1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/21/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

If the Rocks stick with what they're supposed to: team defense and good ball movement, they can win this, even though it's the second of a back-to-back. Fockass is definitely key.

Rocks: 97
    Mavs: 92

2. carayip

carayip Member

I sense a loss here but I predict a win nevertheless.

3. DFW_Rockets_Fan

DFW_Rockets_Fan Contributing Member

Parents got me tickets to the game. Some of my friends here, say every time they have been to watch the Mavericks, they lose. I hope they do the same for me. :D

Go Rockets!!

Anyone else going to the game?

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

There was some punk kid on a sports show up here Sunday night that said he hated Eddie Griffin. I hope we kill them. Of course, if we win, I'll have to listen to the idiotic Mavs fan talking about getting Duncan for Finley...like that's going to happen. :rolleyes:

5. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

I think the Rox will see a lot of zone defense tonite because of the Mav's poor interior defense and their inability to contain our guards.

If we can knock down some perimeter shots tonite we have a GREAT chance to steal one. IMHO Mavs are really missing the energy and defense Najera brings.

Hope we put Posey on Finley. That'll be a fun matchup!! Also expect Franchise and Yao to rebound strong from yesterday.

D R

6. eman

eman Contributing Member

Does anyone know why Nacbar never plays?

7. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I hope you are just smelling your upper lip man. ;)

Rockets will win, we owe the Mavs!

The Rockets need to watch the Phoenix tape and see how they beat Dallas the other night. They held Dallas to 38% FG Shooting which is amazing and they only had 10 TO's. The Rockets have to shoot well (Phoenix shot 46.9%) and take care of the ball. I think the Rockets will beat Dallas by at least 10. :D

8. AGBee

AGBee Member

Najera has been out for quite a while now due to surgery.

9. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

9pt 2nd, 13pt 4th
    Rocket's defense wins it 99-96:)

10. knifejc

knifejc Member

Does anyone know if this game will be televised on league pass? For some reason my league pass in Atlanta doesn't list the Rockets, Mavs game.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

We are gonna get ran. Mavs on their first losing streak of the year and rudy's gameplan leaves our players clueless in trying to attack a zone.

Mavs 106
    Rox 94

12. qiumi

qiumi Member

This game already ends in the first half -- Dallas leads by 20 heading to the locker room.

sorry.

13. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

The Mavs are gonna be real hungry. Donnie Nelson will go haywire if he loses this one and the rest of the Mavericks know that.

I'd say

Mavs 102
    Rockets 89

Just cause once we get down, the guards are gonna jack up the 3 ball alot.

14. sharprain

sharprain Member

yeh, i agreed. we will loose this match today. too many unfavor conditions!!!

HOUSTON: 91
    Dellas: 100

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Wow, we have a lot of fans favoring the Rockets in this one...:rolleyes:

I think the Rockets might pull this one off, but barely...

Rockets 107
    Mavericks 103

16. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Rockets win in OT. Steve hits many clutch shots in the 4th. Yao will have a great game 20-10-5 atleast. GO ROckets. I believe tonights game is televised all over texas on FSSW. Or atleast it is in Lubbock. Im pumped

17. Powerslave

Powerslave Member

According to the NBA website this game will be televised on terrestrial TV in China, unlike the Spurs game.

I hope Yao Ming turns it up a notch and we beat the Mavs.

18. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

Rudy starts Moochie, Cat, TMo, Jason, and brings Charles Jones out of retirement. ( He does this for match up reasons) Rockets lose by 56, and 1/2 the board still loves him because he won 2 rings 20 years ago, 1/2 the boards sees what my mom even sees....... Rudy can't coach.

On a more serious note, I say we win this one by 6.

19. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

well, we're getting them on a "slump", along with a fired up francis. that's about all the help we can ask for. hope to god i'm wrong, but:

Mavs 105
    Rockets 91

would be a huge win for us if we can steal it, but, if not, this minor 2 game setback WILL be remedied with the following 3 game win streak we are going to run off afterwards.

20. Bookit

Bookit Member

Us Mavs fans aren't too confident. The Mavs have been sucking lately and can't stop anybody. A one point win would be ok with me.

Mavs 100
    Rockets 99