1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 11/9/2002

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

This is a game in which the Rockets have to come out with some emotion. Just seeing Hakeem getting his jersey retired should get them all jacked up (hopefully that won't mean that they will be jacking shots all over the place!).

I hate to say it this early, but these are the type of games that we cannot afford to lose if we fancy ourselves as a playoff team.

BTW - I don't have League Pass this year and I am gone at night half the week, has Hawkins looked that good to warrant to start at the 3 spot??

I figured that Kenny would be starting there, but I'm getting the impression it is going to be Hawkins.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I have a bad feeling we are gonna get ran by the Warriors simply b/c they can dominate the backboards on us. I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully even with the offensive boards, GS still won't be able to hit a shot from outside.

3. Bay Rock

Bay Rock Member

This game will kick start KT's season. Last year he killed the Warriors. In 4 games he averaged 21 pts and 9.5 rebounds against the Warriors. Look for KT to have a break out game.

4. because24

because24 Member

Most likely E.G. will be guarding Troy Murphy, since he will be starting as there P.F. and not their S.F..

5. UT Baller

UT Baller Member

Somebody please answer................I am coming in to town to see the game on saturday. I am starting the day off at the UT/Baylor game down here in Austin and wanted to know what the deal is on the ceremony. What time is it, I'm guessing before the game so how early do I need to be (if the game starts at 7:30)?
    Houston-97 (Francis 22,10,10)
    GS-82

6. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Excellent. (wrings hands.)

7. Kalvinz

Kalvinz Member

give Yao some time everyone. BUT i agree that Yao need to be more agressive and mean just duck on whoever under him. Yao should watch some of Shaq post up. Yao is pretty quick 4 his size, Have u see a 7 foot plus center stop a guard like Yao tried to in Toronto games and Gary Payton, I saw GP had to alter his shot a few times. ?

AT HALFTIME rockets lead by 1 then 3rd quarter came even with Kelvin Cato as center along with steve and mobley in the game, Seattle went on a scoring spree to take the lead by more then 10 points that was b4 Yao got in the game 4th quarter. The whole team lost the seattle game.

I am tired of the Rockets guards going 1 on 1 cross over bettween the legs and clear out everyone to one side. When the shot goes up everyone run in and try to rebound. too very often..
    I know Steve and Cat just trying to score and help the team to win. But to many of that and it looks good when the shot are going in but what happen when the shot doesn't go in.? It looks ugly. Steve and Cat can't score 30 and 20 each the entire season.

My game note: We spread the court with Yao post up closeer to the basket. Throw it into Yao and If Yao get double team he can pass it bck out to an open teammate. It even give steve and cat more space to go 1 on 1 too. Especially with Glen Rice back he can spot up. Thats how the Sonics beat the Rockets on Tuesday cause they spread the court and let panyton dish out with 18 assists.

Yao can't be 0-2 he need more toouches to be in the game. We know and saw that Yao can score posting up, So why don't we use him more.

More touches and more passing the ball around. Makes the game looks fun and keeps the defense on thier heal..

What u guys think?:p

8. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

I just realized that the Warriors handed the Spurs their first defeat this season. :eek: Guess anything can happen.

9. Sane

Sane Member

This is ONE game that I'd be interesetd in KT starting. I like a KT vs. Jamison matchup. KT is quick enough and strong enough to defend Jamison. Plus, Jamison has little or no height on him.

Another advantage to this would be Griffin vs. Troy Murphy. Griffin is much much quicker than Troy Murphy, so he can put moves on him while blocking him all night. At C, Ming will have a tough time against Dampier and Foyle. Those guys are tough, hard-nosed players.

This is one of few games that I think Mobley will lose vs. his man. I fear Richardson is going to destroy him for some reason.

I also expect another magnificent performance from Francis, but they key to this game is whether or not Francis can play decent D on his man.

10. blackwidow89

blackwidow89 Member

what the hell..... are you on drugs, kt should not start, coz jamison has almost 3 inches on him, and troy murphy mite be held down by EG, but the warriors C's will be the diff.
    ON a night we retire teh greatest center. we get whopped by wussy ass centers like dampier, and Foyle..

Y? Y?

Tomms. headlines.....
    HAkeem's night spoiled by block parade of WARRIORS.
    ( i dont like it but tis the truth )

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm not going to say the rockets are going to win or lose, but to say the Warriors have no talent or little compared to the Rockets is a joke. That has been the problem with GS is that they have talent, but just like the rockets it seems to be lumped together in a position or 2 and very thin at the others. We know that Francis has the advantage over Arenas even though Arenas is avg 17pts 6asst and 7rebs, but after that, Jamison has the advantage over anyone we have guarding him. After that, its pretty much a wash. Its going to come down to the rockets playing team ball and executing. Hopefully with Hakeem's retirement, they can put the rout on early, but if this game is close, i really don't think either team has the ability to put the other away.

12. Sane

Sane Member

If Jamison had 3 inches on KT, then he would be one of the premier PF's in the league. it's the fact that he's VERY generously listed at 6'8 that has him in the SF position.

Also, Troy Murphy can't hold down Griff, as long as Griff stays active.

Like I said, the key to this game is whether or not Francis will abuse Arenas.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not trying to throw ice on you. I seem to have an impression that the home team usually play poorly in games that have some sort of sentimental ceremony. It's just an impression. I could be wrong. I hope I am wrong.

14. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

All in 1 minute. Impressive uh?

15. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Please dont show up

16. riggs

riggs Member

When is enough finally enough? How many empty seats does Les have to see? Rudy could not get the job done with Clyde, Akeem and Charles. He will certainly never get it done with the mismatched mediocre talent he has put together. How many years do we have to go with a bad team? Who makes the decision on talent? Look at how we were lit up by Rashard lewis . By the way where were Bryce Drew, Michael Dickerson and MIrsad Turkan last night while we were having our collective clocks cleaned by Rashard? Remember those three clowns we had to have instead off a real player.
    I

17. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

I just hope they pass the ball. That's it. Is that too much to ask for? The whole team. Not just the guards. Less dribbling and less stupid shots would be lovely.

Long Live the Dream. I hope he decides he wants to be an assistant for the Rockets some day (sooner than later). In his prime, as good as anyone could ever ask for.

Derek

18. aries323

aries323 Member

Rockets 102
    Warriors 93

Francis lights out... again. Mobley puts up 20, Eddie 15 and 10, Yao gets PT and puts up best numbers so far with 10p,8r,5a. :cool:

19. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Just a short reply to Riggs. Dickerson isn't that bad a player. Maybe not as good as Rashard Lewis, but, the Rocks don't have 65 mil to throw Rashard's way so that's the way it goes. It would be very nice if we had him though. I was all for unloading a few heavy contracts to get him if it were feasable. I just don't think Dickerson should be put in that group.

20. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

We traded Dickerson for some other guard, Steve something or other. Bryce Drew went to the Bulls, we haven't gotten our picks for that yet, could turn out pretty good. Mirsad Turkan netted us another draft pick which in turn was traded for Eddie Griffin, I think (might have been the one we used to get TMo). I would say Francis and Griffin are better than Lewis, so I am not to disappointed by that draft.