1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 1/10/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2003.

1. sun12

sun12 Member

Yeah, I agree. Rudy should call a time-out, then let Yao play. It would keep the momentum.

2. rox99

rox99 Member

Game over. Embarassment was over too.. What a relief

3. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

"Yao played like **** tonight. sigh."

The Rockets played like **** tonight, sigh. Except for Eddie, everybody sucks.

Compare to Stevie stinks it up all over the court, Yao played like an All-Star.

4. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Its one game. Keep your friggin' panties on.....

sheesh :rolleyes:

5. pooh222

pooh222 Member

Horrible. No big dog for Atlanta and they still beat the Rox. EG was playing well and guess what, Rudy the genious benches him at the beginning of the 4th. All momentum was lost. The Whole team from the player to the coaches, except EG, sucked tonight. Period. Ridiculous.

6. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Some splain to me how we play better when they have Robinson in the game like last time versus this time without Robinson...

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Unfortunately the embarassment is going to persist.Horrible defeat.

8. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

Terry schooled Steve,cutino and Mooch. None of them could do anything good. Just TO's and missed shots and FT's. Eddie though is starting show why he is such high profile PF. He just tore it up tonight :D . His D and rebounding are awsome and finally his shots are falling (unlike the start of the year)

9. rox99

rox99 Member

Again, we have two all-stars starters!!

10. alaskansnowman

Way to go Rockets!

Just when it looks like we've begun to turn a corner, BOOM, we go and lose to the Hawks. Truly impressive work today Rockets.

If we don't make the playoffs, the reason will most definately be all our losses against the crap of the league.

11. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

On the bright side: Glen Rice played pretty well for Glen Rice, only twelve turnovers, and we held them to 38% shooting.

12. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

C'mon guys stop getting down on our team after a tough lost. They play pretty good defense. They had many opened looks. The shots just weren't falling. Had they made most of those free throws we would had won. I'm sure they will bounce back...especially Yao..something tells me that next game he's going to murder someone.

13. lunamao

lunamao Member

I can't imagine tomorrow's game.........??????........!!!!!:( :(

14. rox99

rox99 Member

I used to watch a lot Sixers games.
    I KNEW how AI schooled Terry (offensely and defensely) every time they faced each other.
    SF is not at AI's level, period.

15. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Eddie was awesome!!! 22 points and 16 rebounds!!!
    Mo Taylor was, well, DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. He never got the ball anyways.

Steve Francis struggled. He led the comeback. But he still missed. WE MISSED SO MANY FREE THROWS!!!
    Moochie did OK but I still don't understand why he never SHOOTS. EVERY SINGLE TIME HE IS OPEN, HE FAKES. Kind of OBVIOUS.

Yao was struggling...BUT AWESOME DUNK!!! HIS FIRST TECHNICAL FOUL OF HIS CAREER!!!

Good game. I loved it. The fans at Atlanta are weird and unusual. I don't see why they're booing all the time. They boo at Yao. Then they boo at their own players. Something must be wrong with my TV.

MY MY. THIS GAME PROVES WE STILL NEED GLEN RICE. POSEY? AIR BALL?

16. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

This team will not make the Playoffs if those 2 bull headed guards of ours do not start playing team ball. Rudy really made some horrible substutions tonight. It did not cost us the game though it was the horrible shooting and TO's

17. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

silvercat called it...sometimes is just goes this way...it sucks, but gotta move on....any team is beatable on any night!!!!!!

18. rox99

rox99 Member

Hawks give away game tickets if you can donate some clothes (from their web site).

Their place is always half empty.

19. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

No one is saying that Rudy is the sole reason for the loss tonight. However, anyone who can't see Rudy's mishandling of rotation tonight is blind. After all, Rudy is hired to coach this team. If he can't get them to do things to win the game, either he has to go or the players must be replaced.

20. rox99

rox99 Member

Don't let this game ruin your weekend.

Good night

Peace