1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers Rob the Bulls.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Puedlfor, Jun 27, 2001.

1. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Member

Elton Brand

for

Chandler
    Brian Skinner.

Ridiculous, that is incredibly lopsided. Krause is a moron.

------------------

2. Behad

Behad Member

Look out Western conference. The Clippers look tough.

I agree, Krause is an idiot.

------------------
    Beware the blank post!

Ain't Miss Be haven!

3. Behad

Behad Member

Someone explain to me how this trade is better for the Bulls than what we were offering?

------------------
    Beware the blank post!

Ain't Miss Be haven!

4. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Member

Apparently our trade was too fair.

Now everyone is going to rush to trade with the Bulls.

5. ZRB

ZRB Member

6. rock

rock Member

Yeah. The Bulls screwed themselves over. And we have yet another strong team in the West. Damn them!

------------------

7. saleem

saleem Member

This trade will make the Clippers a strong team who can even make it the playoffs in a couple of years.
    Krause was lucky in getting Curry and Chandler is talented but giving up Brand is going to hurt the Bulls for quite some time.
    Krause thinks he is super smart but the Bulls are going to be in the lottery for a long time unless they get lucky in free agency.

------------------

8. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

The Bulls are rolling the dice with a front line of Curry, Chandler and Fizer. They are still weak in the backcourt however.

Trading an established player like Brand for a high school kid (Chandler) is a joke.

Sure glad I'm not a bulls fan.

------------------
    "For there is nothing either good or bad, thinking makes it so."
    - William Shakespeare (1564-1616), Hamlet

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The West is even stronger now - the Rockets and the Clippers became A LOT stronger tonight. The Clips' lineup is actually quite scary now, they have so much pure talent on their roster:
    PG: McInnis/Dooling
    SG: Maggette/Richardson/Piatkowski
    SF: Odom/Miles
    PF: Brand
    C: Olowokandi

That team so talented!! But I think they need some veteran help...let's be generous and give them Walt and Cato for Miles (or Maggette or Richardson)/Olowokandi...

10. RocksMillenium

What on earth was Chicago thinking? Logic says that the Bulls should try and beef up their backcourt. The Payton rumors make sense, but this? It's a nice front court, who's going to get them the ball? They better hope Crawford matures soon, or that they get a veteran PG like Mookie Blaylock, or trade for a quality passing PG like Brevin Knight. That is the only thing I can see that would make this deal logical.

------------------
    "Win if you can, lose if you must but always cheat!" - Jesse Ventura

11. Vengeance

Vengeance Member

Ya know, I think Chandler is the best player in the whole draft, but at first I really thought this was a bad trade. After thinking about it, I think it's not necessarily a TERRIBLE trade. They'll have to start a lot of HS and they will suck for a while (like they already did).

C - Curry
    PF - Fizer
    SF - Chandler
    SG - ?
    PG - ?

I think Brian Skinner is a waste. If they got Keyon Dooling or Corey Maggette instead, it would've been a good trade.

------------------
    CC.net's most courteous driver

Oh yeah, and I'm looking for a job right now, so hire me please :)

12. Swopa

Swopa Member

Here's my take on what the Bulls are thinking:

Jerry Krause just tried to buy himself 2-3 more years of job security.

"Yes, our record is bad again this year, but we have two very young potential superstars, and we have to give them time to develop."

------------------

[This message has been edited by Swopa (edited June 27, 2001).]

13. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Member

Great trade for Clips as all you can tell. They partying over here in LA!

Good idea by bulls, fizer can now play the position he's best suited for. Bulls frontcourt now is a rotation of fizer, curry, and chandler. SF is Artest, SG is Mercer, and PG Crawford. They are VERY young, and will struggle for 3 years...but in the meantime they get 3 more quality players for depth, and sign some vets with the cash they have.

------------------
    Draftsource.net

14. Steve_Francis_rules

Every time I think the Bulls might be taking a step in the right direction, Krause makes a move.

------------------

15. rimbaud

rimbaud Member
    Supporting Member

That dumb Dr Jack is saying the Bulls are better because now they have Chandler and Curry, instead of just Brand, because Brand couldn't do anything on his own (as if the trade was Curry and Chand for Brand).

Uh, yeah, Ramsay...good call.

------------------
    Squatting on old bones and excrement and rusty iron, in a white blaze of heat, a panorama of naked idiots stretches to the horizon. Complete silence-their speech centers are destroyed-except for the crackle of sparks and the popping of singed flesh as they apply electrodes up and down the spine. White smoke of burning flesh hangs in the motionless air. A group of children have tied an idiot to a post with barbed wire and built a fire between his legs and stand watching with bestial curiosity as the flames lick his thighs. His flesh jerks in the fire with insect agony.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

I don't think it's that bad a move. Brand will never be the best player in the league. There's more of a chance that either Chandler and/or Curry has that potential. Since the best player in the league usually always wins the championship, this move makes sense.

17. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Member

I really questioned this trade too. I mean to give up the co-rookie of the year from two years ago...20 pts and 10 rebounds a game for a potential star. Curry and Chandler. Then I started thinking that this is not all to it. You wouldn't trade a star for a potential star.
    Just a few days ago all the talk was about New Jersey sending Marbury to the Clippers for the 2nd over-all pick. There has also been talk of Van Horn. I can't help but think that maybe the Bull's are after Marbury or Van Horn?

------------------
    "Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter" -- Jack Benny

18. Vengeance

Vengeance Member

So, gettinbranded . . . I guess it's gettinchandlered? or is it gettincurryd now? [​IMG]

maybe gettinfizered?

------------------
    CC.net's most courteous driver

Oh yeah, and I'm looking for a job right now, so hire me please :)

19. Greg#3

Greg#3 Member

Last year, the Clips screwed the Bulls by taking Darius Miles at #3. This year, they take Elton Brand for the #2 pick. I think the Clippers are downright scary now. Watch out!!!

With that being said, Chandler-Fizer-Curry could be the best frontcourt in 5 years if everyone of them lives up to their potential. That will be a scary team to face down the road IF the Bulls can hang on to all of those guys.

------------------
    President of the Eddie Griffin fan club.

20. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Still gettinbranded. [​IMG]

I didn't like the trade at first, and I think we should have maybe gotten more for Elton, but I really understand what he's doing.

Elton was Elton and thats all that he was. He wasn't going to get better, and he wasn't going to be the go-to guy franchise player that you make the cornerstone of your team.

So he took a chance, a really big chance, on a player who can be a star. If this were our first year of rebuilding, and we'd acquired both these players in the draft they'd be dancing in the streets. We might after the kids get a chance to grow.

Time will tell. But for now, I say good move Krause. Good gutsy move. Ya gotta do that sometimes.

------------------