1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers meltdown

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by split41, Mar 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Here is my take on the LAC:
    They are a mentally weak team full of divas ran by a HC who's loyalty to players reminds me to that of Gary Kubiak. LA needed a scorer BAD to plug into that starting lineup, they where going with Mbah a Moute as a liability to start the season but Doc soon fell in love with him bc of the defensive presence he brought to the table. However, we all know that he's a terrible scorer (much like Roberson for OKC). LAC where offered Melo for Mbah, Crawford, Rivers and a pick but ultimately turned it down bc Doc "the genius" didn't want to include Mbah in that trade stating "he was the heart of the team" ... I don't care if you are Trevor Ariza and GS is offering KD for him YOU TAKE THAT DEAL 10/10 times no matter if he IS the heart!
    Doc is his own demon who I have no sympathy for, especially for someone who goes into every DAMN season with JJ Redick as a starter along with a scrub at the the 3 position and thinking they will be ok because you have Blake (who's a defined choker) CP3 (who can't stay healthy) and DJ (who can't score or shoot FT's to save his career).
    LA needs a new leader and I have a feeling that happens at the end of this season if LA doesn't get out of the 2nd. They need a 3 and a SG NOT NAMED JJ REDICK who is more liable throughout the course of a WHOLE game and not just at the beginning of the game where he comes of a screen for a 3 and never is heard from again.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical said that the 76ers appear to be the favorites to sign J.J. Redick.

A return to the Clippers seems unlikely, as they won't have much financial flexibility if they re-sign Chris Paul and Blake Griffin to max deals. Redick is seeking $18-$20 million per season according to recent reports, and Philly has more than enough cap space to make that happen. Redick will be 33 in June, but he's coming off another strong season with averages of 15.0 points, 2.2 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 0.7 steals and 2.6 triples on 44.5 percent shooting. Wojnarowski added that the Nets and Knicks are also interested in the veteran SG.

(Don't think he said favorites but whatever...) J.J. Redick - will be in great demand, especially in the East - BRK, NY, PHI. $16M-$17M range

Vivi likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I like Redick, but if someone is willing to thorw him 20M per year, it shouldn't be that difficult to trade Anderson...

Caesar and Pen15clubber like this.
  4. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

he would be a great fit on philly. they need shooters and with simmons/embiid/3rd pick (jackson or fox most likely) he would get tons of great looks

5. dmoneybangbang

Smart-ish move by the Sixers.... JJ Reddick would fit and bring a great veteran presence but he is a 32 year old SG. I would try and get CJ McCollum from the Blazers if I were the Sixers.

#65 dmoneybangbang, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. Caesar

Caesar Member

JJ Redick would fit the Jazz best IMO with a resigned Hayward at SF and resigned Hill. They need to find a trade partner for Favors and Exum to get some depth + health in return.

Clippers need to trade DeAndre Jordan for depth and stop signing a bunch of late 30s vets and try and get some solid youth for depth. Resign CP3 and Blake and give them less minutes around 32mpg as an experiment to see if they can stay healthy together a full year, but they def. need to groom their own young players.

Pelicans are strange. They seem like they should be a contender on paper with Davis/Cousins/Jrue, but they just don't have anything else. I know Jrue had a good season, but i think they need a guy like DRose who can draw attention away from Davis and Cousins. Kyle Korver at SF, Sefolosha or T.Allen at SG? All those guys are still starter material on a team with Cousins and AD.

West can get very tough again next year. Look for T-Wolves and Nuggets to make a jump too.