1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers or Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coog4Rockets, Apr 28, 2015.

?

Who would you rather play in the 2nd round?

1. LA Clippers

276 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. SA Spurs

322 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Whatever the matchup is, we better win the first two games.

Hoping to sweep and win the first 4, but we better win the first two or else our Rockets won't be in a good position.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Clippers,

we have a better bench

they wont hack because we will hack jordan

they have no one to cover james.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The only bench Clippers need is Crawford. Crawford has said time and time again he loves Toyota center.

4. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

We are the number two seed for a reason, and this team is better than the one who got the 2 seed.

No fear.

DD

6. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Either team we face will be tough. I just hope Rockets come out focused and ready to attack on all cylinders

7. HTM

HTM Member

I feel more confident in our chances more now than ever... both the Spurs and Clippers are flawed enough for us to take.... Spurs (not playing well and possibly worn down) Clips (One of the shallowest teams in the league, they've got like 5.5 good players)

8. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I'd love Dwight to get in a FT contest with Jordan, hack away.

9. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

i choose spurs so i dont have to stay up till 1 am lol

10. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I think either way you'll be up. You're forgetting that if the Rockets play the Clips, the pacific time zone is a B! Especially for me cuz I'm on the East Coast lol.

11. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

lmao who's the .5?

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I really see no clear cut favorite out of the two, I'm just glad it went 7.

13. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I completely agree. The Clippers have absolutely no bench (besides Crawford) and no real backup center. If Harden can get Jordan and Griffin in foul trouble and Crawford plays like a human then I think the Rockets win. Dwight would destroy Hawes and Big Baby. Chris Paul will get his points regardless of what happens. Reddick worries me though, he has been playing very well recently.

I would like to play the Spurs for personal reasons but I think the Rockets would fair better against the Clippers. Spurs are just too good in the playoffs.

14. Convictedstupid

Agreed. Pros and Cons to playing either but I think it going to 7 may give the Clippers the edge of who I would rather play. That starting unit is going to be much more tired.

15. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

The other advantage is that Big Baby may not even be available. He hurt his ankle yesterday, and they said it was a sprain. The way he came down in it definitely didn't look like a sprain. Could potentially be worse than a sprain. Of course I'm no doctor, so I could be way off abt it.

I'm really torn tho - Spurs just for the fact that the team can finally get some respect for knocking off the Defending champs and Pop, but again, it's Pop and the Spurs. Can't ever count them out. And you know they're gonna go with Hack A whoever.

Clippers would be a better matchup, but I'd be worried abt the Clips getting away with flop after flop like the Mavs did. On the flip side, there won't any Hack A.

At the end of the day, I don't really care. It's gonna be tough regardless and wouldn't be surprised if the next series went 7.

16. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Barnes probably.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not fear. But the #2 seed is nothing. We had the same record as the Clippers and are only one game ahead of the Spurs and the Grizzlies.

The only reason we have a higher seeding than the Clippers is the dumb division title thing, which is the most meaningless "title" in all sports. I am not complaining though. The HCA might prove to be huge.

Anyway, to say that we are better than them because we have a higher seeding is just not the reality.

18. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

I'm thinking more and more that the Spurs offer the better chance for us to advance. The Clippers strengths are our biggest weaknesses - power forward and point guard. Deandre Jordan neutralizes Dwight and Jamal Crawford will wreak havoc against us. All of this against our mismatch with Harden and I think the Clippers come out ahead.

The Spurs have a better coach and a great wing defender with Leonard, but the rest of the team is old and tired.

1 person likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

They were relatively healthy all year, our players missed out on so many games, with health we are challenging Golden State for best record.

DD

20. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

This. The Clippers' mismatch advantages over us outweigh our mismatch advantage over them. I was hoping the old Spurs had one more overachievement in them, to take out the Clips, before they succumbed to us. Maybe they still do.

Well, at least it's going 7. And if the Clips come at us, looks their bench will be that much thinner.