the rockets is alopng the same lines of those who dont appreciate "clutchcity" and "clutchfans"

Peace!

Matty

8. WILDBALLER

WILDBALLER Member

I never really post that often, but i have been coming to clutchfans ever since i was 12. Now I am 18 and I donno what else I would do on the internet without clutch... thanks to everyone affliated with the website... I appreciate all of the hard work you put into making this the best fansite in the NBA

9. onethreeeleven

I don't like this post and here's why:

1. This has nothing to do with 'Game Action & Roster Moves'

2. I don't quite understand who or what tinman is upset about. No one at any time has said clutchcity is not good, grand, wholesome, delicious, etc. Nor has anyone denigrated Clutch. The goodwill is nice, but really, just a waste of time given the already inundated state of the forum.

3. The kind of emotions this post is evoking are downright scary:

"this site is for Rocket fans! Rocket fans don't hate on Larry Smith!"

"people in china don't know CLUTCH!! Hell they think its what you step on when you want to change gears. You think they know?!"

"To the new fans, its not OK to insult Larry Smith, its not OK to disrespect Ralph Sampson, its not OK to say that One player is above the team, its not OK to say that one member is the best."

Okay so I get that most of these statements are overtly meant to be humorous, but this kind of separatist thinking between "new fans" and "old fans" and what is okay to think and what is not okay to think seems waaay too 1984 groupthinky to me. This is a forum. As long as you can express yourself with some sort of legible English, and show a modicum of general human decency towards others, your opinion is as valid as anyone else's.

Seeing as we're all here and participating in this forum, we all obviously appreciate and value Clutch's work towards this site. Please please please, tinman, don't turn this forum into FOX news, berating those that are seemingly 'unpatriotic' and so forth.

Besides, is you really don't like what someone has to say (I've gathered that you have some sort of dislike for some guy that said something nice about pryuen), you always, always have the option of just not reading what they have to say, and not responding.

In all seriousness man, if you hadn't bothered to reply to this guy who wrote what he wrote about pryuen, nobody would even notice. Was this really worth a post and rant?

10. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Tinman I gotta agree with 1311. Your getting way over the top. Someone makes a gracious comment, that could very well just be some exaggerated thanks ie: "Thanks man you saved my ass, without you Id be dead." For someone who covered a shift at work. And you get all militaristic on them.

Now this post, because of what exactly? Sorry bub, But I didn't much like Larry Smith as a Rox either. He was a one trick pony, who played his role well enough. But how far are you to take this? REAL ROX FANS dont hate Derrick Cheivous. Real Rox fans Dont hate Roderick Rhodes.

Come one dude, give it a rest.

11. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Get lost, n00b!!!! If you're not with us, you're with the terrorists!!!!
    j/k, man.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Nothing is wrong with praising Clutch and pointing that many fans don't even know the story behind this board and this team.

Tupac didn't stop writing.
    I won't either.

13. onethreeeleven

Last time I checked, this forum was not here to educate newcomers on the story behind this board and the Rockets. If you want to do that, fine, but this is not the right place to do it.

Sidenote, many fans do not know enough about what I ate for breakfast every day of last year. Expect my full, in-depth report tomorrow. Tupac didn't stop eating. I won't - okay so that doesn't work as well...

cheers tinman, no hard feelings.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Well...Technically, he stopped writing.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

christians never stop talking about Jesus and the days of the bible.

I won't stop talking about the Rockets and the days of glory.

Tupac forever!

16. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Significant posters for the benefit of other posters on the BBS:

R2K, what can we do without this guy?
    Tinman, educates members about old rokcets
    pryuen, spends half his life translating interviews about Yao, spends other half of his life fending off haters.
    Clutch- making this site free.

17. onethreeeleven

We're veering away from relatability again...

18. tinman

Supporting Member

rookie,
    you need to respect the old school and know what Clutch did is for all of us. this is the 'REASON WE EXIST" thread.

its relative to everything.

19. onethreeeleven

Look man, I really have no beef with you, and nothing but respect for Clutch. I just don't think its fair of you to be calling people out for "not showing respect" because of something some guy in some other thread said, which no one else really seems to think is that big of a deal. I don't need to constantly affirm my love for this site to know that I love this site, in the same way that I don't constantly go around bragging about my velvet pants (which are really quite striking) to show my appreciation for them.

I love Clutchfans (is it weird to love Clutch?), but I don't need to tattoo it across my face to prove it.

And oh yeah, as far as 'old school' / 'new school' is concerned, I've been on this site for like 5 years, my old account got switched off for some reason, and I only re-registered recently.

20. onethreeeleven

And I really hope someone got this AD reference.