1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.Net Summer Pro League Report : Game 3 - Rockets 92, Warriors 79

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Quakes

Quakes Member

Great report DoD!!! Much thanks and props for the info!

:)

2. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Thanks DoD.

At this point would you, as the team's GM, send BAD to Europe?

3. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

i'm not DOD, and I haven't see the guy play, but just from reading about him....i think he'd gain more by staying here than going overseas...but that's just my two cents

4. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

nachbar had 4 points by the way.

5. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

6. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

WE are an issuing an APB for Boki's shot, because it has disappeared for the summer. At least he's hustling, but everyday he's looking like more and more of a bust.
    I pulled that off NBAdraft.net about Boki. Wow, I think they got that one wrong for sure.

7. DearRock

Couple of notes regarding BAD, after 3 games:

- Seems like he is playing better than our 3rd string center last year. (Collier)
    - For a raw offensive player he has some interesting offensive stats: 48% fg% on 13/27; 91 % FT% on 10/11; 12 pts/game and 6 reb/game in 25 mins for a 12reb /g based on 48 mins.

I am with you Nash, this guy should stay.

8. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

DoD was at the game and SAW it. He said in the article that Boki was hustling his ass off. You didn't ask for other people's opinions, you just asked someone who was there to tell you if he played hard. DoD (who was at the game) said in the article that he had. If you had read it you would have known that...

9. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Thanks DoD for the recap and pics. Awesome job.

If you complaining about Boki now consider yourself DUMB and MORONIC. People like you need not discuss basketball with "normal human beings" anymore. What is with you people?

After 70+ "solid" minutes :rolleyes: last season and three summer league games - he is considered a burst?

Golden State Warriors coach, Musselman, put it best - Summer league is good but it means NOTHING!!!

Patience is virtue.

10. DearRock

Although it could be due to the Warriors being tired from the night before, I like the rockets fg% of 48% and times to the line (37). Could it be suggesting that there is indeed more movement of ball and players or more fast breaking?

11. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

We are proud to announce the nuptuals of two people who shared so much in common yet come from different parts of the world, but how ironic they take identical career paths and meet as one departs the position of White Boy Non-shooting Shooter to make room for the other.

Here to speak to you is the bride of the newly wed couple Boki Langhi.

12. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

After looking at the box scores I don't understand how they are deciding who plays and how many minutes.

DeMarco Johnson played almost 40 minutes and had 8 turnovers to go with his 7 points and 8 rebounds. :( :confused:

And I think the staff should have a pretty good idea what Hawkins can do, so why the 37 minutes for him.

Kyle Hill gets 3 minutes? Don't we have the rights to this guy?

I wish I could watch these games, maybe it would make more sense.

13. vegaspauli

vegaspauli Member

Thanks (again) for the recap & photos: It was like I was there without the nasty carjackings. Clutch City Rules! Thanks DoD.:D

14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely, though keep in mind, our previous FG%s were below 40 (wasn't one of them like 25%?).

A big positive I saw in this box score was 0 turnovers for Badiane- that's always a good thing.

It looks like Badiane will eventually be able to fill some minutes at the 4/5 slots. No matter how you slice it, that's rock solid when you get any sort of production out of a mid 2nd rounder.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Depends on what else we do this off-season, and what other acquisitions we make. I can see why Badiane would need more training and experience. He does have rough edges and there's only so far heart takes you. Right now I'd be 50-50.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He stopped looking for his shot for the longest time. Even when he was open, he passed off. Then finally I think in the 4th quarter (or 3rd?) he shot again and bricked badly. He was pulled out of the game shortly after. I'm not sure if that was a "scheduled" pull or a "let's get him out of there, it ain't workin'" pull.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I can't speak for the coaches, but I'm wondering if they're using this as a kick-start for the regular season for people like Juaquin. Hopefully they'll go back and tell their boys "man, they worked our asses to the bone... get ready".

I swear I wasn't sure Kyle Hill was even on the bench the first 2 games. I'm still not sure he was there. Maybe they know we have all the backups G's we need on the team.

Demarco plays because he's a big body, and one of the few big bodies we have on the roster other than Shawnelle Scott. Big E (the guy sitting with me at the game) also said he's a van Gundy favorite. I don't know. I wouldn't worry so much about the turnovers unless you're looking at PG turnovers. The rest of that stuff is just caused by sloppy play. Demarco has actually been playing pretty well.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

There definitely was a lot more breaking, movement, and cutting to the basket this game. The 2nd quarter I mentioned was awesome to watch if you were bored with the Rockets' offense last year. Whether that will transition to the regular season - I hope so.

The times to the line is misleading. I swear these summer leagues have some whistle-happy refs. But I can't really blame it all on them. The play gets sloppy and aggressive when people try to showcase their skills, so they have to call some of the obvious fouls I suppose.

19. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

According to the box score, Jason collier played for Golden State. Was that correct?

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes. And his play was at times comical as ever. Falling down on the floor, losing his shoe in the process, hobbling down to the other end of the court with the shoe falling off. Poor guy... some things never change.

Also Jim Boylen was sitting on their bench as he's now their assistant coach.