1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.Net Summer Pro League Report : Game 3 - Rockets 92, Warriors 79

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Jul 16, 2003.

1. smackpeddler

smackpeddler Member

Sorry, I was 1 pick off....

2. JamesC

JamesC Member

2 picks off. lol

3. smackpeddler

smackpeddler Member

:( sorry..... i will be quiet now

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

man, now someone's gonna invoke that now infamous clause in the GARM forum description and start a thread asking if we should get tracy murray. real good going DoD.

5. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I've read all of Dunks recaps since last summer and they keep getting better everytime. Badiane: "The Bad Man Cometh" - love that.

Thanks man.

6. smackpeddler

smackpeddler Member

If you squeeze your eyes while watching Boki, you will think you are watching Langhi...... without a jumper

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Thanks for the recap DOD.

It looks like Yao better start looking for a new best friend on the team because Boki doesn't sound like he belongs in the NBA, or even in the summer league. Maybe the Rockets should send Boki to Europe to work on his game next year instead of ridding the pine for us another season. Damn shame.

We might have drafted a bust in Nachbar but it evens out if Badaine becomes a 2nd round steal like it looks he could be. Here's to Badaine the "Bad Ass" ahh... I mean the "Bad Man"

8. outlaw

outlaw Member

uh i thought you were gonna be quiet now?

we have to give Boki a chance if only for the fact that he is essentially who we traded Hakeem for.

9. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Read the damn article.

Geez, some people are so damn lazy.... :rolleyes:

10. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

From the descriptions the Bad man sounds a bit like a young Bo Outlaw. DoD, am I getting this right?

11. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Reading the article, and getting *other* peoples opinions (that SAW) the game are two different things. That's what BBS's are about. Sharing views and opinions. Not just news.

Now move along...

:rolleyes:

#31 DavidS, Jul 16, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2003
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No no... I think you need to be ripped. ;)

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's not a bad comparison. I don't think he's quite as active down low yet as Outlaw. By "active" I mean, for example, Badiane still gets caught out of position for rebounds. He's not a Rodman-type that knows how to box you out even though you outweigh him by 30 lbs. Badiane doesn't frustrate opponents like a Najera or a Rodman (yet). I don't expect Badiane to have as much luck against starting big men in the "real NBA" because they will be so much bigger than the guys he's going against here. He doesn't quit, though, and that's what you have to love about the guy. Guys like Juaquin Hawkins, James Posey, and Badiane will make you happy to be Rockets fans just because of the way they hustle.

Remember Scott Brooks? The guy wasn't that great a guard, but everybody loved him because he worked his butt off when he was out there. Badiane is like that. Now whether or not his skills will allow him to be more than just another guy that hustles is up to him...

When thinking Badiane, I wouldn't even consider him a steal yet. He's not at that point. He's at the point where you look, you see what he does, then lean back and say "hmm... I think we may have something here".

14. xlr817

xlr817 Member

I'm glad 2 hear that this....BAD MAN is doin' well & I hope he continues his ....BAD deeds on the opposition;) :) ! I remember bein' excited that the ROXS picked this guy & @ #44!!!???! I thought this BAD dude..err MAN would go in the late 1st Rd.. 2 early 2nd Rd! I read that possibly the Knicks or Mavs would take..this BAD MAN!!! 2 BAD:) :D !

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Just added links to a few pics from today in the original post of this thread. Some from the game. Some from other games. N'joy.

16. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

Boki is the next Dan Langhi:

1) full of promise but never shows up for the game
    2( shoots lights out in practice but can't bring it to the game
    3) rockets were excited about him but only to their disappointment

17. harumph

harumph Member

thanks for the recap & photos.

while you can't see the logo clearly, i think the cap looks pretty good. the white on red is nice. hope they make a (blood) red logo on black cap!

18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I actually have the hat. It was given to me by the rockets organization. The Hat does look nice but the fact that it has that gay size strap on the back is what bothers me. Other than that the hat is sweet. Here is a picture of the hat. Not a fan of Red but im sure when the rest of the hats come out they will look sweet, like on a black cap etc. I'm actually selling this hat cause im going to wait till the new stuff comes out. But it was pretty cool when they dropped it off to me and i was like what the hell is this lol. I read the article about the new logo in the morning and they dropped it off to my work later on in the day

.[​IMG]

#38 Stack24, Jul 16, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2003
  19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Forget the shot (apparently Boki has), does he have NBA skills?

20. CRC

CRC Member

Perhaps Boki is having some difficulties adjusting to the pressure of being the focal point of the team in the summer league... can't blame him for that after riding the pine all last season. He need time to get his confidence back... hopefully that will come...