1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch, I have sent you 4 emails, but you never reply!!!

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by krockets, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jontro

Jontro Member

You said it's not about the "contributing member" status, but instead it's about Clutch not replying. Yet your FIRST sentence was...

2. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

3. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

5. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Shoot, with that attitude, you don't deserve the member status for awhile.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

krockets,

lets go beyond the whole $1 dollar fact ok

Clutch is an extremely busy man with 4 children, a business he runs and anything else that he is involved in. He tries to maintain the site the best he can, but with a family like that you can imagine how much free time you would have.

Clutch unlike the rest of us doesnt seem to spend time at work surfing the bbs, reading and checking emails. He tries to post on the bbs in whatever free time he has and as you can imagine he probably gets a flood of emails on a daily basis. There are over 40k members here if even half a perecent, yes .5% of the members email him on a daily basis thats over 200 emails a day.

Many of them could just be something like "clutch have you heard anything about a lebron trade?" some could be "thanks for the site" etc etc., but the bottom line is if he took the time to reply to every single one of them even if it was a short response it would take a decent chunk of time.

Time that he honestly doesnt have.

I've sent him numerous emails in the past over a wide variety of subjects all of which that were more important than "where's my contributing status?" and I've accepted the fact that I will not get a timely response if I get a response at all. Heck for example I had the fortunate experience in having lunch with him last month when I was in Houston and he asked me to write him an email on my thoughts on a particular thing and so i did write him an email and it was over a week until i got a response, and this email was something that he wanted. Occasionally we IM and he tells me he has to do a better job w/ the emails but he just doesnt have the time.

Rest assured he does read all the emails but there are some that just dont warrant a response. If your email was about getting the title/priveleges why would that even need a response in the first place? getting the CM status would be sufficient enough of a response. But changing status is something that I think Clutch does in bunches since he has to go into each persons account settings and all that does take time. time that once again he doesnt have.

I do sympathize with those in the past that have contributing and its taken them 2-4 weeks to see their status change, but a lot of them have been patience to their credit and have shown their appreciation still afterwards.

Honestly I wish your "donation" was refunded and you were banned for this juvenile attitude but that decision is not up to me. One thing you should be grateful for is the guy who's decision that is, the guy who you are calling out here, is a really nice guy and gives people far more slack than I would if it were my board

1 person likes this.
  9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Don't forget to demand a hard copy receipt of your donation for your records.

2 people like this.
  10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

While I don't agree with the op's position, rating him out for the one dollar donation was not justified.

1 person likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Well, I'm sure he'd have bestowed upon you your well-deserved "Big Boy" status faster, krockets, but see one of the site moderators kind of had emergency surgery to save his life recently, so the mods are a bit short-handed this week. When you do finally become a contributing member (on Clutch's schedule, mind you), I hope your first act is to edit all your posts in this thread to hide your insane entitlement bull**** over your whopping $1. I didn't exactly pay R2K's light bill this month, either, but I had the common decency not to jump up inside Clutch's ass about it.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

3 failures in this thread

Failure 1 - Publicly calling out Clutch and sending him 4 emails in probably a week's time (perhaps 2).

Failure 2 - Publicly displaying how much money the OP contributed.

Failure 3 - Publicly calling out someone who "only" gave a dollar to someone he has never met and probably never will. That dollar is more than 39,000 other board members (including myself) has donated.

2 people like this.
  14. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

yall crazy

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This isn't the reason he is being called out - it's pretty obvious the reason he is being deservedly flamed.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

At least a couple of posters have called or insinuated he is a "cheapskate".

18. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Gaze into the eyes of the hypno-toad....

[​IMG]

You will stop posting on ClutchFans.
    You will go get your lazy ass a job.
    You will grow and gain maturity.
    You will realize how petty and selfish you've been in the past.
    You will make a thread explaining all this.
    You will not be welcomed back aboard our ship.

1 person likes this.
  20. theimpossibles1

I feel ya KRockets (in that I made a donation a long, long time ago and sent an email to Clutch and still never got contributor status), but you should not have gone all public like this, makes you and Clutch look bad. Like people have said all along, there must be a reason Clutch takes upwards of forever to upgrade some member's status.

And Moes, that's not right calling him out like that. I am sure the list of donators was not meant for everyone's eyes, and yes he clearly made a donation simply to try to earn contributor status, but a donation is a donation and you are taking info that someone trusted you with and using it to publicly humiliate one of the donors. Not cool.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.