1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 1/10/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Game Information, Potential Radio Links, Rockets History vs. Hawks
    http://www.clutchcity.net/nextgame.cfm?NextGameID=330

Game Chat Starts At 6:30pm
    http://www.clutchcity.net/chat.cfm

ClutchCity.net Previous Recap: Rockets 91, Magic 81
    http://www.clutchcity.net/game.cfm?gameID=329

<B>Note:</B> It's tougher to find audio links online since the NBA has cracked down on radio stations playing the games on the web, but if there are good radio links for the game, please post them here or communicate them in the chat room.

Thanks,
    Clutch

2. Sloth

Sloth Contributing Member

The Hawks are dead! They play terrible defense. The only chance they have is if we shoot poorly and don't run an offense and they shoot lights out. The only thing that worries me is the fact that they are a bad team. We lose to bad teams!

3. cmellon

cmellon Member

Looking at the history, Rockets keeps defying majority's expectation by losing to teams they should win, and winning to teams they should lose. Hopefully it's not the case this time.
    I also find out that if only ONE fan in this BBS says Rockets is gonna win VERY EASILY no doubt about it, it's almost guaranteed Rockets will lose.

Rockets 94 Hawks 86.

4. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Yao should have a big game, but I imagine Robinson will have a nice outing again.

I see the Rockets pulling out a hard fought win.

91-82.

5. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Rice will have a big game due to the doubling of Yao. I look Yao to go 6-11 4-4 16 pts 10 rebs 4 blks 3 assist 2 tos and the Rox to win 95-87

6. supermagichero

Rocket 89 Hawks 79

Yao will still lead the team: 29pt 14rb 3as 2blk

7. qiumi

qiumi Member

I am always amused when somebody predicts the score or even a player's stats. I am always equally curious about how you actually SEE it. Anyone would like to delight me, please!

8. got-milk!

got-milk! Member

Just when you thought Yao's exceeded the expectations..... he rockets to anonther level..... YAO'S GONNA HAVE A QUADRUPLE DOUBLE!!!! :D

:D 25PTS 16RBS 13BLKS 10ASTS :D

not :( at least a dbl-dbl! yes :)

9. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

Haha, ok, this dive for the first post stuff is getting pretty sad. At least say something with a little substance in the "first post".

10. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

History tells us that the Rockets will blow this one.

Hawks 87
    Rockets 82

Afterwards, let the fire Rudy, trade Steve threads rain down.

11. yingtchen

yingtchen Member

What? You don't know these guys are psychics?;)

12. cmellon

cmellon Member

I followed up with saying something in the next two comments. I had to type in very quick and clicked post right away, coz otherwise somebody else posted something already.

I was never able to be the first one to post, and I want to feel it at least once. Don't blame me for it :D Now that I feel it, I won't repeat it again next time, I promise.

For people who are amused at why we predict scores, it's just for fun. If you want challenges, you should compete with other people (including me) on the accuracy of your prediction by putting your numbers in http://www.dreamshake.co.uk/predict.php
    This website is created by one of the best webmasters who happens to be one of the best Rockets fans nicknamed GBRocksFan.

13. Nova

Nova Member

Rox SHOULD win this game, but based upon past games against the sub .5 teams... I can see reason to be skeptical. Rox will win though, although they may have to fight until the last minute to do so. I doubt it will be a blow out, Hawks have decent players with O.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm afraid that the Rockets will underestimate the Hawks and get burned.Robinson was very hot in Houston,and Rahim/Terry can score big too. Good solid defense,rebounding,passing and making the open shots can lead to a win for the Rockets.

15. liujun0768

liujun0768 Member

This's my prediction:95-87 roxs win,roxs will conquer their shotcoming losing to weakteams.
    Yao 25p-14b-4a-4blk
    SF 22p-8b-10a-4s:D :p

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

This is a scary game b/c a lot of the Hawks players are scared of imminent trades and are going to play hard. I hope we don't come out flat again.

17. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

I dont think the Rockets will blow this game. They are riding on some major confidence right now.. and they are earning some respect. I don't think they wanna lose to one of the worst teams in the NBA and go back to square one! teve Francis was on the halftime show today during the Nets Kings game, and said the Rockets and Yao are playing with confidence. Playing in Atlanta isn't really playing on the road.. they draw like 500 people in the crowd.. and not to mention, the people who will come to the game will probably come to support Yao!! :)

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think Yao will sort of struggle like he did last time against the Hawks. Ratliff played good D on Yao. Hopefully Yao will learn from his last game against Ratliff and not jump into him when he shoots and fadeaway instead.

Rockets should win easily like last time. Rockets 96 Hawks 82

19. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This game belongs to Yao and Cato. Try to get EG going. Try to get Taylor going. Inside inside inside, all night long. drive drive drive drive drop step dunk. No jumpers. none. Hawks want to collect your missed jumpers and run and outshoot you. Don't let them. Pound it in.

20. cmellon

cmellon Member

Damn!!
    Finally what I fear of happens. Somebody says we are going to win easily.
    I now think Rox is gonna lose.... :(