1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 10/22/2003 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Mirror_Image, it was on TV. ;)

2. James23

James23 Member

as long as yao continues to play aggressively, he should average 20+ points a game. but, i doubt he will lead the rockets in scoring though because scoring francis won't allow it.

3. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

Just find some stuff on Denverpost, they predict Rockets will win only 45 games this season. Isn't it too pessimistic? ROCKETS is the most underrated team in NBA.

http://www.forecaster.ca/denverpost/basketball/news.cgi?notebook&x_pagespec=20031022

Midwest Division Preview & Predictions:

4th: Houston Rockets

2002/03 Record: 43-39
    Projected 2003/04 Record: 45-37

The Big Picture: Last year was like a warm-up for Rockets center Yao Ming, as he not only had to get used to life in the NBA, but life in North America as well. Now that he has a full season under his belt, expect Yao to be even more dominant in 2003/04 than he was in 2002/03. Add that to the Rocket's brilliant backcourt of Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley and figure in new recruit and projected starting small forward Stephen Jackson, and you have a viable playoff contender.

Major Offensive Threat: Rockets point guard Steve Francis is one of the best young point guards in the game and is even nicknamed "The Franchise" due to his importance to the team. He averaged 21.0 points per game last season and should put up similar numbers in 2003/04.

Team Assets: The Rockets are a hard working bunch and new head coach Jeff Van Gundy will only help that, so the Rockets will once again be solid on defense and on the boards. Thanks to Yao Ming, the Rockets also have a decent inside presence on offense, while small forward Stephen Jackson brings leadership and three-point range to the mix.

Team Flaws: Despite the addition of Stephen Jackson the Rockets are not fantastic from the perimeter. Also, depth is something of a worry, especially at power forward, where projected starter Eddie Griffin is in coach Jeff Van Gundy's dog house and back-up Maurice Taylor is injured.

4. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

WOW...What a great game! This is ROCKETS basketball!!!:D

5. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

Stephen Jackson? LOL! :D :D :D

6. Coolrush

Coolrush Contributing Member

Stephon jackson? Dont they mean Jimmy Jackson?

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

If it was General Tsao's chicken Id be ther every game... good basketball and great fooooooood

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

yep, prolly some slacker who was in a rush to get this in on time.

reminds me of me

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great to see us win with a big margin.Yao is doing a very fine job. I'm happy that Mobley had a good game. I hope that Jim Jackson will get more confident with the team and start putting his shots down.
    Good team work can make all the difference in the regular season. The guys should keep on working hard to overcome their weaknesses. I hope that Mo-T ,Pike, and A.Griffin can come back soon.
    E.Griffin needs to overcome his problems but he should make a decision about playing or not. Life is hard and isn't fair but he should talk to the players and the coaching staff quickly.

10. aznsexyboi

aznsexyboi Member

29 pts in 26 mins?~??~?~? :eek: Thats unbelievable!

11. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Great game! I attended this one, and the Toyota Center is very nice. The second half was the most exciting, when we finally decided to score some points.

----------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Uprising
    Doesn't them reaching 100 mean the fans get a free burger or something?

If it was General Tsao's chicken Id be ther every game... good basketball and great fooooooood

---------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, if we score 100 or more, AND win the game, all who attend can get a free Big Mac with the ticket stub.

:D

12. laen21

laen21 Member

Yeah, that or Chad Ford... the piece of garbage!!

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I PETITION THAT CC.NET REMOVE A QUITERS PICTURE FROM THE FRONT OF THEIR SITE. I CAN'T STAND TO SEE EDDIE GRIFFIN'S PIC POP UP, EVERYTIME I LOG ON TO THIS SITE. HOW ABOUT PUTTING A NICE SHOT OF THE DYNESTY ON THE HOMEPAGE??

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

14. ghost2003

ghost2003 Member

Haha... I thought I was the only one feeling that way :D

15. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

Anyone got game pictures?! :(

16. prlen

prlen Member

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I remember reading a post on how Boki will score more than Anthony tonight, and he was smashed down by other posters.

but....

7pts for Boki

6pts for Anthony

Great game Rox!! i wish the Com....I mean Toyota Center would be more loud, though it is a preseason game.

18. spaceboy

spaceboy Member

Boki had a great dunk on the 1st quarter.

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I was asked about it in chat...does anyone want it?

Just like last game, I have a clip of his dunk...

I may also clip a couple of Yao's dunks in the first quarter ...depends on how much time I have tomorrow..

20. CXmoney1221

CXmoney1221 Member

pleasse post them thanks so much...btw where are u getting these??