1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clock is ticking on Jalen from Ime and Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

The key word here is MAYBE. I try to avoid absolute statements because I believe that the "glad I was wrong" excuse/defense is the most utterly pathetic way to be a fan, but thats just me.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jokic' shot diet is 10% MORE outside of 10 feet! Thats a huge number ESPECIALLY when your team is down and they need you to become HIM - we've all seen Jokic hit huge 3's to win games --- when will that come for Sengun? Next year? Year after?

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he really said that he is pretty cocky and delusional. He's not even as good as the 6th man on a lot of teams.

clos4life and theDude like this.
  5. Strawberry Gum

There is not much difference between that and you giving teams like Boston and Mavs as examples in the other thread. Sengun also is much closer to Jokic than Jalen is to the star players of those teams i.e. Tatum, Luka.

AroundTheWorld and cml750 like this.
  6. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

I expect a line up change after the break

clos4life, AroundTheWorld and cml750 like this.
  7. cml750

cml750 Member

We have seen Jalen long enough to know he is never going to be what we hoped for. He is never going to be close. Cam may or may not be but he should start auditioning for the role sooner rather than later. If he looks as bad as Jalen in 2 1/2 years then yes everyone will be calling to replace him too. There will be mistakes once he takes over but it is much easier to live with them from a rookie 20th draft pick rather than from a 2 1/2 year veteran. who was drafted #2 overall.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I never wanted Green, wanted Mobley - and I wanted Green to have to earn his spot in the starting lineup and it was just given to him.

Many of you blasted me for saying this - though I KNEW what we were doing was wrong.

The Org is as culpable at where Green is as a player as Green is himself.

They built this entitled monster, now they have to fix it, or get rid of it.

DD

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jokic is an exponentially better player than Sengun though - why do that to the kid? Why not just be happy that he's the best interior offensive player in the game within 5 feet and enjoy that until he can expand his game as needed?

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"Maybe"

11. cml750

cml750 Member

Verses " definitely not" with Jalen. I will take the maybe

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Neither Cade, Jalen, Mobley or Barnes have really blown the barn doors off though have they? Houston was hoping for a star as was DET, CLE, TOR and thats the way the draft goes Franz and Sengun were probably the best players in that draft. Some years are just duds.

beardsanity713 likes this.
  13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

You guys have this fantasy of Stone being on the hotseat. Nothing points to this

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He’s not being used properly but that doesn’t excuse all of his inefficiency. If Ime is looking in the mirror then Jalen can too. More than anything, I think Green’s ego has to be kicked down a bit. He lacks any humbleness whatsoever. He’s making the stupid new age mistake of confusing confidence with inflated ego. You haven’t earned an offense to be designed around you.

You’re taking way more 3’s than you can make Jalen.

You’re making 41% off mid range. You take those shots as though you’re Chris Paul not you’re half a decade of training away from that.

You’re getting FT’s but can’t finish enough through contact. You don’t even keep trying to get

You call yourself a “Bucket”. Where the buckets at Jalen? Teams don’t sag off a guy who’s a bucket you know? We need buckets on command. Cause bucket makers have some kind of shot you can’t really stop them from missing more than half the time. Like a killer jumper or finishing with contact at a high %.

Was happy to give Jalen 30 games to adapt but we’re way beyond that point and this game was inexcusable. If he’s out there talking **** about the Rockets to random fans like that tweet mentions, he’s going to get on my bad side very quickly.

As for Udoka, for the love of god man unpack the paint. Amen, Jalen and Sengun’s shooting is why it’s impossible to win like this. The paint was packed with FVV starting, what do you think will happen with Amen starting? This is not the 90’s. Did you not learn your lesson from Kerr handing you your ass on a plate despite having less talent than you? If Sengun sits, what on earth has Ime designed well offensively? Nothing at all. No one can do anything without Sengun. The only thing anyone else can do in his offense is shoot - and that works in any garbage offense. I’ve also excused Udoka’s offense early on because his hands were too full but this is getting ugly.

Oh and stop telling Green to slow down and avoid the trees. Getting FT’s on drives is the ONLY thing he does well why are you telling him to slow down and not try to dunk everything? What the hell else can he do - he’s going to end up taking worse shots. It’sa death sentence. Speed up the damn offense instead of slowing down your faster players. Tell your playmaker to hit the open corner shooters and runners so that we’re not garbage at two of the highest efficiency shots (corner 3’s and transition).

Ok I feel better letting that out now I believe in Jalen and Ime again lol. I think it’s unfair to not bench Jalen at this point. Whether it’s his fault or the system, it’s just not working with the starters now that teams are packing the paint and daring us to shoot. If Jalen thinks he can do better in a different system, then let him prove it off the bench. If Cam is The One, let him prove it as a starter. Time to find answers.

15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

No. The clock should be ticking on YOU never embraced the rebuild from the jump. You claimed Stone had no clue what he was doing, but now that we've grown significantly better you're back to garbage takes. It never stops lol

16. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He kind of has to. I don’t think you can make a comment like that and then come back after the break and say, “We looked at it, everything was good. This is the best we can be.”

evo8lover and snowconeman22 like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh you been mighty quiet lately. I wonder why.

this post made no sense. stfu. you're one of the dumbest on this board. laughing at you never gets old

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I think sending Jalen to the bench is due. That way EVERYONE can see the big picture. I'll bet 5 bucks it only takes a few games to find another whipping boy!

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

I see Jalen's issues as twofold, but they're both huge:

1) His game instincts are not great. He seems to know where his teammates are, but has a blind spot when it comes to the opposing players. Not good.

2) He doesn't have that drive to be great, and instead thinks he's just a hot streak or two away from getting there. Nearly everything else he needs to improve on could be learned if he had the burning desire to dominate.

I'll add a third he picked up this year: He's unable (or worse, unwilling) to mold his game to fit a particular system.

He arrived with all the physical tools, which allows him to hit 35 or 40 and sometimes get double-digit rebounds or assists, but will he ever add the other necessary components? Sad to say, it's starting to look like no. Spending his first two NBA seasons under Silas added nothing to his game. And now that his lack of development has become a talked-about issue at pressers, things may not get better.

#59 topfive, Feb 15, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
    AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

From Ime’s talk it sounds like Jalen is out of the starting lineup. I’m guessing they kept him there for that long to try to trade him.