1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 12/14/2002

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2002.

1. ym11

ym11 Member

Yes.. this is why the coach Gentry said.. and Wang DID it

2. because24

because24 Member

Now that we see that Ming can be a Rik Smits type of player night in and night out; I'm dissapointed. How can you be 7 foot 6 and can't jump over 7 foot 8. He should be leading the league in block shots, but his timing is so piss poor it's ridiculous.

Oh well hopefully he'll work on his jumping ability, this off season. If he don't ever become the block shot monster that we ( Rocket fans first not Ming fans first :rolleyes: ) want him to become I'll still support him for the simple fact that he's a Rocket.

If only he had Cato jumping ability.

3. GreatProgrammer

i remember this morning, a clippers fan posted a post here and said clippers have a better front court than us...

it seems he is right. :(

4. sol705

sol705 Member

because, you sound like one of those talking heads on ESPN, plase stop oiverreacting to one game. He had 3 blocks, did you even watch the game? He had 16 points despite taking only 9 shots. what do you want him to do?? bring the ball up the court so trhat he can have a chance at it? sheesh

5. sol705

sol705 Member

This si the kind of stupidity that I'm talking about, you feel as a Rockets fan that people overlook the team because of YaoMing, well that is true with some fans. But you don't need to make foolish comments and complain about somthig that isn't a problem just to make everyone focus less on Yao Ming. It's ture it sucks when people focus on one player instead of the whole am, but it doesnt mean that you should make idiotic comments and downgrade the man's talents just because of it. The Man is 7-6" and has short arms for ihs size, plus he's a big load for his legs, which explains why he doesn't have the fast twitch muslces that one would like to see form an NBAer, however he did have 3 blocks in the game, the leading player in the NBA in that department is Elton Brand with 3.17 per game.

6. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

ignore because24, hes the same guy as tommycatsluvsme, if you remember him, he says stupid things to infuriate people, hes not even a rockets fan, hes a troll

7. 41Fan

41Fan Member

I can't believe you snivelers. Can you find any more ways to redirect the blame from Steve Francis' shoulders?? Did you people even watch the game? I can't believe you're sitting here ranting about Glen getting shots in the post when he was hitting almost at will, espcially in the third quarter. Glen Rice getting touches in the post is not the problem here you whiners. IF anything, Glen in the post is clearly an asset, and we would never have seen KT make that past to Griffin for the dunk. I agree Yao needed more touches, but it's not because of Glen scoring that he didn't get them. YOu should be glad that he is, more and more, beginning to click with the O, not lamenting him getting, and converting at a good %, post-up touches. If you need a reason as to why we lost this game, look no further than who was gaurding Brand. We had neither of our primetime PFs in the game and Brand capitalized. Put either Taylor or KT in there, and we're more solid defensively. Again, Glen is not a detriment to our D, if you watched the game you'd see how he directs traffic on the defensive end, Hawkins would have done nothing but lessened our scoring total. If you want another reason, look at the glut of easy baskets Francis blew...I mean 7 or 8 easy shots that he simply did not get to fall down. This loss has nothing to do with Glen Rice scoring. All you do by disrespecting glen rice on a good night is discredit everything else you've said. I'm glad an outsider (CLippy) could post legitmately and unbiased and give an accurate account of what truly went on. Maybe there's something in that houston water...but the ROckets fans out here in LA didn't see anything wrong with GLen. Though we coulda used a decent night from the Franchise and a body on Brand---a cohesive vent...get it? you all should try it some time. The random, absurd ones don't accomplish much.

8. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

hope this will cheer you guys up:p :p ;) [​IMG]

9. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

10. Summer Song Giver

Revenge time, this time we're gonna kick the clips in the head.

11. bury3

bury3 Member

This is so true. I don't know why EVERYONE from Coach Rudy down to most of the posters here at the BBS are afraid of bashing Stevie whenever he deserves to be bashed. So much for that players-only meeting.

12. lycqf

lycqf Member

Rox stockholders conference(Mocked):
    Rox CEO reported: We have good potential stocks in backcourt. they are strong, can jump as spearhead to the rim. but they are unstable, might go nut sometimes. In the frontcourt, we just bought a hot stock called Yao. He will bring tons of cash to our INC. but ti take time. Otherwise our front court appears a little soft as WNBA.

One stockholder asked: Could we pick good stock like WMT which would perform consistantly?
    Rox CEO: It is hard to find the good quality stock, because a bunch of street ball guys have their solid habits which is difficult to be changed.

Rox has been out of playoff for three seasons, what would you do if you could not lead the team to the postseason this time.

Rox CEO: Well, we had two NBA champs in 94-95.the rest you might figure out.