1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clock is ticking on Jalen from Ime and Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 15, 2024.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Amen shoots even worse than Jalen. Cam should start at the 2.

clos4life, Corrosion, topfive and 2 others like this.
  2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I mean, he's not being used in the way that he wants to be used where they let him just run around and do whatever he felt like doing. Hell, I'd like to work that way too! The organization ****ed up ROYALLY by letting Jalen think that Silas was a good role model for how basketball should be played. They damaged his development for two years, and now that's the style that he seems to expect and he's not as productive without it. I've seen this movie before and it doesn't end well. The writing is on the wall.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Believe me my friend, wish I was wrong....Gracias, just the same.

BallSoHarden and cml750 like this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So you're saying the team will look better with Cam starting just so Im crystal clear?

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't know. Unfortunately, I think the team would look better with any average shooting guard who is not a big negative on defense, who is not mentally weak, and who can shoot close to 40 % on threes.

I'm pretty sure we would look better with freaking Buddy Hield.

I'll just leave this here. ESPN Player Rater for SG eligible players.

[​IMG]

BallSoHarden likes this.
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

the team will look better with Amen starting in my opinion.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Similarly we wont win jack sht with our "star" taking 73% of his shots inside of 10 feet.

34to11 likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

But he knows about it and doesn't keep jacking them up, so his overall FG % is much higher than Jalen's. And he is pretty much better at everything else than Jalen except 3-point shooting and free throws.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Lets do it! I think the time has come to mix and match the starters/bench so that all of the Junior GMs can get a better picture of the "issues".

topfive likes this.
  10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Gimme MOAR Slam Whitmore!!!

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Fair enough, you think one cannot win jack sht with a shot chart like this?

[​IMG]

clos4life likes this.
  12. cml750

cml750 Member

Short term maybe yes / maybe no. Long term 100% yes. Even it is to find out Cam is not the the guy we have seen in his bright flashes. We know 100% Jalen is not the guy.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wouldn't mind Cam getting the start if JG doesn't get it together quickly after the all-star break -- this season is a bust anyway.

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Whether its accurate or not, i dont like yhis type of back stabby reporting from Roosh.

I imagine he loses all "friendly" relationships from players he may have developed.

If this was on the record, he would have reported it then after that game. This seems like hes airing dirty laundry and breaching trust to gain a scoop on a developing story. Distasteful imo.

That aside, it appears Ime has reach his limit with Green. I dont even think Jalen was playing bad enough to be benched last night, but hes obviously not doing enough "hustle".

Thats why tate and holiday continue getting minutes even though they are not good, they hustle. Running around with max effort is something very important to Ime and something that Jalen has ALWAYS lacked.

Its not surprising either, that some of Jalens best games are when hes hustling constantly. It really helps his athleticism shine and overshadows his absolute terrible efficiency.

He does do things well at times, here and there, divided between different games, he shows all the seperate things individually to be very good. He just cant do them all together at the same time.

He will attack rebounds great for a few games then be more mediocre. He will have great passing and vision, then become confused on reads. He will attack the rim relentlessly and draw fouls and make buckets, then start settling for jumpers.

Hes the definition of inconsistent, and right now hes just terrible at converting shots. He was 2 for 3 attacking last night, yet had 4 3s instead that he missed all of them.

He should be attacking the rim 2 or 3 times per each 3pt attempt, rather than a 1 to 1 ratio. Hes got incredible speed and athleticism, he needs to be using that to attack and chase down rebounds.

Effort isnt a skill issue, he needs to be better with effort and caring.

Period.

TriumVirate, saleem, gotsis and 9 others like this.
  15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If we would just hit 3s at a high rate, no one would be that upset lol. Problem is that he can't even do that consistently, especially when he is wide open. Makes no sense.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Sigh. Using Jokic to prop up Sengun is such a travesty.

34to11 likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

But we have a 19 year old who can do just that..:

18. Nook

Nook Member

There is a lot that has gone into where we are now and the situation with Jalen Green.

The organization shares some of this blame - and Jalen deserves some as well.

I will just say that I do not think that the mix of the Rockets/Stone/Silas and a 19 year old Jalen Green was good.

John Wall is far from perfect - but what he said about the Rockets younger players and this organization pre Udoka was largely true.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think Cam can be a secondary ballhandler/playmaker though, and Dillon certainly can't do it. Sengun eases the need for that a little bit, but mainly in the halfcourt--he isn't the guy you want helping bring up the ball.

Personally, I like the idea of an Amen/FVV backcourt. They're both smart players who make everyone better on both ends. Amen doesn't fix our spacing issues, but at least he's not wasting a bunch of possessions on bad shots like Jalen does. He improves our transition game and rim pressure a great deal and tightens up our defense.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You said one cannot win jack sht with a shot chart like that.