1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/21/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2003.

1. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

too much one on one.

2. KarlW

KarlW Member

why we always got so many TOs:mad:

3. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

Rockets sux

4. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

Ugly play.

5. david_chen

david_chen Member

Rocket needs a good point guard.

half time, 1 assist, that's pathetic.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Worst coached game so far this season.

The announcers on NBA TV just said the Rockets one on one game is getting slaughtered by the Mavericks team game.

I could not agree more.

Raven

7. Just B

Just B Member

The problem here is lack of ball rotation. 1 ASSIST?!?!? The whole team has 1 assist and that's Steve Francis'. The rest of the team needs to get on track. Steve's carrying this game!:(

But maybe they can come back. that's what the Rox are known for after all! And don't say they suck!!! This is the first place team they're playing you know. Give them a break!

8. corbe

corbe Contributing Member

My Girlfriend thinks the Rox can score 21 points on the Mavs, so if I want some I need to believe it too;)

9. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

lol funny..............BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

AND WE ARE PLAYING JUAQUIN HAWKINS, BOSTJAN NACHBAR, AND TERENCE MORRIS ALL AT THE SAME TIME ALONG WITH MOOCHIE.

I'm guessing Cato's not here.

We made a nice comeback...couldn't keep it up.

:)

10. walterw

walterw Member

Undisplained offensive pplay. Too many Js and can't come back
    for defense. Why don't we throw the ball to MoT or Yao
    all the time. That will slow the game a bit. We can not do shoot
    out with the Mavs.

11. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

Rockets are playingno team ball what so ever and jacking ill advised shot after ill advised shot which lead to long rebounds by other team to easy fast break points.:mad:

12. MadMonk

MadMonk Member

I am glad that I don't have this game on TV. Sounds very ugly.
    I guess this is a sign of a young team with the big let-down after the Lakers game. Oh well....

13. corbe

corbe Contributing Member

Man, I wish I wasn't watchin this slaughter.:mad:

14. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Rudy still baffles me.

Francis has a great first quarter, and he does the right thing by keeping him in, but it's very clear after the first 3 minutes of the 2nd quarter that he's become overconfident and is simply forcing the issue.

A good coach takes him out instantly. The only reasoning behind the move probably stems from a feeling of guilt for having sat him the entire fourth quarter yesterday, which I actually thought was a good move by the way.

But no, he stays in, which breeds a culture of selfishness and boom, you're down by 20.

He's been killing me all year with his substitutions.

As for the game itself, I expected a loss. It was nice to see Nachbar get some run, but as I said, the only way he was going to touch the ball was if he got a rebound or loose ball. The stark contrast between how the Mavs tried to work in Rigadeau and how Nachbar was used is a microcosm of what has always been the bane of this team.

Oh well, they can still pick up a game in the win column ( to 9 games over .500) if they take their next three, which they should, with Detroit, Chicago and Memphis coming up.

15. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

i understand working Yao into the offense slowly, but this has gotten ridiculous. Yao is always a mismatch against anyone. Rudy needs to figure out how to get him the ball consistently. I'd bet every other coach in the league would have figured out a way by now. RT overly concerned with how his players perceive him. He wants to be known as a player's coach so he won't get them in line for the good of the team. Nice job, RT.

**2 assists at Halftime*** Nice!!!

16. qiumi

qiumi Member

I am sad about my guessing :(

17. walterw

walterw Member

Simply put, a bad coaching game. At one point, we have Tmo,
    Boki and three guards on the court, simply gave up any low-post presence and interior defense, and forcing us to play one-on-one
    which led to too many TOs. Hehe, I think I can be a better coach
    than Rudy right now. He might get drunk or something. It was just too weired.

18. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

DUMB + SELFISH = WE ARE A JOKE

High shcool teams are better coached!!:mad:

This is agonizing - and I blame Rudy for not demanding team play and at least trying on defense. Why is Yao on the bench/ Why doesn't he get the ball in the low block?

This is maddening!!

D R

19. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

This is the most awful game I have witnessed in a long time. The Rockets are pathetic. Steve and Cat might as well be on the floor by themselves, because they obviously dont see anyone else. Yao doesn't even touch the ball most of the time. He had RajaBell on him and they wouldnt even throw him the ball.

The Mavs have 17 assists on 21 field goals. They play team ball. Sure wish we did.

20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The same mistakes over and over and over again!!! The Mobes and Franchise show WONT win Games or a Championship. A Team with two greedy players wont work, especially with such a week Head Coach.If I was Les I would tell the Coaching Staff, yes everyone of them, " 50 games or all of you are out".