1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Closer...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The Joker, Nov 19, 2010.

1. The Joker

The Joker Member

What player in the league right now do you think could be a closer type in the 4th quarter but just hasn't had his chance yet. I think a guy like Rudy Fernandez hasn't been used the right way and given an oppurtunity (on another team most likely) he could be the kind of guy that could create his own shot at the end of games.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Shane Battier

1 person likes this.
  3. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Ryan Bowen?

4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Kyra Sedgwick

1 person likes this.
  5. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

While I think Rudy has some untapped potential, I feel that you would be mostly counting on him to run off screens to put up a final shot, as his slim build will probably negate most fouls ala Kevin Martin.

My choice as a potential closer would be Ben Gordon. He's not really a fit here in Houston, but he has always intrigued me as a player.

That being said, he has been given the chance so I guess out of those not yet with a chance... possibly J.R. Smith with his head on right.

6. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

Carl Landry

7. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Derek Fisher

8. Mr. Space City

9. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

[​IMG]

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You don't know much about Rudy. He isn't very good about creating his own shot. His handles are shaky, his first step isn't very quick and he isn't strong enough to seal people off when he gets around them (but he can flop if the defender breathes on him I guess). When Rudy does go one-on-one against a half-way decent defender (not even a good one), he usually throws up an off-balance fade-away.

What Rudy has done well at the end of games is come off screens and drill clutch shots. In half-court, he is 100% better playing off the ball than with it because of his lack of quickness, but he can be a creative passer at times.

11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Brandon Lyon

12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Kosta Kufos.