1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Club Some, after hours partying in Houston, the Sunday circuit..what about now?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by IBTL, Mar 13, 2011.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

What is the deal for Houston between 2AM- 8AM Sunday morning (aka late Saturday night)? I'm not sure if there is a 2AM -8AM thread out there I am talking late Saturday night mainly, but any other day is interesting too. This can be the official 2AM -8AM Houston thread. I'm talking more about partying but if there is some weird seance that goes on every Tuesday between 3-4AM I'm all ears too.4 million people some of them are awake 2AM-8AM.

What is the party on Sunday day? Does everyone just go to Washington street on Saturday , Sunday morning brunch and then Sunday night?

Where is the Sunday day party at? What after hours clubs are open with people living it up between 2-6AM Sunday morning? Where is the party with drinking and Texas girls between 11AM -5PM in Houston on sunday? I'm not talking gangsta I'm talking nice americana attractive southern belles partying. The kind you see on girls gone wild. Galveston? clear lake?

I know there plenty of threads about where to go out at night in Houston, but I'm talking full clubs in the middle of the day or the after hours Houston scene.

csb- In Houston in the 90s-2002 era people would party hard in the day on Sunday at certain places, then everyone would go to the next one, and it was a 'Sunday circuit' of drunkness a pub crawl if you will.. through houston throughout Sunday. Does this happen now?if yes where?

Club some: For those of you older clutch fans members you probably can never forget about this place. It was the place to go after hours in Houston. It started like at 230AM. We would start at Senoritas in Rice village ( the place that besides gingerman , put rice village on the map for partying) and drink until closing time Saturday night. We would head to an after hours taqueria like ruchis to get more drunk. Not because we needed to get more drunk, but because we knew we could, and thought we were cool to drink after 2AM.

Getting to club some was usually an experience in and of itself. It was something like drive to montrose then go north, and turn right on fairview. head all the way down and once you start to see all the freaks, turn left.

I mean club some was a legendary place,and I had fun dancing techno at 4AM, going nuts completely off my rocker. Pure awesomeness. Has to be some of you crazies in here. The actual site of club some was turned into apts ,and for a while you could buy the apt where all that fun took place. good times.No I don't want to talk about emos. yawn. club some was the ****

I seem to remember hyperia and maybe the living room too. So what is the place now? Does that scene even exist? I guess I can still get something like that at Numbers but that ends at 2AM right? Numbers still goes off right? No I'm not going to Katz deli at 3am and yes I know it never kloses. btw I haven't partied in houston or been in houston in 5 years at least.

The Sunday Circuit, Htown style: Once we either stayed up all night and left club some, or crashed for a little bit, then it was usually breakfast at ferragos or something along those lines.This was Sunday morning. We would consume champagne mimosas ( my friend called them mambosas) and get more crazy. We would then go to La Strada. Not the new one but the old one that burned down. Everyone was going nuts and drinking these yards. It was fun. At that point it gets blurry but usually berryhill or one of those bars on pacific.South Beach for more drinks and hitting on the girls that run with the gay guys. There are usually at least 8-10 hot girls with these gays guys at that club sunday night. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Then it's on to Toc/living room/power tools or whatever they are calling it these days. Is this bar still in action?

By that time it's midnight sunday night and you have been awake for 24 hours.we did this probably 60-100 sundays over the course of a few years.good times.

So I am planning to come to houston and I want to live it up over a saturday night/sunday night sunday circuit. Does that still happen in houston? My friend told me he was in downtown Houston last night and it was depressing.He said 50% seemed to be closed down now.

I heard riches is still going on. That was a gay club except for Thursdays for the longest time and I always thought the layout of that club was cool. It reminded me of red square a little. Is riches fun still or will I get stabbed?

I am not trying to go gangsta , don't want to get shot.

As a side note anyone remember surf side sallies near gessner westheimer area? That place had a great dance floor and these huge fishbowl margaritas. lots of fun.

I know I'm getting old but I 'm coming in May and would like to hit the circuit up old man style. If there still is one...

2. Landlord Landry

I went to Some many years ago. Some girl over-dosed and died in the street outside of the club and the cops ended up arresting about 50 people or so.

I decided then that it might just be a good idea to go home at 2am.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Ah, the club some family. So many times I remember leaving that place not realizing it was daylight until I got outside. Hard partying, heavy X use, and lots of fun times. Hyperia was not nearly as good as Some was after it was shut down.

That was a long time ago though and I no longer am into that scene so I'm not sure what the after hours spots are these days.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Pandora does after hours now. Never been.

Don't do Sundays usually but I'm pretty sure its Brixx, Sanctuary, then Nox or Fifth Amendment.

You can get crawfish at Brixx. There are plenty of brunch places. Baba Yega maybe?

1 person likes this.
  5. AkeemTheDreem86

You essentially just asked the same question 17 times in one post.

6. Summer Song Giver

Will you be bringing the goddesses with you?

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Notsuoh. Complete opposite scene. Laid back and drink, not a jump around and kill yourself kind of place.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ha, I remember club some. Funny you mention how to get there. I could never remember where the hell it was but somehow we'd end up finding it. Good times.

9. Chamillionaire

go home, go to bed.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

cool thanks for your reply. I appreciate. I'll go read up on those places.

Hard to believe the young kids these days don't go and tear it up after 2AM.

back then apparently we partied harder.. the younger generation is all about being lazy, and not even bringing it when it comes to a good party. Club some was a good party.

Is houston no longer a happening place after hours? it wasn't just club some there was living room. I remember going downtown by 511 and cabo and we were at a club that would close at 2am and then re open and served alcohol all night.

There has to be some 2AM - 8AM things going on in Houston but apparently based on the reaction to this thread not much.

Baba Yegas is nice but very mellow. We used to rage in the middle of the day in Houston at la strada. I thought maybe the scene was still around.

yawn on the younger generation and get off my lawn I suppose. I guess some things really were better 'when I was a boy'

when I was a boy we didnt have purified water.. we used to spit into cups and drink it.. and we liked it.. we loved it

cheers

11. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

As Texas has become more strapped for cash over the past decade or some, the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission has grown far more serious about enforcing regulations, and in particular about enforcing regulations on after-hours drinking. It's not that anyone's gotten lazier, it's that Texas has gotten more broke and so they need to take money from any place they can.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Man. Club Some memories...sort of...as in I remember going there, but I don't remember much else.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The "younger generation" is at Rich's after hours. Older crowd goes to Pandora but for the most part the older crowd doesn't do after hours.

All of the places I listed aren't geared for kids. You can go to Stereo Live on Sundays if that's the crowd you're looking for. In other words, the ex poppin house music crowd.