1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Club Nintendo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by chow_yun_fat, Feb 2, 2015.

1. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Club Nintendo is shutting down. If you have any coins, redeem them before 6/30/2015 or they'll be gone forever. They released the final set of awards today before the program gets discontinued. Not a big loss, the rewards have been getting worse year after year. It was still nice to get rewarded with some type of freebie vs nothing.

Picked up a Zelda bag for 800 coins. Will never use it, but it'll be a nice collectible I guess.

From the little bit of research I read, looks like they're discontinuing it because of new servers Nintendo purchased. For unknown reasons, they're unable to transfer the data for club nintendo to the new servers. It could be a sign that Nintendo is finally integrating all the accounts into one unified system, ala Sony/MS, but it's just speculation at this point.

2. SuraGotMadHops

He's not shutting down too is he?

[​IMG]

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I bought the mario tshirt, I would have gotten the bag if I had an extra 100 points. I'll probably get more use out of the tshirt anyway.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

That's lame. Any reason?

Can we still register new games? Are we still getting Mewtwo DLC in the spring?

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I think the cut off for registering new games is march or may. As for reasoning, I'm guessing they need to cut back on areas that aren't making them money due to slow Wii U sales. (see: "club" that gives away free ****)

No clue on the DLC.

6. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Nice, I was going to order the shirt, but they only have it in small. I need at least a large for all of my 145 lbs and all.

7. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I tried to get in today to redeem my coins but it said the website was doing maintenance. I was not pleased

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Everyone is hitting the site. Just keep refreshing or risk a lack of items after the fact.

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

A lot of good games to download from the virtual console.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Guess I need to make sure I've registered all of my games.

I'll definitely miss it. The items have frequently been crap, but I have picked up some games I'm happy to have.

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Gonna grab Kid Icarus Uprising and Wonderful 101.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Finally registered all of my games and systems. I have about 1100 points. Too many games I want.

I never got to play Earthbound or Super Metroid, are those any good?