1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clippers.Com] Clippers Acquire Vladimir Radmanovic for Chris Wilcox

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by couch_pot8o, Feb 14, 2006.

1. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

here's the link...
    http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/radmanovic_060214.html

Clippers Acquire Radmanovic

POSTED: February 14th, 2006

Los Angeles Clippers Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor announced today that the team has acquired forward Vladimir Radmanovic from the Seattle SuperSonics in exchange for forward Chris Wilcox.

“Vladimir gives us versatility and he fits very well into our system,” Baylor said. “He’s agile and he runs the floor well. We see him playing multiple positions and his outside shooting will stretch the defense and be a big positive for our inside players.”

Radmanovic, in his fifth NBA season, has career averages of 10.1 points and 4.5 rebounds per game. The 6’10” Radmanovic is averaging 9.3 points, 4.0 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 23.2 minutes per game this season. He set a new career-high with 30 points at New York on January 8, 2006 and is shooting a career-best .887 from the free throw line this season.

Originally selected by Seattle with the 12th overall pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, Radmanovic has 11 games of playoff experience and helped lead Seattle to a 50-32 record last season, which was tops in the Northwest Division.

Wilcox averaged 6.5 points and 3.8 rebounds per game in three plus seasons with the Clippers after being selected by the team with the eighth overall selection in the 2002 NBA Draft. Wilcox is averaging 4.5 points and 3.6 rebounds per game this season, after averaging 7.9 points and 4.2 rebounds per game in 2004-05. Wilcox enjoyed his best NBA season in 2003-04, when he averaged career-highs of 8.6 points and 4.7 rebounds per game.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

For some reason I though Wilcox was better than his stats indicated. Whatever the case, Wilcox and Radman certainly have different styles. It should probably help the Clippers - with Elton playing so many minutes at the PF anyway, Radman can slide in at the 3 spot.

3. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

What is Wilcox's deal? 2 straight seasons with declining stats? He seems kind of Swifty. Am I wrong? Physically he's at least a 10/7 competant starting PF.

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Radmanovic is a better scorer/shooter and will give the Clippers more versatility IMO. I never feared Wilcox, so not sure what you meant by it should make things easier...

5. dream2franchise

Will he be cleared to play? I hope so, i don't wany any excuses when the Rox win about the Clips not having their full team, you know we can't get no respect from the media.

6. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/radmanovic_060214.html

Los Angeles Clippers Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor announced today that the team has acquired forward Vladimir Radmanovic from the Seattle SuperSonics in exchange for forward Chris Wilcox.

“Vladimir gives us versatility and he fits very well into our system,” Baylor said. “He’s agile and he runs the floor well. We see him playing multiple positions and his outside shooting will stretch the defense and be a big positive for our inside players.”

Radmanovic, in his fifth NBA season, has career averages of 10.1 points and 4.5 rebounds per game. The 6’10” Radmanovic is averaging 9.3 points, 4.0 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 23.2 minutes per game this season. He set a new career-high with 30 points at New York on January 8, 2006 and is shooting a career-best .887 from the free throw line this season.

Originally selected by Seattle with the 12th overall pick in the 2001 NBA Draft, Radmanovic has 11 games of playoff experience and helped lead Seattle to a 50-32 record last season, which was tops in the Northwest Division.

Wilcox averaged 6.5 points and 3.8 rebounds per game in three plus seasons with the Clippers after being selected by the team with the eighth overall selection in the 2002 NBA Draft. Wilcox is averaging 4.5 points and 3.6 rebounds per game this season, after averaging 7.9 points and 4.2 rebounds per game in 2004-05. Wilcox enjoyed his best NBA season in 2003-04, when he averaged career-highs of 8.6 points and 4.7 rebounds per game.

7. T-Mac1

T-Mac1 Contributing Member

Wilcox was one of the major reasons why we lost the last time againts the Clippers! he got them 2nd chance points and had too many off boards .

8. anitasri

anitasri Member

Check the box score for the last game

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=251217012

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Seattle might have positioned itself to unload their crap power forward contracts onto the Knicks; that was a rumor: Fortson and Evans and such for Penny (although I don't see how they'd make the contracts match).

10. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

We get them again next week so it's not a big deal. And I doubt the media is even paying attention to this game.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

While I readily acknowledge that neither of these guys are stars, I sure would have liked to seen either of them end up on our team. I do think they both have potential, and I'd actually love to see Radmanovic playing the 3 for us in situations where we go big and slide McGrady to the 2. His shot would be pretty sweet.

12. supafrumpy

supafrumpy Contributing Member

damn, the clip-show is gathering pieces for a playoff run...

:eek: :eek:

13. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Man, you know Vladamir has got to be kicking himself right now. He turned down a long term deal that would have overpaid him last offseason in hopes of scoring a bigger deal. Now he just got traded to the team with the cheapest owner in the league.

14. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

He turned down a better contract for sure. But I wouldn't cry over his finances. If the top guys like Big Ben, Terry, and Peja reupp with their current teams, then this FA class is going to be pretty weak. Vlad won't be going hungry next year.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Radman is better than Wilcox and will fit with the Clippers. This will help them make the playoffs.

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

What is the deal with teams making trades just before we play them? Minnesota (Ricky Davis), New York (Jalen Rose) and now the Clips.

17. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I doubt even more the media would say our win is not legit because the Clips does not have......Radman.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

For some reason, VladRad is one of my favorite players. I really like him.

19. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

damn i wanted wilcox

20. JamesC

JamesC Member

Its called Elton Brand. Wilcox is a beast who needed to get out from under Brand's shadow. Kind of similar to Chris Webber and Rasheed Wallace from Washington Bullet days.