1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch on Silas’ post-game presser: “Something definitely changed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jan 26, 2023.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i dont understand how much losing do you want to do? worst team rarely gets the #1 pick now.

Richie_Rich, albuster, cml750 and 3 others like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Let's hope Silas is our Mark Jackson and we will replace him and retool the roster when we find our Steve "Arrogant Prick" Kerr right as the young players blossom.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Oh I don't think he's the man for the job

He had to start winning this year

Being a bottom team 3 years in a row breaks you , breaks your credibility, and no way can you win as the leader of the sane team . Even with all the talent in the world I would be worried psychology when it came down to winning time

Agree . Just saying even tho he should have been pissed and stood up for himself sooner , better late than never I guess .

But. We also did him dirty .

4. Nook

Nook Member

He is certainly intelligent enough. He sees the game very well and he is excellent at making adjustments. He also is known as a good communicator. My only real question with him is whether he has the mentality and backbone. I am not saying he does or doesn't because I really don't know.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

all your loss are belong to us

6. conquistador#11

Is he related to the Fuhrer? If so, bring him in already.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He is his son. One thing I was thinking about was that tragically, his brother lost his life in a traffic accident in Houston some years ago, so perhaps that would be an obstacle to wanting to move here. I don't know.

But being one of the guys who worked closely with Jokic would make it really appealing, in theory. I just don't know anything about how strong his personality is, etc.

cml750 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is Stephen's last resort.

Not going to lie, I wish him good luck.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Why did Silas let KMJ out-rebound Sengun?

i3artow i3aller and No Worries like this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'll tell you what happened: YOU didn't close out! You gotta close out! This loss is on you and only you.

Next time, get it right. We're depending on you.

As for Silas...

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

My only question is why did it take this long? It speaks more to the blindness of the front office and ownership to need John Wall doing a podcast to figure out their culture sucks. Like where have they been??

Obviously a meeting did happen though early this week. I theorize that they said they are confident he has the right temperament and leadership qualities they need moving forward and he seems to have asked them to let him show them how he has this side of his personality that he doesn’t show.

It’s fake and the truth is Silas is a good natured and nice guy. I don’t know why he feels like he needs to fake it. Just be honest that it’s not a good fit. He’ll have a better chance of getting another job as a head coach if he’s honest and clear and what he does bring to the table… which I think can be valuable to another team… just not this one.

albuster, jim1961 and napalm06 like this.
  12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Excellent at making adjustments, really? Does he have a microphone in his ear telling him to start the 4th quarter with the suck squad and sticking with it until we surrendered any chance at victory. I get it, we are tanking and it is Stone’s design, but I can’t believe he is that involved in game time decisions and adjustments. Why did the Rockets come out in the third quarter not ready to play, why did they abandon the Sengun facilitated offense? Was Stone in the locker room? Silas it a terrible coach and needs to be gone.

13. Xopher

Xopher Member

So basically..

Team = wife
    Silas = cuck

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The anger alone, no.

But if it leads to action say, benching guys who foul up?
    That will get their attention.

We will see if Silas is willing to go there.

albuster likes this.
  15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Nook was talking about David Adelman, not Silas

Richie_Rich, i3artow i3aller and Nook like this.
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

My apologies to Nook. Thanks for pointing that out. I have mad respect for him.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Man, that would have been a great description of Silas right before he came onboard. :confused:

18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

One thing all three of us have in common is that we're all pretty fed up with Silas at this point...if he suddenly becomes great and leads the Rockets to great growth and wins, I will be the first to publicly apologize on this forum.

But I'm pretty much at the end of my rope, not that it matters

albuster likes this.
  19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think it took this long because the problems we have come from more than one source (inexperienced team, unbalanced roster, coach and possible interference from the GM.

Unraveling what is Silas's fault and what is not isn't so easy. Especially complicated when the person in charge of determining fault (Front Office) may be part of the problem.

Lets also remember that as recently as mid December, they were winning big games against good teams. We are only 6 weeks removed from that. Have things gone so wrong in 6 weeks to make big changes? During our brief winning ways of mid Nov to mid Dec, far fewer were calling for anyone's head. Development looked real. Wins were coming.

I see the last 6 weeks as a derailment. The complete truth and facts as to the reasons for it seem unclear. Does someone know what that is? No?

At the end of the day though, most of the above doesn't matter. When things go south for too long, you fire somebody. Plain and simple.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wasn't he coaching because Malone has been in the Covid19 Protocol for several times?