1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 12/14/2002

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Game Information, Potential Radio Links, Rockets History vs. Clippers
    http://www.clutchcity.net/nextgame.cfm?NextGameID=318

Game Chat Starts At 7:30pm
    http://www.clutchcity.net/chat.cfm

ClutchCity.net Previous Recap: Grizzlies 114, Rockets 109 (OT)
    http://www.clutchcity.net/game.cfm?gameID=317

<B>Note:</B> It's tougher to find audio links online since the NBA has cracked down on radio stations playing the games on the web, but if there are good radio links for the game, please post them here or communicate them in the chat room.

Thanks,
    Clutch

2. jh3lau

jh3lau Member

first guy to post...it's an honour
    hope we can fix the problems in tonight's game and beat the crap out of clippers

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Traditionally, back-to-back games have been hard on the Rockets but that is when we had a lot of old players like Olajuwon, Barkley, Drexler, etc.

We need to put last night's game behind us and pay the Clip Joint back for that loss earlier this season.

If the Rockets come out and destroy the Clippers, then I will feel better about our chances of making the playoffs this season.

4. jh3lau

jh3lau Member

i expect the rox to be fired up after the tough loss
    also, the rox seems to play better (much bette) at home (7-1)
    plus, the rox usually do better against teams playing in their second time (except blazers).

go rox go......i'm rooting for you guys.....just play good D all the way

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

The Clippers also played a back to back last night so at least well both be on equal ground so to speak.

I think the game will be similar to last nights game in that it will be a close game and come down to the last few mins of the 4th.

6. lsjluke

lsjluke Member

Will Wang ZhiZhi give the feelings to Yao that he is playing in CBA?Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

7. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Being in LA, I don't get to watch too many of the Rox games these days, but today's game is on TV for me. I am psyched. :D

Go Rox. It's payback time.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I expect tonights game to be very similar to what the Rockets have done all season. They seem to play very good at home and they have yet to loose the second game of a back to back this year.

Yao Ming has also improved his play against an opponent the second time he has faced him on every occassion. I expect another big game from Yao Ming tonight.

The Clipps are also coming off of a loss to San Antonio last night and they are a bad road team.

Houston 96
    Clippers 80

9. rock_zheng

rock_zheng Member

certainly we will have a gig win and then everything will be nice again.

rox-93
    clippers-78

10. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Bad road team or not, Clippers ended Hornet's home winning streak just a few days ago. This is a very inconsistent team with some very talented players. Elton Brand will give our interior defense fits. If Gasol killed us last night, I hate to see what Brand will do to us.

11. crash5179

And if we can dominate teams at home that have players named David Roninson and Tim Duncan or Vlade Divac and Chris Webber in the front court imagine what we can do to a team that has Kandi and Brand in the front court. ;)

12. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

hmmm.... Comin in watching the Memmphis game late last night... I noticed we swung the ball around pretty good. But we just came short in the end. Francis was playing some one on one and turning the ball over. Kenny was pissing me off like always... but hey we gotta lose to get better. If the Rockets can play tough Defense in the paint against the Clippers, and don't let them mess with their head.. we can win. we should win. but we cant take them lightly like memphis.

Rockets 101
    Clippers 93

13. djkickass

djkickass Member

ROX 88
    CLIP 101

Brandon 34pts, 14rbs

14. crash5179

Brandon who?

15. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Francis v Miller
    Mobley v Q
    Rice v Jaric
    Thomas v Brand
    Yao v Kandi

Last night, SA went on a 24-2 run to win. Clips could not hit or pass out of double team defense. SA dominated inside.

Seems like a good plan again to me. Deny the middle, make them shoot clankers from outside. Zone. Break on the rebound. Attack the basket. Slash, drive, dump it in for the post-up poster.
    Get Yao 20. Get EG 15. Get Francis 35, Mobes 15, Cato 10. But take it inside, guys. We need to be aggressive and take it at their big men, in part to reduce their effectiveness on the other side. Never, ever, ever pass it to KT.

DO NOT - get jumper happy
    DO NOT - iso
    DO NOT - leave Kenny Thomas on Elton Brand without a big helper three, like TMO
    DO NOT - give their guards space. Stick your man and stay in his shorts. Use elbows. DO NOT drive guards into Yao. We need him.
    Keep them shooting clanks from the arc.

Ideally, the ball should move inside to Yao, then over to KT for a stab, then back to Yao or out to Francis, Mobely, or Rice on the move. Except that, that's KT in there. Oh, for another big man that could swing it back to Yao.

16. djkickass

djkickass Member

I meant Brand.

17. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

Steve, you suck!!!! You, AND ONLY YOU, are to blame for tonight's loss!! Let's trade him!:mad:

Just thought I'd get it in before everyone else.:rolleyes:

18. codell

codell Contributing Member

You forgot to add that "KT is a black hole" and "We need to trade Mo Taylor".

heh heh heh

19. cas

cas Member

btw: THIS GAME IS BANNED IN CHINA.

:D

20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

To-Night might be the start of something 'BIG'! A change of heart by Kenny Thomas,Cat Mobley and Steve Francis, they might stop their selfish play and trust their team, especially Griffin, Yao Ming and T Mo. I hope Rudy might take control of the team and stop all the foolish shots that tired players make! I would like to see Nachbar and Maddox get their chance to show! I I would hope that Moochie might play less for us and more for someone else !