1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 3/21/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 21, 2003.

1. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

That is the main reason why we lost the last two games. Look at tonight. When Yao was on the court the whole first quarter, we were up by 7; but now, Yao was of for the second quarter to this minute, we were down by two points. The plus minus is +9 for Yao for half the game. If you project that, it is 18 points difference in a game. We could win the last two games with that if Yao can sustain for the whole game.

:D :D :D

2. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

one thing I noticed about Yao is its very important for him to be out on the court for more than 5 minutes for him to get in a groove.

oh yeah, Larry Smith is the dumbest sonofabitch ive ever seen in my life.

F-you Larry!

3. Texas Stoke

how do you say Larry Smith in french?

4. story_teller

story_teller Member

What the hell is Mean doing???? He takes Francis out now and brings Mobley back; still no Yao either!! What the hell is this? I thought he was going to keep things simple/the same while Rudy was out!

Not the healthy lead we had is no longer a healthy lead!!! Mobley comes in and plays selfish ball!

5. MadMonk

MadMonk Member

Is this a-hole assistant coach trying to make a statement by benching Yao? Well, all he is doing is pissing off a lot of Rocket fans and giving the Warriors a chance to stay in the game! God, I want to give this jerk a swift kick in the ass! FRIGGIN' JACK ASS!

6. Texas Stoke

No seriously. Is Larry Smith r****ded?

hey Rudy! ever heard of a conference call?

7. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

Oh boy, we are about to lose the lead. What Larry is doing out there? Is he biased against Yao or what? Come on, let give a remote control to Rudy. Such coaching really aggrevates Rudy's sickness.

:(

8. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Has Yao even played in the second quarter?

9. AGBee

AGBee Member

Larry hates Yao, and he hates you too.

10. coolpet

coolpet Member

gosh, Yao did not play the entire 2nd quarter? are they try to give Warriors a chance to come back?! Yao has 8 points 5 rebounds and 2 block then he is benched for the whole quarter! man, the coach sucks!

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Mean is a r****d. Cant belive this loser is going to cost Rockets a playoff berth.

:mad:

12. story_teller

story_teller Member

Thanks for the buzzer-beater, Mobley, but we should be ahead by way more than five.

13. moomoo

moomoo Member

Is it just me, or in the past 3 games with Mean coaching have I seen Glen and Posey on the floor at the same time a lot lately? What happened to Terence Morris?

14. jh811

jh811 Member

larry should be fired

15. Gsal

Gsal Member

I got an idea...lets all send the rockets question of the game :

Why does Larry Smith bench Yao for the entire 2nd quarter after he had a pretty good first?

16. Texas Stoke

no he has not. With Larry as the coach, its clear are playoff chances are NOT riding on Yao and what he can give us in 24 minutes of playing time.

so Cato, Mobley, Francis, and Moochie, take it to the bridge!!!

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There are two possibilities for why Yao didn't play:

1. Injury - nobody's said anything yet
    2. Saving him for tommorow's game - what the hell. We can't start thinking about future games... we've got to win all of them while we can.

Mean's coaching reminds me of Jimy Williams managing.

18. feishen

feishen Member

I dont understand it. Sit Ming on the bench for the entire 2nd quarter. He was hot in the first. Now he's probably gone cold. I've never seen such coaching style. Punish the star player when he's doing good on both ends. And Cato please THROW IT DOWN.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

by the way... I don't think Rudy is having much contact w/ the team. The whole idea for him to stay home is to rest. If he was able to conference call / tell mean what game plan to run, then he might as well be out on the bench.

20. MadMonk

MadMonk Member

The Rockets front office needs to get some mail about this atrocious excuse for coaching!! What must Rudy be thinking at this point?!?! Is this a ploy by A-Hole Mean to aggravate Rudy's condition so that he can stay head coach longer? Enquiring minds want to KNOW!