1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutch Tweet] Rockets insider: change coming, need players with more upside

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Feb 16, 2011.

1. nathan8

nathan8 Member

Oh dude I second that! i am counting down the days and have been since their was 50 left HA! bloody hell, so intense!

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is pretty sad duder. I think I would watch the Rockets over a hockey game if they were 0-67...

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

NOT A RUMOR, just hoping.

Jeff Green and filler for Scola and Battier?

OKC needs a 4 and Green is a 3 playing out of position. Houston needs a 3 and is rebuilding. Battier needs to get a ring before he retires, and OKC could use the vet leadership.

makes sense to me

#143 Aruba77, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  4. Aruba77

or,
    Adrian Wojnaroski: In proposed Nuggets-Nets deal, Denver would move Troy Murphy onto a third team with 1 or 2 of Nets four picks as sweetener, sources tell Y! Twitter

Could we find a way to absorb Murphy's 12 mil expiring contract and get a pick out of it?

(sorry for the double post)

5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Nothings gonna happen till Wednesday

6. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I dont know if this is a rumor or not...please tell me it is...if we can get green and nene...i like our future..

Jeff Green has the upside to be an elite player. But what would we give for him? I guess Scola and Battier would be a good trade...and then move brooks for landry

Lowry/ish
    Martin / lee
    Green (twill or bud whos left)
    Landry/Patterson
    Nene (miller?)

i actually think i love that team

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Yep - just use Yao as a pseudo-TE

More likely, the Nets are talking to Cleveland and would send him and a pick there for a TE to move on to the Nuggets.

8. Aruba77

Sorry, I edited my post to be more clear. This is not a rumor. this is wishful thinking ...although given that they are going to have to max out westbrook, they have to be thinking about getting something for Green (who will command close to $10 mil per year on the market).

9. megastahr

Ya good points...prob pretty accurate too. They can always run harden at the 2 and durant at the 3 or sefalosa (however that is spelt)

They could defintely trade him...just is it worth loosing scola for? If not what else could we possibly offer them. I think the only thing we have is scola they would want. Of course if we traded them scola and battier they are immediate contenders. Maybe we can get Green and a pick out of it too.

10. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

They said UPSIDE, not bust.

11. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

LOL. I just posted that he's a bust right b4 seeing this. Im glad theres someone on clutchfans who doesnt want Jordan Hill 2.0.

12. Aruba77

I actually dont know if Scola and Battier is enough. Scola would improve their team, but they are already contenders so they may be hesitant to fix what ain't broken unless we knock their sox off with an offer. We can't be the only team that would have interest in Green either.

13. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

Definitely.

14. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I'm not necessarily in love with Thabeet, but am excited at the prospect of being able to get him at little to no value.

We have serious logjams at certain positions, and it really wouldnt hurt this team to shed some of its excess in exchange for a young 7 footer who had a very solid college career. At worst, we send him to the D-League and give him some time with the Vipers to see what comes out of it.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Maybe all Thabeet needs is a change of scenery. He hasn't played much since he has been in Memphis. That could easily be disheartening to a young player early in his career. I noticed a little bit of hustle in him once trade rumors started floating around. Especially against us and Hill.

16. megastahr

if a contending team that had a weak pf posistion and a surplus of small fowards could fix one spot to help the other they would defintely do it.

They would defintely take battier and scola in a green deal...we are significantly improving them and overpaying.

Green is not as good as scola...hes not as efficient...he doesnt excel in any area the way scola does, but he has plenty of upside.

Win now...you go with the vertarn. They wont get a better offer then scola and battier

17. Aruba77

Then i hope we are all over that. IMHO, Green has all-star potential, assuming he plays his natural position at the 3.

18. megastahr

AGREED... Hes one of very few SFs that should be available with all star upside.

already all star quality
    Smith

very strong possibility
    Green

then prob untouchables
    Batum
    Wesley Johnson

19. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I just don't know about this. Now I do think Green will be a good player in the long run, but I just see him in the Antawn Jamison/Lamar Odom/Shawn Marion mold. Basically, an all-star in the right system where he is a complementary star instead of carrying a team. Also, defensively he still has not figured it out yet, which would you want out of a player of his size and eventually his pay if he won't be able to carry a team offensively.

Its just another one of those moves I would love to pursue if the Rockets had a cornerstone of some sort, but probably not worth it as the team is right now. Having said that, if the price is right then there is nothing wrong with getting him, because he is one of those "good young player who has potential" that the Rockets do NOT have and those players generally keep their good trade value.

20. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Agreed. I actually think Thabeet's ideal fit is Cleveland; they suck, no real youth on the roster right now and they have some reasonable pieces to trade away, and he can get a ton of PT without worrying as much about the consequences of a bad play. He may still end up being a huge bust, but chances are that he'll get more floor time and a better opportunity with them than he ever will with the Rockets...