1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/21/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2003.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

We're going to get beat down so bad by the Mavs....somebody better fire up a "trade Steve fo Nash" thread right now...

Mavs 357
    Rockets 72

2. moomoo

moomoo Member

just like they did in the second half of the "donkey game," the mavs will use their zone to collapse down on the middle and Yao will not get any touches.

however, if we play like we did against boston, who tried basically the same thing against us, and the open man can hit some outside shots, then we win.

3. jxu777

jxu777 Contributing Member

Once again, Rudy will win this one for the Mavs against the Rockets.

Rockets 99
    Mavs 102

No, no. That is not what I want. I want

Rockets 102
    Mavs 99

I beg you, Rudy. Just calm down and let people play.

4. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Mavs: 108
    Roxs: 92

Dirk will torch whoever guards him, dropping 3s like crazy; Nash will be as usual, running like a bunny all over the court, leave Francise behind gasp for air. On the other end, Francis will try to go right back at Nash, screw up the team offense, and leave Rudy to wonder about last night's "LESSON".

It'll be a blow out game. The game will not be as close as the score indicates.

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

daoshi:- How can you possibly be a Rockets fan?

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Cool matchup, its the best record in the league vs. the 2003 NBA Champions.

Steve Nash gets hurt when Nick the Quick collides knees, Nash out for 2 months, Van Exel for the game.

7. wiredog

wiredog Member

You're mistaken. I just got back from Dallas this weekend and saw the Seattle game. Granted, the Mavs are on the road and Seattle is a deceptively a good team, the Mavs definitely looked beatable. I realize the Rockets are playing back to back road game after a crushing loss, but thirty five points?

8. Sane

Sane Member

Don't be silly. Make it a Steve and Griff for Nash and Nowitzki thread. That way, we can debate about whther we'll consider it.

9. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE????

lol

ok most of yall sense a lost column on this game but im feeling a WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't take it easy on the Rockets because we are going to win this game!!!!!!

Rockets 93
    Dallas 86

10. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

fellas, dallas is in a funk right now. After getting blown out by Sacramento, their shooting has been down, and their defense has again been questioned. Losing streaks tend to get u down, especially if u are a young team like Dallas. They will wanna win so bad, they will get anxious....and desperate, and lose focus.

They are in a 3 game losing streak and they know we just beat the Lakers. I think the mental part is huge. The Rock can take em today. Besides, Steve always goes nuts against the Mavs, and he will up and ready after the disaster yesterday. I say the Rocks win this game :cool:

11. fasthand2000

fasthand2000 Contributing Member

I think Rockets will win this close game, unless RT make another brilliant move in the 4th quater :confused:

Rockets 102
    Dallas 99

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not sure if it is posted yet, but the Rocks vs Mavs game is on FosSW tonight.

Hopefully here in Austin too....conflicting schedules make it hard to tell.

Channel 430 is the same as 54 and one shows the game, the other shows the BDPSP.

Hopefully the game is on.

DD

13. RocketfanfromLA

Rockets win, 120:80, believe it or not.:D :D :D :D :D

14. iOrange

iOrange Contributing Member

Lafrenz is never a good one-on-one defender. He and Bradley will be killed by YaoMing early in the game. Don has to put Najera to front Yao. Well... I hope Rudy will have some new setups to deal with the fronting D. If he doesn't, Yao has to teach himself then.

15. AGBee

AGBee Member

Repeat: Najera is on the injured list.

16. iOrange

oops, that's great. Who else can play good front D like Battie?

17. Sane

Sane Member

Who cares. If the Mavs put their C AND a F on Yao Ming, that means there is one completely open player on the court. Just get the ball to him. It's not Rocket science.

18. iOrange

if there's good Front D guy like Tony Battie, Mavs doesn't have to dubble YaoMing at all.

19. Sane

Sane Member

I disagree. The Rockets have had success with that form of single coverage recently. Unless they double him, he's going to get the ball.

20. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Ok, keep saying that, one day you will get it right ;)

I boldly predict: Hou 99 Mav 91