1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clown show organization

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Rockets4Life13

I could only get through the awful performances by waiting for the deadline and hoping that we atleast get to see young talent. That we would get some new young talent. Even if it was just KZ Okpala or whoever, i didnt care.

I don't think i can watch the rockets for the rest of the season. I just dont think i can do it.

This is so depressing.

jngcards and saleem like this.
  2. PWR

PWR Member

Stone, Silas, and Fertitta belong together. This trio is so incompetent. I'm truly amazed by it.

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

lmao could've had LeVert AND Jarett Allen but nope, instead we got trash upon trash.

4. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LeVert and Victor are basically clones with only one playing defense ... but neither are a positive for rebuilding

5. HP3

HP3 Member

One is an asset, the other is not an asset. Lavert is looking way better than Oladipo on offense, is younger and has 2 years left on his deal. This trade is garbage.

ksny15 and BallaDoc like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stop insulting clowns

7. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

He doesn’t look better than Victor they are the same player - yes he younger - but he’s just as ineffective.

Y’all act like he’s Murray or Booker or Mitchell

8. HP3

HP3 Member

He's younger, better, on a better contract and a better trade asset. We got nothing for Oladipo.

Nook, PolarBear, BigggReddd and 2 others like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Looking forward to getting clowned on by the Washington Generals.

jngcards likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Sounds like someone might be wavering on his "not as bad as Dolan" stance. ;) Welcome to the Bandwagon to Hell, tinman. There's room for all of us.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

younger - not better - I rather have the cap space than be stuck with (Younger Dipo) for 2 years - and he’s not a better trade asset because all he has to do is say (I only want to be traded to (insert team) and it lowers his value)

Just like Harden
    Just like Gordon
    Just like Dipo

12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Like, if Bradley/Olynyk weren't on the table until today I'd be super duper surprised by that. What were the combo of young player and picks the Rockets were comfortable with then? That Bradley and Olynyk was the offer you were gunning for?

Seems like, maybe, that's been the Heat's offer this whole time. Literally no one else was offering jack squat for Oladipo and Stone's only move was to drag it out trying to get Pat F. Riley to blink.

Where the hell is this team going?

HP3 likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Better, yes. Dipo is not what he used to be. Cap space FOR WHAT. No one worth a damn is signing here. Dipo did that just now and we got garbage for him. Lavert is younger, cheaper and on a longer contract. He's a flat out better asset.

Nook likes this.
  14. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

You don’t get it - LeVert would have us in the exact same position we are in currently with 2 extra years vs Pick Swap and Cap Space

The NBA and assets don’t matter when every team knows a player has a preferred destination, until teams put poison pills in contracts to kill players dictating where they want to go, welcome to the new age of NBA Trades

15. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

He’s worse than Dolan. He’s also cheap. Only difference is he isn’t in some bad white man blues band.

topfive, PWR and HP3 like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Even if it was the case, Lavert's contract is better than Oladipos? So we could have just traded Lavert at the deadline for better assets.

Der Rabbi likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston got DJ Augustin! DJ Wilson! Kelly Olynyk! Avery Bradley! Dante Exum!

18. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Turned out there were more sellers than buyers at the deadline. Bunch of sorry teams like us desperate for draft picks, basically giving away players for nothing.

19. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

If I didn't know any better I'd say someone in our front office was intentionally trying to sabotage the team.

slothy420 likes this.
  20. PWR

PWR Member

My goodness...lmao.