1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clock is ticking on Jalen from Ime and Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Threatened?

What in this clip is even worth addressing for someone like Jalen Green? What in this clip even comes close to being “criminal?”

he basically said Jalen Green was disrespectful and was sh*tting on him

y’all talking as if Jalen Green sent death threats in the DM’s…

Jalen Green giving this clown the time of the day is laughable on his part, and y’all acting like this Roosh character is dropping damaging bombshells that Jalen Green would feel the need to have his legal team even bother with sounds ridiculous

the most damaging thing is Jalen Green even bothering to converse with this dude in the DM’s and actually have phone conversations as if he’s seeking advice from Roosh of all people

#421 Reeko, Feb 17, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
    harold bingo likes this.
  2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Going to the bench may help his value as well, it may be best they don't see him out there and make the assumption he just didn't get enough of an opportunity. Many on this board still believe that, I think other teams may think that as well. Ben Simmons is one guy that Philly knew what they had, their fans, coaches, and teammates publicly humiliated the guy, but there were always others speaking about him being involved in a trade for someone worth something and he ended up being the centerpiece of a James Harden trade. The other angle we could use is that Cam is our guy and plays within our system, if he does well just say that Jalen should be starting elsewhere and there is a log jam. I think a team would be more hesitant to trade for him at the deadline for their lotto pick since they don't know where it would fall exactly and they would have more data on the players entering the draft, they will get more clarity by draft night and that is when I think a trade could be available

3. cml750

cml750 Member

I really do hope you are right I just do not see it. I think we would be REALLY lucky to get a really late first at this point.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  4. cml750

cml750 Member

I think what @MadMax is getting at is that Jalen even doing this at all is a really bad look that could impact him financially come contract time. If the claims Roosh is making are not true then Jalen would be in his rights to send a cease and desist request to make him and others who are spreading this stop. The fact that Jalen has not done that lends some more credibility to Roosh's claim.

maypk and NewAge like this.
  5. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

Maybe it's because they're very far from being stars?
    It's interesting you don't include Sengun in that little list while he has been suffering from back issues for some time.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What the hell is going on here? Does this Roosh guy have any established credibility? Why isn't he posting screenshots of DM's if he has them? Is he doing the whole "it's not cool to post other people's DM's" cop-out thing? He's burned that bridge anyway by the looks of it, he doesn't have to maintain Jalen's respect and he will lose respect/credibility from the other players too if Jalen is communicating to people that it's BS.

If Jalen is attacking him for what he said, then there's some shenanigans going on here. A player who believes he's not being used properly is not going to be furious that it leaked without his verification. This is not a private thing, Udoka and the team have enacted things to use him better which means the conversation was had already.

I'm guilty of having just believed the guy without thinking about it since he's on the Rockets Watch thing. Someone please let me know how much credibility we should assign to this.

harold bingo likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Roosh is a nobody and isn’t out here dropping any bombshells…this whole thing isn’t even a story outside of “Rockets twitter” and nobody will even be talking about it a week from now

if this “story” about Jalen and his insults in the DM and alleged “threats” (who knows what clout chasers like Roosh will pass off as threats) gets picked up by ESPN or something more significant than Roosh and his little clique then that would be different

Jalen has far more important things than a nobody like Roosh to be worrying about when it comes to financials and his next contract

#427 Reeko, Feb 17, 2024
    Roomba, harold bingo and rocketchamp like this.
  8. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Ahhhh I see what's going on here. Jalen has probably said something stupid in a DM and Roosh is using that as leverage to make up the rest of the story. He thinks Jalen improved because of his advice that's so funny and sad at the same time.

harold bingo likes this.
  9. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Hahaha. Of course he was rude, Jalen gets hot and cold every other week it has nothing to do with their conversation.

Jalen shouldn't have done this, it's a waste of his time. It seems like more than anything, Roosh couldn't stand not telling people that Jalen messaged him. He thinks it's a credibility thing, but instead it's just an immature thing Jalen did.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think people are maybe exaggerating the fallout from a fan community run in with a player and its importance. It’s very interesting and worthwhile for us as a community to discuss and gain insight from, but in the grand scheme of things it’s not the global bombshell we think it is.

My guess is Roosh just felt it was an interesting insight into Jalen’s maturity that he would even engage with a fan like that, and I appreciate him sharing the story with us. I think people are exaggerating his intent to try and elevate his importance beyond our little corner of the internet which nobody outside of Houston probably cares too much about.

I think it’s cool and fun that we do have people here in our community that do have insider info from sources but I just like for it to stay in a just for fun type of context because it’s seldom that our fan insiders are really truly “insiders”. A lot of times it’s second or third hand rumors and that’s totally fine and fun to bring here to each other to debate and discuss. That’s part of what makes this place fun.

