1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers may be a option for Carmelo Anthony

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Posted August 23, 2010, 5:20 pm

On trading J.R. Smith and more Melo
    By Chris Dempsey

The news isn’t so much that the Nuggets are looking to trade J.R. Smith, a subject I discussed at length on 104.3 The Fan on Saturday, which included the item that the team had tried to move him on at least two occasions. That was the easy part as soon as Mark Warkentien, who routinely stood in the way of trading Smith, was let go. The question really is: Can the Nuggets move Smith?

The short answer is, yes, eventually. Working in the Nuggets favor is his expiring contract at a very economical $6.7 million. Working against the Nuggets is his baggage. It’s considerable. Consistent questionable actions on and off the court have damaged his value. So, either the Nuggets get a bit less than what they could have gotten for an athletic, 3-point shooter, or they package him up with another player to help bring back more value.

Either way, expect the Nuggets to continue to try and move him.

Meanwhile, if the Nuggets cannot convince Carmelo Anthony to sign an extension with the team and they decide to trade him at some point, could it be to the Los Angeles Clippers? I’m hearing it could be a possibility. It would get both he and his wife, La La, out to where entertainment opportunities are plentiful, which is key factor in their decision to want to move on. The Nuggets might be able to get a good young player or two or draft picks, and Anthony would be able to play on a team with some good up-and-coming talent.

Chris Dempsey: cdempsey@denverpost.com

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets...r.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If the Clippers weren't such a horribly run franchise, they could be really good, just by virtue of where they are located.

3. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets are getting played. Again.

4. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

I think Melo would be better served going to Houston, (the Clippers core consists of a bunch of kids, Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, and role players) but it looks like the wife is calling the shots. She seems to be just looking for a big market location that will further her career.

5. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Melo would never go to a team where it's "Kobe's city."

/thread

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

No decent NBA would waste their careers away in LA playing for the Clippers. No one is that stupid

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Signed,

Countless NBA boneheads

1 person likes this.
  8. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Hope we don't have an iPad waiting in the wings.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't want him so much anymore. If you even mention the Clippers as a option... you aren't right in the head.

10. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

What career?

1 person likes this.
  11. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

I don't see anywhere that it talks about what Carmelo wants. It strictly talks about what the Nuggets want. Ctrl+F Carmelo and you'll find that one out

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yeah it doesnt state where he's "hearing" this from...could be from Denver's front office and that doesnt mean Melo has asked for it...

13. 523744

523744 Member

I know right? its funny how these writers keep talking about her "career" she was an MTV VJ 5-8 years ago and has since been married and had a baby. I dont see much of an entertainment career :confused:

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Hmm you seem to forget the main players of the Clippers right now:

1. Blake Griffin
    2. Eric Gordon (really high on this guy, reminds of Brandon Roy)
    3. Al Farouq Aminu

IMHO if LBJ had no intention of staying with the cavs or going to the Nets he should have gone to the Clips. I'm sure Sterling would turned over his entire franchise to him. IMHO this is where Melo should go, Clips have high picks and other assets they can use to get him and he can go play with EG and BG.

15. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

a bit role in a lawrence fishburne's daughter film?

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

The Clippers will be much better this year. I still don't understand how that line-up has been so abysmal over the last few seasons. It's either Mike Dunleavy, or a disconnect between B-Diddy and Kaman.

That team is talented...I'm hoping they at least get over .500 this year.

17. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Huh? You must know him pretty well to know he's so shallow that he'd never go there for this silly reason. Melo to the Clippers seems like a longshot, but if he doesn't go there, I'm pretty sure it won't have anything to do with Kobe playing in Los Angeles.

18. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

If the Clippers trade for Melo, than Aminu would become expendable.

How about this trade proposal:

Chris Kaman
    Al Farouq Aminu
    Minnesota 2012 first round pick (unprotected)
    Detroit's 2011 second round pick

for

Carmelo Anthony

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Yeah I can definitely see him as a clipper :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[rquoter]It would get both he and his wife, La La, out to where entertainment opportunities are plentiful, which is key factor in their decision to want to move on. [/rquoter]

He seems like a guy you'd want to go to war with.