1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clock is ticking on Jalen from Ime and Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't remember you being so angry or taking it out/making it about other posters....rather than just talking hoops.What's up, Bro....

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I dont remember ROX Nation being so fickle and fair weather. What happened to US?

Plowman likes this.
  3. Strawberry Gum

I enjoy the current state of Sengun and believe that he will get better. I had thought the discussion was about his archetype and his potential role on a contender. He is still young, and he has room to grow. I believe he will be our centerpiece for years to go, but won't be sad if he becomes the second or third best player, as long as Rockets win a championship. I agree that there is no need to exaggerate our projections, however there is also no need to be cynical about our best young player.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

A bust? This season is exactly what is was supposed to be: We make big culture changes and start learning to win again while seeing which of the young players are worth investing money in long-term. And we do it without blowing flexibility to make big signings the next couple of summers.

gotsis likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

a lot of it is also his only fans that have projected him into something he isn't and has yet to prove a whole lot. They are also the same ones who try to be the loudest and refuse to see the long list of flaws and lack of progression. One of the biggest red flags will always be blaming everything around the actual issue

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

he was on a hot streak heading into the trade deadline. Makes you wonder why they didn’t move him then. I get that these kinds of deals are easier to make in the offseason, but if they had made the decision to move on from Jalen, if wish they had done something at the deadline.

Unlike many others who don’t think his value can go lower, I do. But then again maybe benching him will actually help his game.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

August 2002 CF: "Yao is too timid and has a weak upper body. He'll never be an NBA starter, much less a winner. We blew it."

Verbal Christ likes this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dangling a carrot in front of the fanbase this way is a huge disservice to everyone ESPECIALLY Sengun. Propping him up against the most dynamic center in history is not really fair is it? Yet somehow that flawed reasoning is allowed to flourish so people like me will expect nothing less because of the spam campaigns in his favor even when we all know how much work he still needs to put in. If the hammer can come down on our bad players then why cant it come down on our good players who are expected to lead this team to wins?

Strawberry Gum likes this.
  9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Maybe there really isn’t any significant market for him other than a trade filler with some upside. It’s not like his contract is a bargain and no contender is going to take a flier on him because he isn’t a winning player.

The Nets made the most sense but they seemed wildly unreasonable.

10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The thing is, you're ALWAYS wrong yet continue making dumb azz hot takes lol. It's embarrassing. Check my post history, I've been right 10X more than you ever have. I say things and it happens more than not. You say things and end up looking stupid. We're 2 different tiers my boi

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

someone who is never right has no business calling anyone else wrong. like i said you're one of the dumbest on here. nobody gives af about you

I don't need to check your embarrassing post history. you're a nobody. when someone has to act out loud how many times their right well in reality the opposite is true. case in point here with you

stay in hiding. the board is much better that way. we are in 2 different tiers. now that's right. you sit at the bottom and where scrubs hang out

"my boi" ok Jalen. you want a hat too?

#71 YOLO, Feb 15, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
    AroundTheWorld and cml750 like this.
  12. Rokman

Rokman Member

Jalen is going to move on to somewhere else and in a few years, maybe 7 or so when his brain is done developing and he has some wisdom from experience he is going to look back at this time and realize how immature he was and what it cost him.

Jalen's an alright guy, just very immature.

13. cml750

cml750 Member

How long do you think they should give Jalen? When is enough actually enough?

14. Strawberry Gum

I see what you mean here and I see that you are trying to be a voice of reason for people who get caught up in narratives. We have to find a balance. It's no fun being a sports fan when you don't dream about the future of your team. These dreams shouldn't lead to short term frustrations, and bigger than life expectations can make some fans impatient for certain things, absolutely, but it's just natural that people here place the best young player of this team at the center of their championship fantasies.

Verbal Christ and topfive like this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

We need a program where these young guys are put in a house with Dream, MadMax, and Mario Elie for a few months, with no way to leave. Kind of like a long-term Scared Straight, only more of a Scared Great.

#75 topfive, Feb 15, 2024
  16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Green needs to shut his mouth and not talk until he’s not one of the worst 3pt SG in the league.

17. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Eventually. I want Cam to have more of a green light to shoot and score that he'd have off the bench. Fred and Sengun have been so successful as a PNR tandem that I wouldn't want to see Cam's offensive development stunted by lack of touches with the starting unit. Amen has also built up some nice chemistry with Alpi, and we've seen that he's been effective even with his lack of shooting.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

There is no way we keep all 6 draft picks we are gonna have to churn through some of them - that is Stone's job keeping those that fit and moving those that don't.

Can't get too attached to any player they are ALL on the block for the right price.

DD

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Him saying that clearly and completely illustrates the sense of entitlement that sits at the heart of his problems. His steadfast refusal to work his arse off to be the best he can be, a result of being handed the keys without earning it.

#79 Plowman, Feb 15, 2024
  20. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Jalen Green being unplayable against a bottom dweller like Memphis in a game where we needed to play Nate Hinton starter minutes…..Forget about it. It’s over. He is way too flawed. He should have been traded.

Ardeus, clos4life, Plowman and 2 others like this.