That being said we’ve had times where the fake insiders were all over the place and acted as though they were entitled to privileged status. That crap (especially during the “SOON” era) can get obnoxious and make this place toxic.

Anyways … carry on folks. I’m glad Roosh shared and I don’t think impact a thing with the Rockets moving forward. This isn’t KD and OKC where it became national news. This won’t get picked up by ESPN and be the subject of a Steven A debate on First Take. Roosh came to us with this insight FOR US imo and I think that’s perfectly fine to recount.

11. dobro1229

To reiterate in a short post:

KD was a superstar when he did this with a fan and that was insightful news nationally because he was expected to be a mature star player leading his team to championships.

Jalen is still an immature kid in a lot of ways and this shows he still has a long way to go in his maturation. It also shows that the team needs to have a plan in place to deal with the mental aspect of having a young star deal with the reality of not living up to his expectations.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The X.com All Star Feud.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It also shows that stars or NBA players are just humans with all their flaws.....

Those who respond or interact are mostly social media crazy personalities who would have been on Twitter either way.

dobro1229 likes this.
  14. TimDuncanDonaut

Two - three degrees of separation from a Rockets source is not too shabby.
    A Rockets player <- Roosh ->. Folks here / Rockets Watch.​

Other examples:
    A Rockets player / Ime <- Gatlin's locker room access interviews. ->. Folks here / Rockets Watch.​

Or on trade stuff.
    A Rockets player <-> Iko <-> Roosh on his speed dial invited Iko, then Iko came on Rockets Watch, and we interacted him directly on the recent news.
    Between the organization and the media/community there is usually a filter. GMs and players usually give the media-savy and canned answers. Sometimes there are details that can be picked apart, which are useful. A gentle reminder also (as fans) to not over parse their words. Needlessly hang onto what each word as gospel. There's degree of conviction when people give opinions on things, it's important to keep that context when drawing conclusions.

The Jalen and Roosh interaction is one unfortunately came out of his frustration. People can have bad games, but I think some humility on Jalen's part would help him in how he deals with it. Be honest on the performance, minutes have been very generous by the GM and coach. Instead of thinking it's owed, be happy they are awarded. Don't end up like a Oladipo, where if Stone offers a good, but realistic contract, don't just scoff at it.

#434 TimDuncanDonaut, Feb 17, 2024
  15. dobro1229

I recall Clutch or someone else as well giving us some insights a couple years ago now in the locker room the first thing that the players would do after a game even before Silas came to debrief was grab their phones and look on social for mentions, clips, etc.

We forget these are kids and kids that are growing up in this age of social media being more real to them than sometimes real life.

I have a 10 year old daughter so I know firsthand how challenging it is to remove kids from this digital reality and the drama of social media interactions. With my daughter we lock down her ability to interact with strangers but holy cow if we didn’t it would be insane to deal with drama drama and more drama. That’s just how kids are nowadays and holy crap do I sound old lol.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

The Dunning Kruger effect, at a certain part of the curve, the better you become at a specific field, the more one realize all the things you don't know and how far it is from expert level. Is player X really a bucket, if he's not doing it at league average. Is player X, well rounded enough for his position.

If that person is under-par, how is he handling it. Is he looking inward to try to get better, or does he get frustrated and argue with Fans on the internet. The critique is less if he plays better. It's really as simple as that. Study film, use the resources around you (assistant coaches, vets), soak up as much as knowledge as you can.

Confidence without honest self-assessment is delusion, and just make things awkward when it's contract talks time.

#436 TimDuncanDonaut, Feb 17, 2024
  17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Lol. Some of you passing off a guy named Roosh Williams, who apparently thinks he's part of the hip hop community, who talks like he's part of another community, who looks like Ali G, as credible??

18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Wait, my apologies. Sometimes I type before I think. Roosh actually has met with real nba players, including the late Kobe Bryant. Look at Roosh in action

Dobbizzle likes this.
  19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My understanding was that Roosh tweeted that he had been threatened by Jalen over the phone. IIf Roosh is claiming he was physically threatened by Jalen…and if that claim isn’t true…that’s typically the kind of thing that would elicit a written response on law firm letterhead demanding that Roosh stop publishing untruths. Has nothing to do with whether Roosh is whatever you wanna call him. And I have no independent knowledge of whether those statements are true or false.

Rvo384 likes this.
  20. NewAge

NewAge Member

Isn’t Iko/Athletic significant? He’s platforming him.
    That’s not like some of us anon randos blowing off steam on Clutchfans.
    If it’s all made up, you bet his team will be taking action…