1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutch City,the eternal battle we fight to this day]Dream has to defend his championships

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Nov 21, 2013.

?

Dream

1. We got your back, we witnessed 95

24 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. it's an NBA conspiracy to make the Bulls appear invincible even though they loss with MJ

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. I'm glad you didn't punch him in the face like he was Kupchak

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. the people who hate clutch city should thrown into the ocean

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/hakeem-olajuwon-includes-mj-lebron-all-time-starting-five

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:grin: u mean this guy?

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He doesn't have to defend anything. We experienced it and we know, so do Robinson's Spurs, Barkley's Suns, Malone's Jazz, Ewing's Knicks, and Shaq's Magic.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm amazed at his poise. The fact he has to tell these people that MJ dropped 50 in New York that year shows how brain washed people are.

Clutch City is holy to the Rockets fans, therefore we must always spread the truth, it's evident there are millions of misinformed people .

5. dream2franchise

Hakeem making the point that never seems to be acknowledged.

That Bulls team had it's weak front brutalised by Shaq and in turn Hakeem just showed how much better he was by every big man in the game when the finals came around.

This whole debate should really only relate to the '94 season, as it was the only season in which MJ wasn't wearing a Bulls jersey. The '94 Rockets were bigger, longer and more athletic than the Bulls of '93 (the only team that can be compared in this argument) and I think we would've shocked the world.

6. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Rockets would've beaten the bulls in '94 and '95. End of discussion. Knicks in '94 with Ewing, Oakley, Mason, Starks, all in their prime, not to mention a still strong Harper and a real deep bench, were no joke. Shaq and Penny were heavily favored, and their starting lineup was stacked. Neither were good enough to beat the Rockets. Don't forget that MJ barely beat the DEFENSELESS Suns (their defensive "stopper" was Majerle, are you kidding me?) in 1993 in a nailbiter Game 6, with a Game 7 on the road staring them in the face.

7. nebula955

nebula955 Member

it's one of those things that just keeps getting parrotted...
    also pretty sure we beat bulls head to head those years

8. langal

langal Contributing Member

MJ put up something like 31.5/6.5/4.5 during the playoffs that year. I can see the argument that he was a bit "rusty" - but those are still unearthly numbers.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty astonishing how that fact is overlooked so many times by so called NBA fans.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great answer by Hakeem. Stupid question that keeps getting asked over and over.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

That's because aholes keep saying MJ didn't play hoops for 2 years and made assumptions about the Rockets.

Then those aholes keep telling their kids etc. you tell one lie and spread it, people think it's the truth.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yep, tell them to ask Shaq how his team managed to beat the Bulls with Jordan scoring 31 ppg in the playoffs that year, and then got swept by the Rockets.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Translating this for you:

"You know, I hear that all the time,"
    I can't believe these aholes keep asking me this question after winning 2 titles, 2 finals mvp

"You never know. What I do know for sure, you've got to give credit to the Orlando Magic."
    You idiots are purposely forgetting what really happened

"Orlando beat Chicago in the (1995) playoffs and Michael Jordan was there."
    You stupid son of a b****, quite pretending your forgot this ****

"Earlier in the season, Michael Jordan had a great game against New York, he put up 50-something points. "
    They made a freaking commercial about this, idiot. What? Toni Kukoc didn't drop 50 on the knicks, idiots.

"He was in great shape, and in the playoffs Orlando beat them. Orlando had Shaquille, Penny Hardaway, Horace Grant. They were a tough team, and they beat Chicago."
    That was MJ , that was super high nbc ratings, we all know a ****load of people saw this.
    Yeah Shaq just dunked on their front line and grab all their boards, why the **** do you think they got Rodman next year?
    Get the **** out of here before I beat you like Kupchack

1 person likes this.
  14. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

There is no way Chicago wins 8 in a row. The pressure to always win not to mention the roster change. Bill Cartwright was going to retire regardless and you had to try to keep Horace Grant. Between 94-98 something has to break.

Speaking of what ifs. I think Kenny Smith mentioned something about the 95 Magic being the team of the future. If that team kept together Bulls might not have that 3 peat.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

The real question should be:

A reporter who is not spineless should ask:

"Mr. Olajuwon, in 1995, the great year of basketball where Shaq, Robinson, Jordan, Malone, Stockton, David Robinson, Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller played in....
    What would have happened if you played that 1995 Bulls team?"

Dream:" Did you see what happened to the Spurs and David Robinson?"

Reporter "Yes"

Dream:"That Bulls team didn't have the MVP David Robinson or Dennis Rodman on their frontline, I would drop 50 on them every night, who's going to guard me? Pippen? hahahaha"

Reporter"I noticed your team in the early 90s had a winning record against the Bulls"

Dream:"You are a smart reporter, you know your facts"

16. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

I'm not sure if it was in 95 or it happened before then but David Robinson was psychological scarred from playing the Dream. This is a excerpt from Phil Jackson's book "11 Rings".

- Phil Jackson