1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clock is ticking on Jalen from Ime and Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 15, 2024.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The funny thing is, what Roosh said, was 100% correct, but Jalen apparently doesn't listen to anyone....

DD

AroundTheWorld and cml750 like this.
  2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Roosh is a peasant to Jalen. Why would Jalen be obligated to respond to that nimrod?

3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

According to who?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, duh, Roosh is probably a douche himself but he brings content........I actually wish there was Roosh around when Harden and CP3 had that mini fall out on the court and somebody actually was close to it.

Even if Roosh tried to lecture to Harden about basketball.......:D which would be hilarious in itself.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Or whom?

cml750 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Politicians respond to peasant. Don't peasants have the voting rights?

7. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Okay I get how this devolved now. Thanks.

HardenReturns, cml750 and daywalker02 like this.
  8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I don't know if you go into the season with Jalen though, because the off season is the busiest time for Stone, and the opportunity for him to get some value on Jalen, trying to make a mid season trade next year if he starts out slow is going to involve significant risk. Time is truly running out on Jalen, Jabari i think is fine and we have some time. Even though Jalen is not a max player, I think another team could still over pay him and we do not match and lose him for nothing. He also seems unhappy here and seems to be thinking it is the system, so I can see him demanding a trade. If KJ can demand out, then Jalen can as well. Draft night may be our best bet to make something happen unless he shows something in the next 30 games.

Jalen in a redraft I believe has been ranked 8th, and honestly think the 6th-8th pick in redrafts is accurate for him. This is a relatively weaker draft than his draft class, so if a team is willing to give up a 6th to 8th pick for him, I think that is decent value and would require we make the move this summer.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

what a soft ass fan base. Is this some zoomer thing or what?

cml750 and daywalker02 like this.
  10. cml750

cml750 Member

Hate?? I do not hate Jalen. He is simply a really bad basketball player who is still starting on my favorite team. I am ready for them to move on from him. I do think there is a good chance he becomes an attitude problem when the inevitable happens in a few weeks especially after the recent revelations. And yes I do happen to believe they are true based on the reaction of other people who cover the Rockets via social media like the Chop Shop guy. He will end up being the biggest bust in the Teams history based on where he was drafted.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

*Jalen has his latest bad game (at the time)
    *Roosh says Jalen should come off the bench
    *Jalen 5 minutes after a game DMs Roosh, cursing up a storm, saying he’s not a sixth man & isn’t being used properly
    *They take conversation to phone instead of DMs
    *Roosh gives Jalen basketball tips; Jalen has his hot streak/improved play
    *So why are you saying this now a month+ after the fact? Well Ime said he might change the starting lineup! If Ime doesn’t say that, I never release this information!
    *So like any proof? Any screenshots? Dude trust me bro! I’ve already blasted Jalen and made him look crazy/silly but believe me bro, he doesn’t want these screenshots out! I’m doing him a favor! If you don’t believe me bro, I’m gonna block you!

:D

[​IMG][​IMG]

#391 J.R., Feb 16, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    GOATuve, Mathloom, Reeko and 7 others like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This must be like when Cults have their followers flocking to their every need.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's just fanboi b****assness. They are upset their guy is a failure, so they are lashing out at anyone who points out flaws.

cml750 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is funny because one of the only ways Green can turn this around is being close to a 6th man......

Him refusing to be a 6th man flat out is him being ignorant to reality. Him rejecting 6th man type of salary.

HardenReturns and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  15. cml750

cml750 Member

Nobody is going to give up a lottery pick for Jalen unless we include other valuable assets.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well done @J.R. some of my favs bolded -- is this dude delusional because it's hard to imagine JG rushing to the locker room to read tweets and hop into DMs 5 minutes after the game ended.

"I sent him encouraging messages...looks like you're doing things we talked about".

JG must have hit the archives to watch Rip and Reggie film as instructed. The problem is if Jalen is yelling and threatening while he's sitting in the locker right after a game how were you able to have a conversation teaching JG to use advanced basketball tactics like moving off ball and lowering your shoulder on drives... [I'm seeing some major holes in this story].

#396 KingCheetah, Feb 16, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
    J.R. and WestendMassive like this.
  17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I think an 8th pick in a weaker draft is not too far off. That is where he would be in a redraft of his stronger draft class. He is 21 years old, and you sell it as him not being a fit for our system. Most of the league thinks the Rockets are a bad org, many players have been saying it is the org, so let them think that. Harden left disgruntled, WB did as well, EG was a professional but still seemed unhappy, KJ demanded out, John Wall and Carmelo have continuously said bad things about the organization as well as KJ's dad, and we all saw Wemby nearly jump out of his seat in excitement when he knew he was going anywhere but Houston and that is with Ime up there on the stage waiting on the draft order, so that means so many people are talking about the org.. Ime has not fixed everything overnight, and we shouldn't really expect him to. You kind of know what you are starting out with when you take a 21 year old who has played against NBA talent for three years like Jalen, but when you are drafting 19-20 year olds that may have been playing against weaker college lineups at a school that had an easier schedule, then it is a bit riskier.

People seem to be saying this year's draft is fairly weak, I say this because our own pick from Brooklyn is going to be around 8-10 and people don't really seem to excited about it. If Jalen was not on the Rockets and say was on the Pistons and had similar results, I can almost guarantee you people here would be thinking Ime and the Rockets could fix him and we would be proposing a trade for our Brooklyn pick to take a flyer on a recent #2 overall pick. People think a change of scenery / staff can have a big impact. I imagine an org like Miami has a shot at fixing him. If he goes to another team and looks the same, then yeah I can see the league giving up on him. Part of the sales pitch is that he has regressed under this system, you can blame Silas and then you can blame Ime if you are another team. I am not saying Ime is an issue, but other teams and outsiders I think can be convinced when you look at his overall career trajectory and the flashes they have seen. Outsiders saw a disastrous overall few years under Silas, and have seen Jalen specifically regress under a new system. Realistically if you put Jalen in the 21, 22,23, or 24 draft, he would still go top 10.

#397 BallSoHarden, Feb 16, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
  18. OpportunityCost

Jalen is two years away from being six years away.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is not anywhere away, just a lower IQ type of player he was since High School and Ignite.

The only improvements are he rebounds a tad better and he can make a pass now.

And he is not totally shet on Defense but that comes and goes.

REEKO_HTOWN and HardenReturns like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Anyone who understands the game of basketball.

And it is "According to whom"....

;)

DD

cml750 likes this.