1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/21/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2003.

1. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Okay, I'll try...

Majority of the people here have never played any orgnized bball, let alone at the professional level. Their experience comes from watch the games, which has nothing wrong with that. But the point is that most of them don't understand what's really happening on/off the court with the team, what the players been through in different situations. The Rockets is a young team with a lot of POTENTIAL. That translates to immaturity and frustration with each of their game. There is nothing wrong to criticize the plays, or the style, but to scream TRADING after every loss is just not the right way to be a fan.

Why did I say the fans have some unrealistic expectations? Because the Rockets is playing above .500 bball, which is where they should be, but many of you are not happy.

2. cmellon

cmellon Member

I agree with Daoshi. People are extremely greedy, but that's just human's nature. In the beginning, they just expect Rockets to have better records than last year. Then they expect to be in the playoff. Then they expect at least to get the 3rd seeds going to the playoff. Then they expect to go to the second round in the playoff. Then they expect to be in the Conference Final. Then they expect to win Championship all in this freakin year.

I still stick to my earlier expectation. I don't expect Rockets to be in the playoff this season. If they do, that's a significant bonus to me and I'll be extremely thrilled.

3. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Daoshi
    Please educate me; how is the fans level of expectation ('unrealistic' as you put it) a problem here - as in this situation? I mean how does the fans expectation (no matter the level) of their beloved team affect the team's guards deceision making and questionable coaching?

Once again some of the angry fans out there are not complaining about losing a freaking game (because you lose some, you win some), it is the dumb way our players played. Somehow I am begining to believe that our guards (Francis and Mobley) care about their stats and 'street' recognition AS MUCH AS they care about team wins. And that is bad.

I forgot about how badly the rest of team was burning the Mavs. Woo, go Yao Ming, you show them how the ROY plays.

Look, we're tired, we're playing the second set of a difficult back to back, we're doing it with no muscle players, and noone on the team that can consistently put the ball in the bucket except for Steve -- a perfect recipe for an off night. We're not asking you to be happy about it, we're asking y'all to accept it.

A little FYI: before the Mavs and the Kings were anything else, they were the scum trash leaves behind.

4. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

I don't see what the point of being a Rockets fan and coming on this board is if you're not going to support the best players we have right now. You realize where we'd be without "the worst point gaurd in the world"?

5. buffalospeedway

the only thing worse than watching this game was coming to the bbs and trying to read this thread.

about 1 in every 10 posts were readable. that's pathetic. you want to come to this site and dis the rockets? most of you can't construct a single readable sentence, much less spell.

btw, this post isn't directed at anyone in particular. i've just noticed that the quality of posts on this board has gone downhill drastically in the last couple of months.

please, i'm not asking you to get out the dictionary (although many of you obviously need to), but at least make an effort to make yourself understood. otherwise, what's the point of posting?