1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 11/9/2002

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2002.

1. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

I wonder if Rudy is trying to have Yao "earn" his minutes.

Like if he has some deal with him that if he get's his 2nd foul
    that he's on the bench (like he did with Cato).

Of course, all the while working with the coaches to help him
    learn how to post and play the lanes the proper way.

2. DavidS

I was about to go ape-sh*t on his as*!

:mad:

3. jlaw

jlaw Member

Hey, guys take your **** somewhere.!:mad:

4. cujo

cujo Member

5. moomoo

moomoo Member

this sucks...i had my vcr timer set to record the game since i knew I wouldn't be home all day, but apparently we had yet another freekin power outage so i get home around 10:30 and find that it hasn't recorded sh*t! :mad:

i bet it was that damn westpark tollway construction crew again. my power's been getting cut fairly regularly lately and i bet it has everything to do with them. so instead of enjoying the game, watching the Rockets win, i'm left to ask you guys:

So how was the game? :(

6. DavidS

Over-all it was a balanced game. There were some ISOs :mad:, KT gave
    them some inside scoring, Griff blocked some shots and hit a lot of
    shots.

The one thing that surprised me was Mobley's defense!
    He was getting up on the shots (3-point shooters). In the past he
    would just watch them shoot.

Yes, Mobley! :eek: Call the presses! :D

P.S. Mobley even passed the ball inside to Griff a few times!

7. moomoo

moomoo Member

i'm looking at the box scores on sports.yahoo.com, and griff took more 3's than anyone else on the team! :eek: even thought he hit 50% from there, he's got to be weaned off of the 3-ball.

8. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

All right David, you asked for it, I am going to call you a...

Big Clown Boy!:mad:

I'm glad everyone came in to break that one up because it was about to get ugly...;)

Anyway, I guess I am just selfish cause I want to see the giant in action. I have been waiting all summer to see him unleash it in a rockets uniform. I am going to put on my naughty little sailfish boxers after his first twenty point game. I already have them pressed and folded.

Rudy knows what he is doing and I am sure Yao will come around, I am just not that patient.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We need him to hit them right now because teams are zoning us and give us that shot. We have the players to make anyone pay for what ever they give us. Right now they are give us the three, so everyone should be will to take and make them.

10. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

You have to take the open shot. If you don't or if you can't make it, you shouldn't be in the NBA.

11. DavidS

I don't mind clown boy! <:0)

As long as we don't "LeGroup" hug. I need more BEER for that!

(pun!)

12. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Just got back. Man, what a blast. Nosebleed seats aren't anywhere near as bad as some people claim!

On to the game: Pretty much a microcosm of the two themes plaguing this season. This iso crap is ridiculous. Cat really needs to pass the ball. One play he's double-teamed on a fast break and has Griff(I think) right there with him but takes it in himself. Granted, he made the bucket and the foul, but please spread the rock a little!!!

And another thing, what was the point of drafting Ming if they're not going to run any plays for him? How many touches did he have tonight, three? I wish that he'd try to establish some post position more often.

Poor Griff got dunked on. Oh well, he had some nice blocks.

Anybody else notice that only like four Warriors scored? Looks like they're gonna have a fun season. ;)

13. ken

ken Rookie

I JUST GOT IN FROM THE GAME,AN i LIKED WHAT I SAW TONIGHT. :D

14. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

With all the guys finally making it back, I'm glad that they limited Yao's minutes. Fact is, the guy probably needs some time just to soak in what is going on. Putting pressure on him to save the franchise was and is a mistake. He's a kid who had 11 days to get acclimated to the NBA before the season started, nevermind the new culture, language, etc.

As much skill as the kid posses, I think it will be better for HIM to just pick up 10 minutes here or 15 minutes there for a while. Take some of the weight off of those huge shoulders and let him into the flow of the game.

Once he gets his USA legs under him, relaxes and gets into the flow of things, he'll be much better off.

15. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I'm geeked about the statue of Dream!!! That rules so much!!!!

Last year, when Hakeem left, <a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12200">I surmised that if he'd stayed we would've built a statue of him in front of the new arena</a>. Despite his leaving, his homecoming was fabulous, and I'm so thankful for all of his contributions. I can't wait to see the statue!!!

I went to the game with a friend who is a Maverick fan. He was blown away by the entire ceremony, and the highlights he'd never seen. I was really hoping that Dream would say, after talking about having time to fill, that he is going to return as a big-man's coach or something like that. And how about Rudy's speech!!! THAT WAS PHENOMENAL!!! I'm rewinding the tape to watch again tonight!!!

16. Sane

Sane Member

I love the Dram statue thing. I suggested it once, and I think he really really deserves it.

Is he going to be half-way into a dreamshake in the statue?

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Maybe Francis can get one next to him one day. I guess he will have to win some rings first though. Hey it is possible.:D

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Just drove back to Dallas from the game. That was a freakin' blast... I'm not afraid to admit it : I freakin' shed a couple of tears during the ceremony and the highlights they played... but they were manly tears. :mad: The toughest part for me was watching them wheel Guy V. out. Man, I loved that guy as a kid with his checkerboard towel. The classiest act was when Hakeem pushed Guy V. in his wheelchair back to the sidelines. That was so cool. Awesome way to end a career, and I can say "I was there".

The only thing I regret is I didn't get seats on the opposite side of the arena. I sat on the side with the benches so I was facing everybody's backside during the ceremonies. :(

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"and I can say...I was there too..."

rockHEAD, Behad and J.

great ceremony. Much better than Drexler's 40 min snoozer.

I still want a DoD game take on the Rockets, though....don't leave us in the lurch....and you have pictures..tooo...right?

20. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: