1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers or Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coog4Rockets, Apr 28, 2015.

?

Who would you rather play in the 2nd round?

1. LA Clippers

276 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. SA Spurs

322 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I feel the rockets are too quick for the Spurs, just like the series between Spurs and OKC years ago, and OKC won it.

2. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

I voted Spurs. Because I 930 starts screw with my work schedule.

3. rocketsmetalspd

I voted Spurs because to be the best you have to beat the best! I am tired of the Spurs fanatics down here and their trash talking would nice to shut them up once again!:grin::grin:

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

I prefer the Spurs. Not because of match ups, but because I want the back-to-back Texas rivalries to play out, so if/when we win, we can say we were the best Texas team this year.

6. OpenLayup-Why3?

Spurs are not playing like Spurs so far. Tons of isolations, tons of Parker who is killing them. I think Rockets really have a chance to give them fight since Houston is really good defending rival team's isolations.

7. OpenLayup-Why3?

Though hack our frontline may destroy us like it destroyed Clippers in game 5

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Let's keep it in Texas.

And yes, I'll take more 7 and 8pm starts. No 9:30 starts, please.

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

End of the day both match ups definitely will cause us problems. It's basically pick your poison. The team just has to show up, play solid ball and can't make the stupid mistakes we did in the first round.

Every time we were on a good run we got really careless and just let teams back in it. You can't do that will the Spurs especially. They take punches and just slowly chip their way back in it.

10. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

11. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

We have a very good chance to beat either team to the WCF.

Clippers' Griffin will certainly use his match-up to their advantage, and Jones will probably see less floor time. We don't have PB, so it's going to be harder to defend CP3. Ariza will share some of that load, and I think it's still manageable.

On the other hand, nobody can handle Howard, and Jordan will be in early foul trouble. They don't have anyone to defend James effectively. So, even just exchange punches, we should be come on top.

Spurs are way too old and banged up. We know TD is great, even at 39, and his presence and leadership lifted them to win 2 road games so far. But Manu, the usual real threat from the bench is almost a pure negative now. Parker is hurting and not efficient at all, even just at offensive end. Spliter is too injured to even play 10 mins against Howard. So Dwight would have an even bigger advantage. Kawahi is the one who can seriously defend James, and demand attention at our defensive end.

I would say we have upper hand against either team, because both James and Howard are matured, and Howard will dominant anyone they throw at him. If I have a choice, I'd rather face Clippers, simply because I respect TD and Pop a lot more, especially in playoffs.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Spurs, the leauge will ban the hack-a after we play them in the offseason.

13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Ahhh, that's why they were the second seed, and Spurs and Clips were not. Interesting viewpoint.

I am curious....are you willing to put your money where your (big) mouth is? Not in the same league...so you must be saying win 1 game at most? Put $100 on it? Or just talkin' smack outta yo ass?

(and I'm a Mavs fan)

14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Clippers because they can't stop Harden, we have a muuuuuuuch better bench and they will have played seven games with long travel times while we rest. Paul would eat us alive but I don't think he can beat us alone and he would have to. Not to mention it's better to have HCA against someone not in Texas.

Perhaps also very important, I'm more comfortable with McHale going up against Doc Rivers than Greg Popovich.

#215 Mathloom, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

we dont have to play them head to head to be called the best team in texas. if we win a title we are the best by default

17. adobo

adobo Member

I would choose Clippers....i really feel we would be favourites to beat them in a 7 game series.....

If we played the Spurs, whose core has had multiple championship runs, has been in the playoffs for the past 18 seasons......they undoubtedly have the best chemistry and the most experience out of any teams....i feel they will just seize the big moments, make the right plays when the game is close

Spurs has not played to there potential against the Clippers....yet they are ahead 3-2 going back to SA. They just find a way to win....and i really feel we have some weaknesses that will get exposed if we played the Spurs....

Best scenario, Clippers win out in 7 vs Spurs.....there bench is thin and I really think they cannot stop Harden....we would be favourites for sure

18. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

This is a tough call. I am leaning spurs because I think we are more athletic. However, I am concerned leonard can put a hurt on Harden. Clips may have a short bench, but can we stop Griffin and Paul? They scare me a bit.

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Clippers cause i wanna see austrid rivers cry

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You're talking to a person who vowed he would stop following the team if Jeremy Lin got traded, so there's that.