1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clock is ticking on Jalen from Ime and Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 15, 2024.

1. plegus

plegus Member

This is not an opinion, it is used for said purpose, that is why I pointed it out. I am generally trying not to offend but I am not super familiar with the exact borders. Please remove it for me if possible, since I can not.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. cml750

cml750 Member

I still had high hopes for Jalen to start this season. I hoped he would accel under Ime. As the season drug on my opinion of him dropped a little further each game he played like **** (which is most of them) to the point now I could not care less if they cut his ass today. Stone screwed up not trading him for whatever he could get at the deadline. Of course other GM's aren't totally blind so he may not have received any offers that did not involve moving other assets that have real value.

clutchdabear likes this.
  3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

They have turned on Udoka. There has already been grumblings amongst their lowly ranks. Who they will never turn on or fault is their God Sengun who they pray to faithfully to save our franchise.

rocketchamp and gfab-babyboi like this.
  4. cdastros

cdastros Member

5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

who the fuc% is roosh but a sorry ass rapper with fake ass dubious journalistic credentials

rockets1995, rocketchamp and Jontro like this.
  6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

This is what I don’t get with people like you. You sound hurt. Did he fuc% ur wife or husband? Did he lay a hand on your child? Maybe he cheated on you with another man? If not then what’s all the hatred for? Really. Ridiculous. Fruitless. Instead of support and faith in him you and people like you have turned on him meanwhile you all have put full faith in Sengun. If Sengun keeps playing inconsistent as he has been for 7 weeks, I highly doubt you people would turn on him as you did with Jalen. The hatred runs deep. It’s very interesting why you people keep hating, scapegoating, and witch hunting. Miserable and bitter haters I suppose.

7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

It’s crazy. That’s why I say again the hatred and bias is deeper. It’s beyond basketball lol.

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

But this is just a small representation of the entire fan base. I have faith that there are many real fans who support the players and coaches aren’t consistently getting on this damn site attacking Green or insert any player not named Sengun here.

rocketchamp and rockets1995 like this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Attacking the messenger because they don't like the message is so politics !

DD

persian hoopa and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. maypk

maypk Member

Did Sengun f*ck your wife?

#370 maypk, Feb 16, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    HardenReturns likes this.
  11. WestendMassive

Been watching this unfold on Twitter and through this thread and while I don't doubt that Jalen DM'd Roosh and abused him for his hot takes, there is a lot about Roosh's recollection that doesn't stack up

He says he responded to Jalen's abuse by politely asking him to get on the phone and "talk basketball", and in that conversation he gave him basketball advice??

In what world is Roosh qualified to give basketball advice to anyone? And Roosh is out here crying crocodile tears because an NBA player didn't want to hear a word of his advice??

Did he expect Jalen to say "Yes Mr Lawyer, rapper, podcast guy, I will get straight onto YouTube to load up some Rip Hamilton highlights, thankyou for your ultimate wisdom my friend." ???

Get in the bin Roosh, don't lie to make yourself look good or get extra listeners on your podcast.

Edit: this is in no way a defence of Jalen Green. He's not good and I can't wait for the day Woj drops the bomb that he's gone

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Roosh, Kelly Iko, Chop Shop, Jackson Gatlin, Yung Mustard.

These Scum Bags are really Toxic for Rockets Players.

I really Feel bad for our Young Players to Endure their constant Hate, Criticism.

The Rockets Core is around 21 years old. They still need more games to Develop, Bodies to get Stronger, Grow into their Bodies, Jalen Green and Jabari Smith Especially.

Both of Them need a Off Season, Getting Bigger and Stronger, Work on their Ball Handling and Shooting.

I do appreciate Jalen Green and Jabari Smith playing Games and not missing Games when they are injured. Most Star Players Miss Games when they get injured Zion Williamson, Ben Simmons for Example.

I respect the Rockets Players for that.

rocketchamp, Stephen_A and Jontro like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Roosh: After the Sixers blew the Rockets out last month, Jalen Green very angrily told me “I’m not being used properly” and “I’m not no 6th man” — this was in response to me saying that Cam Whitmore should start at SG. So it will be very interesting to see how he responds to possibly losing his spot in the starting lineup. Whether or not he’s mature enough to accept and grow from it remains to be seen. This interaction also made me sincerely question how he will approach extension talks.

tweeter: Soooo... what's the proper way of using a dude who can't shoot, can't defend, can't play winning basketball?

Roosh: I told him to watch some Rip Hamilton and Reggie Miller film to learn how to use his athletic ability off the ball. I also told him to learn how to drive his shoulder into defenders at the rim. Right after this convo, he started going off. And then he fell back off.

tweeter: In what context would you have said to Jalen Green “someone else should start over you”?

Roosh: It started with a tweet.

tweeter: Like did he say this to you in person or via dm

Roosh: We had a brief conversation. He was not happy with me.

tweeter: If this is true why are telling now??

Roosh: Because Ime made comments about changing the starting lineup and Jalen Green didn’t play the last quarter and a half. So it’s relevant.

Roosh: He initiated the convo. He could’ve said nothing.

tweeter: You said it was in response to you saying Cam should start. He did the right thing.

Roosh: Yes it was in response to me tweeting that. He had the option of ignoring a tweet he wasn’t tagged in. He chose otherwise.

Roosh: Ime mentioned lineup changes and Jalen was benched again, so it was an appropriate time to mention it. My hope was that it would never be relevant enough to mention.

tweeter: I thought roosh said that Jalen yelled at him when they were on the phone call together. I could be wrong tho.

Roosh: Correct. I’ve unblocked you so plz do not troll me anymore, or I’ll block again

tweeter: Roosh I am curious why is this information out just now?

