1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers acquire Marcus Morris

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Feb 6, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

considering stats aren't really the sole indicator of what people really think in real life, whats the point.

im fully aware of both players. I don't see what the knicks would want in house. people outside of houston do not view players like him in the same lense. that's my point

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see what they would want in Harkless either. Either way it was just about getting a FRP, and ours was better.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

they're the knicks. that should tell people a lot lol

don't think of them as a good organization is the best way to put it

4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Its about cap space as well. Harkless is an expiring contract...House is signed through 2021-22 for $3.5M a year. Knicks are trying to open as much space for two offseasons from now to chase Giannis or any number of top free agents that will probably want another superstar with them. They definitely don't want House on the books at that point.

BaselineFade likes this.
  5. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

clips gave up crap for him

6. buffalobills!!!

7. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

The Clippers are probably going to resign Marcus Morris to a contract of around 3 years $54 million. Compare that to the Sixers paying Tobias Harris 5 years $180 million. I personally dont think Tobias Harris is better than Marcus Morris? WTF.

BaselineFade and pippendagimp like this.
  10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Morris doesn't have bird rights so how are clippers going to resign him?

ElPigto likes this.
  11. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Clippers could sign Morris to a contract above his current contract. Morris currently earns $15 million and the Clippers could offer him an extension to a contact at around $18 million. I don't see any other contender offering Morris more. Miami technically could, but they wont offer him anything longer than one year due to wanting to preserve cap space for free agency 2021...

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

I was waiting to reserve judgement and obviously it’s too soon, but I never understood this trade for the Clippers. Harkless can influence a game without the ball in more ways than Morris and they certainly didn’t need another scorer. Why give up a pick for a guy that is going to be marginalized in your system with all the other guys around him that also need to get their shots up?

Seems like Jamychal Green is the odd man out here. Supposedly Green was our target last trade deadline as a stretch 4. He would’ve been utilized here. Sucks for him. I wonder if he would still sign that below market value contract extension if he could go back in time.

#52 vator, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    clutchdabear and DreamShook like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree. When you have Kawhi, PG13, Lou, and Montrezl getting all your points, you just need intangible Battier-like players to fill in. Harkless is one of those players that is good just doing his job and can knock down an open shot.

Morris is not a player that is going to do other things beside shot, same with Reggie.

14. vator

vator Contributing Member

Seems like a strange plan to add Morris who honestly didn’t address any of the team’s weaknesses. They doubled down on adding another iso scorer that needs touches and shots while also adding another volatile and explosive personality into an already potentially combustible locker room.

RudyTBag, DreamShook and clutchdabear like this.
  15. BigBum

BigBum Member

Morris is clearly upgrade over Harkless. Green is not a smart defender.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Jayhawks 4ever I guess.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, PG and Klaw are 3 and D and Scorer in one, a new breed.