1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 1/10/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2003.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Not that it matters, but Francis wasn't guarding Terry.

2. OrangeCountyCA

I seems like the worst the team that the rockets are playing against, the worst they will play.
    Therefore, tomorrows game (vs. nuggets) must be ugly.

3. RocketsFun2003

I 101% agree with you.

4. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Errr, I wish I were a glutton for punishment like you. Life would be so much sweeter if we all see the sivlerlining like you do. :p :D :D

5. cmellon

cmellon Member

Now don't use this crappy excuse: The shots just weren't falling. The real reason is because of Atlanta's good D.

Why is it everytime we win and the opponents play poorly, we say Rockets has such a good D and the opponents say Oh... we are not concerned about Rocket's D, it's only because shots that we take all year just weren't falling in. And we then say that's a lame excuse to the opponent's team.

But now the same thing happens to us, we say the same exact comment: Oh... no need to worry.... the shots were just not falling in.

6. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

Our best player tonight is Eddie. He is just awesome.
    Our second best player tonight is Cato, I still like his energy.
    Our third best player are shared by both Hawk and Boki.

The rest, well, all I can say is they played worse than Hawk and Boki.

7. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

Hey guys I called this one. I knew the Rockettes were going to blow this one. Rockettes rule!

8. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Weren't we all happy when we came back?

It is ridiculous. It's a road game. But we should have won...WITHOUT GLENN ROBINSON. But we didn't. Our team is cursed. It's messed up. Something is wrong.

WE BETTER NOT.......NOT AT COMPAQ CENTER......NEVER........WE BETTER NOT LOSE TO THE DENVER NUGGETS!!!! That would be sad. Yeah...don't let this ruin your weekend.

If you're a Celtics fan, hmm....losing by 30 against Mavericks?

NEW JERSEY NETS playing at their home...with the best home record...being defeated by 36 points??? At least we weren't blown out.

When we made our happy little comeback...we were playing good basketball and passing and everyone was happy. BUT THEN FRANCIS STARTED DOING HIS CRAP AGAIN. AND THEN YAO WAS TAKEN OUT...oops....and then GRIFFIN WAS...??????????????? AND THEN TAKE OUT GLEN RICE...who is doing fabulous. That was a mistake. Posey is pretty good at home, but has been terrible on the road. What's up with that?

Anyways. There are plenty of games left to be pissed about. :)

9. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

EG had a great game!!!

So just one question. Why would you take him out and put in MoT at crunch time? Honestly... was it just to make Taylor happy? I have been trying to figure this one out. I just can't. Could someone please fill me in. Would a "good" coach do this? Thanks.

10. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

I honestly believe before this team becomes a championship team it will have to break up the Steve and mobely show. Cutino needs to be sent packing and get a Brent Barry type player. This will make Steve have more focus because he will not have his goof off buddy there. Also we need to train Yao to be a Large Mister Mean. Eddie is great because he just hustles and never complains he plays with in his limits. Yao will be fine because he truly believes in the team game. Possy is great Defensive man to bring off the bench or start. Taylor will never be happy with his place on the team as long as Eddie keeps improving. Cato has been Fantastic this year. He seems to be happy coming of the bench as rebounding freak.

11. OSchool

OSchool New Member

Either Steve or Rudy must go.

Steve seems intent on doing things his way.

Rudy is either allowing it or encouraging it.

After watching Dallas tonight it is no wonder why they have the best record in the West. The biggest difference I see is the shot clock. Dallas shoots early and often and have no problem scoring points by moving the ball and running the break. Watching the Rockets is like watching paint dry.

This is very difficult.

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

No excuses please! Its so disgusting to hear a poster say they played good defence!! With the exception of Griffin. the Rox played like they dont deserve to be in the NBA.Rudy needs to start scouting for a starting Point Guard, because within the next two seasons we need one.Steve Francis is not mature enough to play the Point Guard on a Championship Team. Steve just might make an excellent Shooting Guard as his mind set and lack of quick thinking is not condusive to Team Basketball. This game reminded me of a Team not very well coached and out of control, its one playing without purpose where the BIG man tries to play the role of Point Guard rather than score.Yao Ming you need to get your priorities straight-you are a Center. The Coach sat on the bench most of the first half when this imitation of a game took place. If it was me , I would have never sat down till I had things righted!

13. artificial

artificial Member

Guys, be real. The pro sports are all fixed.

14. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

lol artificial....

I was wondering. Isn't Kelvin Cato from Atlanta?

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

With comments like that you wont last long in this Forum. I suggest you can get on track by telling us you were not refering to the Rockets or NBA. If this is true then you are posting in the wrong section!!

16. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Pardon? I don't understand...I was just wondering because the Rockets played the Hawks today. The Hawks are located in Atlanta. And I heard the Cato was from Atlanta. So I just asked to make sure. I never meant to hurt you. :)

17. walterw

walterw Member

Eddie played a great game!
    Rice played a good game, he is the key for us to
    come back from 16 pts deficit.
    All the other guys played really poorly.
    Yao needs to dunk more instead of going layups.
    Steve and Mobe need to pass more and make less
    turnovers.
    Rudy's coaching tonight is really ... bad.
    When Eddie played terrific, he was taken out;
    when Rice got going, he got taken out; whne Yao showed
    some life, he was taken out. Hawks might be the one who can slow Terry a bit considering the poor games from both Cat and Steve.

18. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

So who took the whole team to the JIGGLE JOINT last night? Looks like the team didn't sleep last night!

As a side note, do you thing that when the refs blow the whistle and want the ball, that if a player doesn't give it to them, but rather throws it at the hoop, time after time, that the refs might get a little aggravated at you, and make bad calls on you? Maybe? :rolleyes:

19. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

How about this strategy for giving your players a little HINT! :
    When one of our players is playing poorly, or dumb, or isn't doing what he's supposed to, substitute him. BUT , use a player that doesn't play much at all, such as BOKI! Substitute for BOKI, during the all important game time, not trash time. I think that will drive a message fairly quickly.

"Huh? I'm coming out??! For BOKI!!!!????"

20. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Yeah...the night before. Steve Francis was on TNT. I guess he was tired. It was something unusual. It breaks their rythym. Like James Posey. He was mad at the ref because the ref gave the ball to him too early while he was doing his little routine. And Yao Ming did a commercial in New York City yesterday. He must have been tired. Missing his first 7 field goals...

I don't get why Rudy took Glen Rice out when he was scoring and he took Eddie out when he was doing great and Mo wasn't doing anything. That didn't make sense.

It's just one game. Move on.

If anyone saw James Posey, I don't see how he is that good of a player. I guess today was a bad night for him. It was bad for our entire team.

Looking forward to tommorow's game against the NUGGETS!!! Yeah!

Go Rockets!