Roosh: Because the topic of benching a starter (most likely him) wasn’t legitimately mentioned until last night by Udoka.

tweeter: How did Roosh have this scoop and nobody else? Roosh doesn’t have media access, no?

Roosh: Because #RooshKnows

Roosh: Well those folks should learn what the hell theyre talking about before they speak on it. If I walk up to you outta nowhere and start a convo by cussing you out and then come back a few weeks later to continue cussing you out (unprompted), along with saying other things, then you don’t owe me any duty of confidentiality whatsoever. I talk to multiple players and the ones who conduct themselves like normal, civil people get respect and I don’t compromise anything they say. If they do what he did and unilaterally go on profanity-laced tirades (repeatedly) without any reasonable expectation of privacy or confidentiality then it’s all fair game.

tweeter: Releasing DM speak is kinda wack but I get what you saying. Play better

Roosh: Lol man if I came at you saying what he said then you’d understand. Phone convo as well btw. There was no friendly sit down. It was dude coming at me with threats talking crazy and me just trying to calm him down, but he kept going. Not my fault he can’t behave.

tweeter: Ahhh yeah I feel it. Threats coming from him is CRAZY

Roosh: Exactly. Talking to me like that…ok…but I owe you nothing. And I only brought it up because coach is implying he might bench him, so it’s directly relevant.

tweeter: At least you were straightforward with him. Curious, did you verbally tell him to his face “hey Jalen, Cam Whitmore should start at SG” or did he read a tweet and recognized you and said this? What was the setting/situation? Seems a bit random that he would just come up to you

Roosh: Read a tweet —> DMd me is where it started. I did not randomly go up to him and say he should be benched. Anyone who thinks that isn’t using their brain (respectfully — not insulting you).

tweeter: why did you feel the need to speak about it?

Roosh: Because Udoka mentioned a potential lineup change postgame last night, and Jalen missed the last 18 min of the game and is the most likely candidate to get benched. So it’s relevant. Either you want the facts or you don’t.

tweeter: I mean all we are asking for is some proof, maybe a screenshot or sum just to prove that what you are saying is true.

Roosh: Trust me, I’m doing him a favor by not doing that.

tweeter: They both pretty outta line if u ask me.. like waiting until he has one his worst games and don’t even play most the 3rd or the 4th to put all this mess out there and right before the all star break.. seems idk sketchy why not put it out a couple weeks ago

Roosh: No it ain’t. Only mentioned it bc his head coach is talking about benching him, so it’s directly relevant. Yall gotta zoom out and be as objective as you can.

Roosh: He DMd me. And we had a phone convo. I put it all in the new podcast we did today.

tweeter: Holding onto it until the best moment and tweeting it like a report when you're someone trying to build a platform as a sports media figure is corny

Roosh: No -- corny would be "omg Jalen Green cussed me out" as soon as it happens. Being responsible is only bringing it up because it's actually relevant to the head coach talking about something he specifically mentioned. And I'm not a sports media figure. I'm just a dude.

Roosh: let me be clear, as I say in the video: I respect privacy. Have had many convos with players and I say nothing. But if you come at me with the threats and wild disrespect, I owe you absolutely nothing. I tried to smooth it out multiple times but he maintained the disrespect.

Roosh: I only brought it up because it’s relevant to Udoka’s presser. No lineup changes mentioned by Udoka and I probably just sit on this like I had been.

Roosh: Here is the full layout of the Jalen Green situation from the first episode of Let’s Talk #Rockets

(Who is the other guy? Frank? I’m not on Rockets twitter)
    Frank: It is real. I can vouch for it. It is real interactions.

Roosh: Only reason I bring it up is because of Udoka’s comments. … A month ago, Rockets played the Sixers. They get blown out. Green had a really bad game. I tweeted something to the effect of “I’m ready for Green to come off the bench.” I was indicating that it’s time for Cam but I didn’t mention Cam, just Jalen. 5 minutes after the buzzard sounds, I have a DM. I look at it, I saw Jalen’s name. I looked closer, it’s actually him. … We transitioned from DM to phone conversation. It was brief. He wasn’t happy on the phone. Wasn’t happy in the DMs, wasn’t happy on the phone. He said “I ain’t no sixth man.” The other was “I’m not being used properly.” … Long story short, we talked. I said my peace. A couple times after that, I sent him encouraging messages after games he played well. Last thing I told him, “Hey, looks like you’re doing some things we talked about on the phone and it’s working.” He came back and basically was rude yet again and was the last I heard from him.

Roosh: If you’re talking about this specific interaction, it’s only because I gained information relevant to Udoka’s postgame comments last night, and the info I gained was gained in a context that did not deserve the protection of privacy

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fake insider with the same after-the-fact reporting on KPJ.

“I gained info relevant to what Udoka said last night but I reported it month(s) after the fact.”
    “And Kevin did this but I just gained that info and didn’t have it then so I’m reporting it 1/2 years later.”

Sources: Green is beside himself. Driving around downtown Houston begging (thru texts) Roosh’s family for address to Roosh’s home

:D:rolleyes:

15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Roosh wants to be like Shams Charania, another Snake.

Stephen_A and WestendMassive like this.
  16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Houston Rockets need to Cancel most of the Media Yappers on YouTube.

Just Cancel their Toxic Channels and Replace Them.

Stephen_A likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Well Roosh is right, Jalen shouldn't even be DMing someone when they talk about him...that is bush league of him.

No one is talking about how **** Jalen has been - that is the issue, if he had developed, we would all be celebrating, now, I can't wait for the door knob to hit him in the ass on the way out.

DD

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol fool. If you think i have spewed the same bullshi* as you then you definitely have not read my posts. Btw come up with new material on a clap back please your shi+ is corny

20. WestendMassive

****ing LOL this has to be the best take on this drama